Metal Storm logo
Varg Vikernes vs. Euronymous

Original post

Posted by Berfones, 24.08.2008 - 11:13
In 1993 Varg Vikernes went to Euronymous' home and stabed him to death there.
Both Varg and Euronymous had their contribution to the black metal world, but there was a dipute between them, some say it was on finansual background and that Euronymous owed Varg money, but when dead he cannot pay it back I guess...some say it was to out do the murder of a homosexual man the previous year by Emperor's drummer at the time Faust, but the most likely reason is the Euronymous took all the credit for Varg's actions like church burnings and all anti-christian acts and often appologized for all of those, thus weakening the black metal scene and showing them all as idiots.
I for once take Varg's side, he is probably the most influencial man in BM, starting a wave og church burnings and anti-religious acts world wide, on the other hand Euronymous apologized for all of these actions, great musicial he was, but he betrayed his community, and I believe he should have been banned from this community, Varg took it to the extreme, and banned him from the world.
This poll is about who was right, Euronymous for doing what he did, or Varg for stoping him?

Poll

Who do you prefer in this battle of the titans?

Count Grishnak (Varg)
Euronymous

Total votes: 128
08.08.2012 - 20:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 08.08.2012 at 19:55

No no... Im pretty sure Dead and Kurt both killed themselves.

No shirt shitlock.
08.08.2012 - 20:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 08.08.2012 at 20:03
No shirt shitlock.

Definitely gonna save that one
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.08.2012 - 20:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.08.2012 at 20:05

I love spoonerisms
08.08.2012 - 20:41
Daniell
_爱情_
Battle of the titans my arse. A moron killed a promising musician. Neither the moron nor the promising musician can be called a titan
09.08.2012 - 07:54
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 08.08.2012 at 20:06

Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.08.2012 at 20:05

I love spoonerisms

Really... you thought I was serious, they obviously killed eachother
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.09.2012 - 11:34
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Both men are pretty evil (has nothing to do with thread i know), however I'd go with Varg, since he has more work with his band Burzum.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
07.09.2012 - 13:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Varg is simply so metal

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.02.2013 - 18:33
Maco
Pvt Funderground
If euronymous was a titan, why he died?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.02.2013 - 01:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Maco on 09.02.2013 at 18:33

Cuz an idiotic psychopath fucking killed him ? Who seriously thinks Varg is sane ? lol
He's not, ask this band in Israel who almost received a bomb by the mail, lucky for them, the post office received it first.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.02.2013 - 03:09
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Guib on 12.02.2013 at 01:51

Written by Maco on 09.02.2013 at 18:33

Cuz an idiotic psychopath fucking killed him ? Who seriously thinks Varg is sane ? lol
He's not, ask this band in Israel who almost received a bomb by the mail, lucky for them, the post office received it first.

name of the band?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.02.2013 - 03:47
Vombatus
Potorro
^Salem, if I remember well.
12.02.2013 - 15:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Yeah it was Salem
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.02.2013 - 21:57
Guib
Thrash Talker
Quote:
Quote:

name of the band?

Just look at the two posts ... before this one, this is the band.
And thank you very much for not taking my word... tsss
Who do you take me for !!!
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
19.08.2016 - 12:33
Metren
Dreadrealm
Varg might be the musician I despise the most in the world. I know I should divorce the art from the artist, but in his case I simply cannot. He killed another human being in cold blood. 16 stab wounds in the back, if that's self-defence, then running a person over with a car five times in a row is "an accident". I can't and don't want to imagine what its like to be one the fanboys on Youtube and elsewhere, who defend Varg murdering Euronymous "Euronymous was a cold person!" "Euronymous is dead! So who cares?" etc... I've seen interviews with Varg on the topic and he is pathetic, he absolutely does not own up to what he did like a man. He reminds me of a rapist, who's "excuse" is "she was dressed provocatively".
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
19.08.2016 - 18:17
The Batlord

Varg all the fucking way. The only Mayhem album I truly love, as opposed to kinda like a bit, is Deathcrush. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas sounds like a B-movie version of Darkthrone, though "Freezing Moon" is one of my fav songs ever, while Burzum is fucking brilliant. I even kinda like the prison albums. Euronymous is just vastly overrated and had a dubious mustache, whereas Varg was one of the greatest minds in all of metal history.

The fact that Varg is the Nazi Ted Bundy of the metal world is just a bonus.
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
21.08.2016 - 12:03
mz

One of the greatest minds in all metal history ?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
21.08.2016 - 12:16
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by The Batlord on 19.08.2016 at 18:17

The fact that Varg is the Nazi Ted Bundy Al Bundy of the metal world is just a bonus.

Fixed it for you.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
21.08.2016 - 19:37
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Irritable Ted on 21.08.2016 at 19:17

Don't care for either of them, but don't call Al Bundy.

Yeah, I guess I owe the fans an apology for that one. So, here goes: forgive me, fans of Married With Children.

But seriously, I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have commented here in the first place. Talking about murder and murderers is emotionally exhausting. I'm here on MS to discover new bands and have fun conversations about music and this topic doesn't really help me in that area. Still, I felt I needed to make that joke at Varg's expense. Because he is a joke and an awful human being. OK, that's it. I'm done talking about him. Back to discovering metal.
----
01.09.2016 - 10:40
FOOCK Nam

Fuk now i like both. But dont time spend too much on them..remember euro used to have rumours being gay..havent analyze him,fuk i dont care about both of them too much now.. Keep going discuss who you like.
21.12.2016 - 14:59
BEHEMOTH 1

Varg already won lol