Metal Storm logo
2009 Album You're Most Looking Forward To.

Original post

Posted by Elio, 19.08.2008 - 19:53
Hello guys! 2009 will bring great albums...now I ask you which one you attend most.
Personally, I cannot wait for new Wintersun album, Time, which a lot of metalhead here await. That's why this band (Jari Maenpaa an Kai Hahto) have done greatly with their first omonymous album.
Of course I hope this will be even better!
Please specify your choose.

Poll

What is the next year release which you attend most??

Other (specify)
Wintersun - Time
Iron Maiden - TBA
Kreator - TBA
Agalloch - TBA
Atheist - TBA
Candlemass - TBA
Deep Purple - TBA

Total votes: 150
09.01.2009 - 22:33
JohnDoe
Account deleted
If Deep Purple and Iron Maiden are said to release new albums this year, that would be great; Porcupine Tree are said to be working on a new album, if that's true, that would be great as well.
10.01.2009 - 02:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm looking forward to the Tenet debut which features Steve Souza (Exodus), Jed Simon (Devin Townsend, Strapping Young Lad, Zimmer's Hole), Glen Alvelais (Forbidden), Byron Stroud (Strapping Young Lad), and Gene Hoglan
10.01.2009 - 05:32
Piro

The new Insomnium record. I'm really wondering how they will develop their style, since ATWW had heavier, layered feeling than either of the previous two albums.

I honestly just cannot wait.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
10.01.2009 - 07:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Oh I forgot about Toxik as well. So basically here's what I'm anticipating:

Heathen, Toxik, Tenet, Exodus, Asphyx, Vader, Gorgoroth (both), Behemoth, Lamb of God, Deftones, Napalm Death, Morbid Angel, Wormed, Slayer, Megadeth, Suffocation, Kronos, Waco Jesus, Candlemass, Defiance, Absu, Cattle Decapitation, Brutal Truth, Destroyer 666, Pestilence, Anaal Nathrakh, Mastodon, Anata, Abominable Putridity, Abysmal Torment, Circle of Dead Children...
10.01.2009 - 08:36
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.01.2009 at 20:43

Written by Guest on 09.01.2009 at 00:27

Edit: I would also be interested in Agalloch's new shit if I knew it would be metal-oriented, and not that shitty and boring neo-folk stuff they released with The White... I have mixed feelings with Agalloch... Pale Folklore and Ashes Agains The Grain are great asnd original albums to these ears, but all the rest of their discography is complely worthless (yes kids, INCLUDING that whiny hymn to pretentiousness called The Mantle). I don't know what to expect, really.

Mmm, interesting. But readiong your post here a question pops back into my head which popped up there before... why do MOST people always get negative connotation when the read/hear the word pretentious? If an album is pretentious as hell and is executed brilliantly then there iosn't a single problem with it being pretentious imo. Same goes for simple, derivative, retro, generic, etc. for me.
But I listened back to The Pale Folklore, The Mantle, Ashes Against The Grain, and The White just now.... and I don't hear anything pretentious about The Mantle whatsoever. Please try to explain to me why you think it is pretentious. The White I can understand you having problems with its overtly Neo-Folk inclinations. As for The Pale Folklore that one looses my interest in the long run cause the band is torn between a couple of ideas (black metal, folk metal, doom metal, gothic metal) without them moulding into a whole. And as for Ashes Against The Grain, albiet a good (not great album) it gets boring halfway through for me cause it more or less all sounds the same (yeah I know this weird coming from someone who LOVES doom metal). As for The Mantle I still regard it is the perfect mix of the black, gothic, folk, and doom influences. To my ears nothign pretentious about it at all.

It can be a language problem, because I don't dominate english very well, but I can't think of "pretentious" as a potentially positive term. I think of pretentious as something that pretends to be something that is not well achieved, and that's exactly how The Mantle sounds to these ears. Agalloch tries there to mix black metal, folk, post-rock and other influences into something that, at last, sounds disconnected. There are some great parts in the album, especially with the song I Am The Wooden Doors that I adore, and A Desolation Song that I also love (great song to listen to in "sad drunkness"), but most of the albums is built out of boring, neverending instrumental parts, some pieces that are simply an insult (the completely filler "The Lodge" and the pathetic sample in spanish at the end od "The Hawthorne Passage", which unfortunately I understand) and a very poor lyrical work, considering that the lyrical concept behind the music is one of the things I praise in their other two full-lengths... I mean, I already know that they like oaks and shit but they don't have to repeat it again and again. I hope I explained myslef well.

I don't even own The Mantle anymore... I went to a second-handed record store and exchanged it for a copy of At War With Satan (which I guess you don't like at all)
10.01.2009 - 08:36
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 10.01.2009 at 07:15

Oh I forgot about Toxik as well. So basically here's what I'm anticipating:

Heathen, Toxik, Tenet, Exodus, Vader, Gorgoroth (both), Behemoth, Lamb of God, Deftones, Napalm Death, Morbid Angel, Wormed, Slayer, Megadeth, Suffocation, Kronos, Candlemass, Defiance, Absu, Cattle Decapitation, Brutal Truth, Destroyer 666, Pestilence, Anaal Nathrakh, Mastodon, Anata, Abysmal Torment, Circle of Dead Children...

That Deeströyer 666 shit promises to be KILLER
10.01.2009 - 12:26
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Toxik are releasing an album in 2009? Yuhooooo!!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
10.01.2009 - 17:21
Ernis
狼獾
The new release(s) by a band I love...The Gathering....it's even more important since the new album will be the first after Anneke left the group....
11.01.2009 - 05:19
Fhuesc

Written by Piro on 10.01.2009 at 05:32

The new Insomnium record. I'm really wondering how they will develop their style, since ATWW had heavier, layered feeling than either of the previous two albums.

I honestly just cannot wait.

Same here, i really think they are awesome.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
11.01.2009 - 21:59
Saitenhexerin

Iron Maiden of course! I hope it will be released in 09!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
12.01.2009 - 18:30
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Like many of you, Ive probably voted for Wintersun in this exact same thread for the past 3 years lol

IF "Time" had already been released as it should have been by now, I would probably vote for the new Hypocrisy or Old Man's Child. Those two are pretty much head to head for me....mmmmaybe new Insomnium but Im pretty sure it wont be much different from the previous ablums whereas i feel the aforementioned ones could be a bit more varied than what the did last time around.
16.01.2009 - 21:16
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2008 at 21:55

Good news that is. I couldn't find a thing about them recording on their official site. So I assumed it was just wishful thinking by some people here. How were Artillery at KIT and what was the setlist?

01. Artillery Prelude
02. The Almighty
03. By Inheritance
04. Cybermind
05. The Challenge
06. In The Trash
07. Back In The Trash
08. Out Of The Trash
09. Beneath The Clay (R.I.P.)
10. The Eternal War
11. When Death Comes
12. Khomaniac
13. Terror Squad
14. Into The Universe

On topic: really looking forward to the new Therapy? album, but most of all the new Sacred Oath.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.01.2009 - 23:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
1349, Wintersun (if its released), Slayer, Maiden. shit like that. im in the process of getting Kreator's album.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.01.2009 - 01:05
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I would either say Wintersun, or probably Mastodon's Crack the Skye. Does anyone think that they're going to come out with any albums after "Skye", because it was the whole 4 elements thing they had going.
20.01.2009 - 02:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
Dream Theater's new one seems to be a Progressive monster! Can't wait!!! Really looking forward to new Deathstars which will be released in a couple of days. Hoping Slayer will release something new, rumours about Iron Maiden too. One can always hope. "Time" will be fun, but I've been waiting for far to long so I'm not that excited anymore. Jari should have released something while I was in my Wintersun fever, now the band ain't that interesting anymore. Hopefully "Time" will change that.
----
20.01.2009 - 15:37
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by LeChron James on 19.01.2009 at 23:08

im in the process of getting Kreator's album.

I didn't like it
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.01.2009 - 21:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Saitenhexerin on 11.01.2009 at 21:59

Iron Maiden of course! I hope it will be released in 09!

Ugh, I couldn't care less about this one, that latest sleeping pill they released nearly killed any interest I had in them entirely. Hopefully they pick it up a little bit, but frankly I have a bad feeling....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.01.2009 - 21:58
GT
Coffee!!
Since it wasn't released in 2008 as originally planned my vote goes to Wuthering Heights' upcoming album Salt. It simply can not let me down.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.01.2009 - 19:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I really want to hear the new Shining! Damn... this wait is horrible.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.01.2009 - 19:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Elio on 20.01.2009 at 15:37

I didn't like it

why not? i admit some of the parts on the album were a bit predictable and some of the lyrics were a bit questionable but i thought it was a pretty solid album on the whole.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.01.2009 - 19:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.01.2009 at 19:32

I really want to hear the new Shining! Damn... this wait is horrible.

Definitely
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
21.01.2009 - 19:54
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by LeChron James on 21.01.2009 at 19:49

Written by Elio on 20.01.2009 at 15:37

I didn't like it

why not? i admit some of the parts on the album were a bit predictable and some of the lyrics were a bit questionable but i thought it was a pretty solid album on the whole.

Basically for the same things you said but with the word "very" insted of "bit"...anyway I rated it 6, so not totally evil.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
21.01.2009 - 21:05
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Just read Immortal will be releasing a new album at the end of the year. That's exciting, I'm definitely curious about that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.01.2009 - 15:56
The Prophet

For me it's

Kreator
Adagio
Vision divine
Insomnium
24.01.2009 - 07:07
Thrashard

Slayer's last album, I am hoping for greatness here. Also, Wintersun's album if it get released in 2009. Also, Verbal Deception's new album in the fall!! FUCK yes this will be a great year.
24.01.2009 - 22:14
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Kreator's new album!!! Now that I heard it it is great! Also Morbid Angel, Slayer, Obituary, Nile, Vader, Behemoth, Suffocation and Paradise Lost are about to record new albums and I hope some of them to be GOOD!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.01.2009 - 20:28
Umideath

I Want to buy Original album (Wintersun - Time) but I,m not because is here IRI.
And.............
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
27.01.2009 - 02:04
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Anaal nathrakh have a new album out in 2009, i am so excited, every album they have done so far is just super, i reckon this one will be also awesome....also new album means a tour, so i hope i can finally see them live!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
28.01.2009 - 17:09
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I know I had voted for Wintersun's new album, but I just found out Blackguard (formerly Profugus Mortis), was about to release their second full-lenght album, entitled Profugus Mortis!!! I can't wait! ^^
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
28.01.2009 - 17:50
Frankenchrist

How come lamb of god's "wrath" isn't up there?

that's what i voted for
----
Blat Blat