Metal Storm logo
Varg Vikernes vs. Euronymous

Original post

Posted by Berfones, 24.08.2008 - 11:13
In 1993 Varg Vikernes went to Euronymous' home and stabed him to death there.
Both Varg and Euronymous had their contribution to the black metal world, but there was a dipute between them, some say it was on finansual background and that Euronymous owed Varg money, but when dead he cannot pay it back I guess...some say it was to out do the murder of a homosexual man the previous year by Emperor's drummer at the time Faust, but the most likely reason is the Euronymous took all the credit for Varg's actions like church burnings and all anti-christian acts and often appologized for all of those, thus weakening the black metal scene and showing them all as idiots.
I for once take Varg's side, he is probably the most influencial man in BM, starting a wave og church burnings and anti-religious acts world wide, on the other hand Euronymous apologized for all of these actions, great musicial he was, but he betrayed his community, and I believe he should have been banned from this community, Varg took it to the extreme, and banned him from the world.
This poll is about who was right, Euronymous for doing what he did, or Varg for stoping him?

Poll

Who do you prefer in this battle of the titans?

Count Grishnak (Varg)
Euronymous

Total votes: 128
02.01.2009 - 22:03
Well both were great at what they did. Euronymous was a good drummer, as Varg was a good ______ (anything can go there; vocalist, guitarist, killer, arsonist, etc).

So I can't decide.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
03.01.2009 - 13:43
Berfones
Written by I, The Quatropus on 02.01.2009 at 22:03

Well both were great at what they did. Euronymous was a good drummer, as Varg was a good ______ (anything can go there; vocalist, guitarist, killer, arsonist, etc).

So I can't decide.

Euronymous was a guitarist, no?
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
03.01.2009 - 18:24
Written by Berfones on 03.01.2009 at 13:43

So I can't decide.

Ho shit, I'm found out D;
I always keep thinking he's a drummer, I don't know why. -.-
----
03.01.2009 - 18:51
Berfones
Written by I, The Quatropus on 03.01.2009 at 18:24

So I can't decide.

XD
I know he is not very good at writing the lyrics for Burzum's songs (check out Burzum trivia)
----
03.01.2009 - 19:32
Written by Berfones on 03.01.2009 at 18:51

So I can't decide.

XD
I know he is not very good at writing the lyrics for Burzum's songs (check out Burzum trivia)

Wow
That made me lol. XD

I'm guessing Euronymous did it for the lulz.
----
03.01.2009 - 19:40
Zombie, M.D.
I think we already know who won this fight...
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
03.01.2009 - 21:37
Berfones
Written by I, The Quatropus on 03.01.2009 at 19:32

So I can't decide.

XD

Wow
That made me lol. XD

and we saw who laughs last
----
03.01.2009 - 22:47
Written by Berfones on 03.01.2009 at 21:37

Written by I, The Quatropus on 03.01.2009 at 19:32

So I can't decide.

XD

Wow
That made me lol. XD

and we saw who laughs last

Hence in return Varg really did do it for the lulz, haha
----
13.03.2009 - 18:13
metalhead3
I voted for Varg,in my opinion he is better musician than euronymous
16.07.2009 - 18:46
Ankläger
Musically, all Eurynomos gave us was Freezing Moon and some tremolo picking. Varg gave us some of everything: black metal, ambient, folk, etc.
16.07.2009 - 23:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 03.01.2009 at 19:40

I think we already know who won this fight...

thats so true

overall i would say Varg is slightly worse musician than Euronymus was, but his name is much more famous among metalers, so... yes, particularly it should be because he is still alive, but anyway
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.07.2009 - 23:39
Piro
I prefer Burzum over Mayhem (almost) any day. Not to mention, Varg is just so kvlt
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
17.07.2009 - 00:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
... and we have Varg to thank for the impending Lords of Chaos movie adaptation starring dude from Twilight. once all the vamp kids start claiming to be true black metal fans, be sure to send your thanks and fruit baskets to Varg.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.07.2009 - 01:17
Piro
^
Wonderful. On the bright side, I will finally be able to buy a Burzum T-shirt at Hot Topic.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
17.08.2009 - 11:41
Berfones
Written by BitterCOld on 17.07.2009 at 00:36

... and we have Varg to thank for the impending Lords of Chaos movie adaptation starring dude from Twilight. once all the vamp kids start claiming to be true black metal fans, be sure to send your thanks and fruit baskets to Varg.

cheap shot dude...
Twilight is a sucky movie (vampires with glitters on their faces??a bit on the drug-queen style...)those emo kids will never survive the massive and brutal attacks of hellish shriks slashing their heads open to find a void...I don't think there is a real threat to BM coming from these people, as the old saying goes "every time an emo kid cries a viking comes from the paganlands and dismembers him"
----
17.08.2009 - 14:12
dEAthB3D
If it's Lord Of The Ring, Varg is Count Grishnakh of Lugburz then Euronymous is smeagol....

I voted for Varg.. He's waaaayyy better than Euronymous in almost every way (including killing and arson)
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
17.08.2009 - 16:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by dEAthB3D on 17.08.2009 at 14:12

If it's Lord Of The Ring, Varg is Count Grishnakh of Lugburz then Euronymous is smeagol....

I voted for Varg.. He's waaaayyy better than Euronymous in almost every way (including killing and arson)

Euronymous did he killed someone and also burned? so how Varg can be better in that case?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.08.2009 - 19:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Berfones on 17.08.2009 at 11:41

cheap shot dude...
Twilight is a sucky movie (vampires with glitters on their faces??a bit on the drug-queen style...)those emo kids will never survive the massive and brutal attacks of hellish shriks slashing their heads open to find a void...I don't think there is a real threat to BM coming from these people, as the old saying goes "every time an emo kid cries a viking comes from the paganlands and dismembers him"

how is it a cheap shot? varg's actions and the surrounding sensationalism spawned the book, thus spawning the movie.

it's his fault.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.08.2009 - 20:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Varg is a first class loser. Without Euronymous he wouldn't even be around. When Euronymous started his Helvete stuff Varg was just a follower and becuase he was jealous of Euronymous' popularity he killed him, simple as that
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2009 - 23:01
Berfones
Written by BitterCOld on 17.08.2009 at 19:07

Written by Berfones on 17.08.2009 at 11:41

cheap shot dude...

how is it a cheap shot? varg's actions and the surrounding sensationalism spawned the book, thus spawning the movie.

it's his fault.

but he did not cast for the movie...
----
07.11.2009 - 19:54
SatyriconChick
Duh - the King of black metal himself, Euronymous. Fuck the so-called 'Count.'
22.09.2011 - 20:13
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Varg. His music is very catchy, gripping and atmospheric.
22.09.2011 - 20:26
@gent_-_orange
Voted Euronymous, His contributions to the Genre are way more important than Varg's, Regardless of what a lot of historical revisionists say Varg probably wouldn't have released an album at all if it wasn't for him.
22.09.2011 - 21:52
Yavanna
Well, Euronimus is Dead and Varg lives to tell the tale... I have no doubts about who won this battle....
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
22.09.2011 - 23:07
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Yavanna on 22.09.2011 at 21:52

Well, Euronimus is Dead and Varg lives to tell the tale... I have no doubts about who won this battle....

I guess you don't like this type of people, do you?
23.09.2011 - 08:01
dr.doom
I find Burzum to be a lot more interesting in the long run than Mayhem.

Mayhem sounds better at first, but there's really nothing to pick apart like there is with Burzum, so I think Varg contributed more to Black Metal being its own genre.

A lot of Mayhem sounds more like an extension of death metal whereas early Burzum and Darkthrone albums are very unique.
23.09.2011 - 16:07
Yavanna
Written by Guest on 22.09.2011 at 23:07

What makes you think I don't like them? Sometimes I find them quite interesting
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
23.09.2011 - 16:08
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Yavanna on 23.09.2011 at 16:07

Written by Guest on 22.09.2011 at 23:07

What makes you think I don't like them? Sometimes I find them quite interesting

I just had a feeling...
02.02.2012 - 11:52
Zombie94
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2009 at 20:41

Varg is a first class loser. Without Euronymous he wouldn't even be around. When Euronymous started his Helvete stuff Varg was just a follower and becuase he was jealous of Euronymous' popularity he killed him, simple as that

As it turns out, Euronymous had been talking to his 'close' friends about tying Varg up, bringing him out into the woods and torturing him to death while filming the whole thing. And because he'd been keeping it a secret between friends, Varg took it seriously and decided to kill him before he could try and do the same. Granted Varg could be lying about this but I certainly don't buy any of the 'kvlt' or other metal related reasons for him murdering Euronymous as he's always shunned that image portrayed of him and the scene (Satanist etc.). Also, if you think Varg is crazy you should look up some interviews with Euronymous. He liked to think he actually was a Satanist, the most metal etc. and had some pretty controversial political views. It seems more likely to me that he would try and murder someone in order to gain black metal status.
02.02.2012 - 12:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Aarseth was an asshole. Varg is an asshole. The only awesome thing Aarseth did was "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas". Varg did a couple more awesome albums.

So, asshole 2, the younger one and still alive, wins it for me.
----