Metal Storm logo
Report Band Timeline Mistakes

24.08.2008 - 08:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Ok, heres another chance for us to bitch and give the staff a hard time. But seriously, Bararey requested I make a thread discussing the mistakes on bands timelines to make the mistakes easier to hunt down.

My only problem at the moment is on Motorheads timeline, it shows Brian Robertson as playing on both Iron Fist and Another Perfect Day, even though he only appeared on APD, and Iron Fist was Fast Eddie Clarkes last album with the band, and it shows him as not being part of the band at that point.

Any others?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.08.2008 - 00:26
matos

hi! i have a question about these timelines:
i saw them for the first time today, i find this a good idea! but i do not understand the colors... ok i kinda get the blue: band is well known (?)
but how do (other) color(s) reflect the albums ? or what's the main purpose of colors ?
----
25.08.2008 - 02:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by matos on 25.08.2008 at 00:26

hi! i have a question about these timelines:
i saw them for the first time today, i find this a good idea! but i do not understand the colors... ok i kinda get the blue: band is well known (?)
but how do (other) color(s) reflect the albums ? or what's the main purpose of colors ?

I think its just a way of quickly telling the dividing line between certain periods.
----
- George Carlin
26.08.2008 - 01:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yes.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.08.2008 - 20:16
Ivan
Retired Admin
Be patient with the lineup please - right now the problem is that lineup are not attached to albums, but rather to years, so there's no way to specify who exactly played on the album recorded in the year of lineup change. I'm working on a solution for that.
27.08.2008 - 22:34
pdepmcp

Written by Ivan on 26.08.2008 at 20:16

Be patient with the lineup please - right now the problem is that lineup are not attached to albums, but rather to years, so there's no way to specify who exactly played on the album recorded in the year of lineup change. I'm working on a solution for that.

A bit off topic about time line, but the problem with lineup attached to years and not to album is particulary noticable for guest/session members for band that publish more than 1 release per year....

...annoying
09.03.2011 - 22:15
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
I'm sure this has been suggested before. But it would be a cool idea to have a way of showing the final lineup of bands that are currently disbanded instead of just showing all members as previous.
15.03.2011 - 20:23
Destructhor

Look the band Sylosis, their styles are Melodic Death and Thrash Metal

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=79468
18.03.2011 - 20:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Destructhor on 15.03.2011 at 20:23

Look the band Sylosis, their styles are Melodic Death and Thrash Metal

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=79468

This is the thread for band timeline mistakes. Like this thing.

This is the thread your looking for.
----
- George Carlin