Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - the best song(s)

27.08.2008 - 03:17
Janne
Hugin
I started this thread because I haven't found it when I was looking for it. Originally, I wanted to creat a poll but then I realised that there are at least 20 songs which could be mentioned as an opportunity. You can say this thread is a big copy...and to be honest it is but I don't care. Personally my favourite songs are: all songs from Ecliptica (I'm nott kidding), Weballergy, Black Sheep, San Sebastian, Tallulah, Wolf & Raven, Respect The Wilderness, The Cage, Victoria's Secret, Misplaced and Wildfire. So as you can see I couldn't choose one song, but I'd be happy if you would try it! Now it's your turn! I'm waiting for replies!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
27.08.2008 - 07:12
Iron Priest

oh man I can't pick one song. There are so many so I am going to pick one that is in my top ten but probably not in anyone elses.

The Vice
27.08.2008 - 13:21
Janne
Hugin
Written by Iron Priest on 27.08.2008 at 07:12

oh man I can't pick one song. There are so many so I am going to pick one that is in my top ten but probably not in anyone elses.

The Vice

yep, really good song. it's my 2nd favourite from Unia after Caleb(if not seeing Out In The Fields)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
27.08.2008 - 14:13
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
My favorite is probably Don't Say a Word, but great songs are also Black Sheep, San Sebastian, Fullmoon and most songs from Winterheart's Guild.
27.08.2008 - 15:54
Elio
Red Nightmare
Well, as I said in the thread about best CoB song, it is impossible to choose one.
Probably I'd say My Land.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.08.2008 - 16:40
Janne
Hugin
Written by Elio on 27.08.2008 at 15:54

Well, as I said in the thread about best CoB song, it is impossible to choose one.
Probably I'd say My Land.

Thanks A song from Ecliptica, yeeaahh!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.09.2008 - 03:30
MortalTheory
Account deleted
my favorites: In ORDER

1: Black Sheep
2: 8th Commandment
3: Respect the Wilderness
4: Wolf & Raven
5: San Sebastian
6: Abandoned Pleased Brainwashed Exploited
7: The Cage
8: Victoria's Secret
9: Kingdom For A Heart
10: Blinded No More

favorite album: Silence
20.09.2008 - 20:03
Abattoir

I like more ''speedy'' power metal songs from them, like Wolf & Raven, San Sebastian, The Cage, Weballergy...and so on.
20.09.2008 - 22:16
Janne
Hugin
Yeah, good old speedy Sonata songs are great! I can never get bored of them!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
23.09.2008 - 13:55
Zenzero
Zenzero
San sebastian, the first sonata's song i listened to!
23.09.2008 - 14:21
Janne
Hugin
Written by Zenzero on 23.09.2008 at 13:55

San sebastian, the first sonata's song i listened to!

I like the 'Whoo-oo' part very much in that song!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.09.2008 - 13:05
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Janne on 27.08.2008 at 03:17
Personally my favourite songs are: all songs from Ecliptica (I'm nott kidding) [...]

In no way can Picturing the Past be counted as one of Sonata Arctica's best songs. Neither is Letter to Dana one of their best ballads, knowing what they did later - Tallulah, Shy, Last Drop Falls, Gravenimage...

Although my all-time favourite Sonata Arctica song is San Sebastian (which got me into them, like it happened to Zenzero), I have to choose FullMoon as the most headbangable, sing-along, fun-to-have-with song in a concert, as far as my experience goes (I've only seen Sonata Arctica live twice, but they are coming back to destroy Madrid in November [evil laugh]). You cannot beat that crowd shouting "Run away, run away, run away" like a Swiss clock... On the other hand, their best ballad has to be Last Drop Falls in my book, although Shy (which got me addicted to Sonata Arctica's B-sides back in high school) is brilliant as well. I can play all these songs on my piano, hehe!

So, if I have to choose a top 10 by Sonata Arctica, it would be:

1. San Sebastian
2. My Selene (I'm really SHOCKED nobody has mentioned this one)
3., 4., 5. (in no particular order): Wolf & Raven, Eighth Commandment, FullMoon
6. Victoria's Secret
7. Ain't Your Fairytale
8. Last Drop Falls
9. Silver Tongue
10. Don't Say a Word

Funny enough, no "Unia" song makes my top 10 although I like that album more than "Reckoning Night". It's just because I don't find any "Unia" song especially outstanding, though I consider it quite an interesting album except for the complete fail that is "Good Enough is Good Enough", the simplest and most boring Sonata Arctica ballad ever. In addition, I have Kingdom for a Heart as my ringtone, although I did not include that song among my favourites, probably because I have grown too used to it...
24.09.2008 - 13:20
Janne
Hugin
Written by Taktsekte on 24.09.2008 at 13:05

In no way can Picturing the Past be counted as one of Sonata Arctica's best songs. Neither is Letter to Dana one of their best ballads, knowing what they did later - Tallulah, Shy, Last Drop Falls, Gravenimage...

Although my all-time favourite Sonata Arctica song is San Sebastian (which got me into them, like it happened to Zenzero), I have to choose FullMoon as the most headbangable, sing-along, fun-to-have-with song in a concert, as far as my experience goes (I've only seen Sonata Arctica live twice, but they are coming back to destroy Madrid in November [evil laugh]). You cannot beat that crowd shouting "Run away, run away, run away" like a Swiss clock... On the other hand, their best ballad has to be Last Drop Falls in my book, although Shy (which got me addicted to Sonata Arctica's B-sides back in high school) is brilliant as well. I can play all these songs on my piano, hehe!

So, if I have to choose a top 10 by Sonata Arctica, it would be:

1. San Sebastian
2. My Selene (I'm really SHOCKED nobody has mentioned this one)
3., 4., 5. (in no particular order): Wolf & Raven, Eighth Commandment, FullMoon
6. Victoria's Secret
7. Ain't Your Fairytale
8. Last Drop Falls
9. Silver Tongue
10. Don't Say a Word

Funny enough, no "Unia" song makes my top 10 although I like that album more than "Reckoning Night". It's just because I don't find any "Unia" song especially outstanding, though I consider it quite an interesting album except for the complete fail that is "Good Enough is Good Enough", the simplest and most boring Sonata Arctica ballad ever. In addition, I have Kingdom for a Heart as my ringtone, although I did not include that song among my favourites, probably because I have grown too used to it...

I agree that Picturing The Past is the weakest song of Ecliptica but Letter To Dana is just as good as Tallulah! and yeah, FullMoon is the perfect live-song but not the best song of Ecliptica. (Blank File, Destruction Preventer are surely better). I'll also see them live again in November and I'll try not to be so drunk as last time
p.s: make some records of those songs you play on piano and send me, pls! I'm very curious!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
07.01.2009 - 18:02
MeloDeathViking

The Cage and Wolf and Raven. The keyboards on The Cage are fucking incredible.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
07.01.2009 - 19:18
Luciferion

Hmm If i'd have to choose 1 i would go with Fullmoon. Such a amazing song live when teh whole crowd gets into it, and it's also teh song that got me into Sonata. It may not be there best studio song but its got to be pretty close and the live factor just pushes it over the top for me. heh.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
08.01.2009 - 10:37
Eeric
Account deleted
White Pearl, Black Oceans...
12.01.2009 - 17:23
MeloDeathViking

I'm actually starting to get a new favorite. Suprisingly enough, it's off of Unia, my least favorite album, but none the less, the song is Caleb.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
13.01.2009 - 01:26
Janne
Hugin
Written by MeloDeathViking on 12.01.2009 at 17:23

I'm actually starting to get a new favorite. Suprisingly enough, it's off of Unia, my least favorite album, but none the less, the song is Caleb.

yep, I think we all agree that Caleb is the best song of Unia.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.01.2009 - 09:05
Eeric
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 13.01.2009 at 01:26

sorry, I don't My dream's but a drop of fuel for a nightmare, IMO
14.01.2009 - 10:06
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Guest on 08.01.2009 at 10:37

thank you! only one person has said this one, which i agree that it is one of sonata's best songs, if not the best. i can't really choose a fav one, as most have said, there are many good songs. i'm also suprised no one has said the power of one, victorias secret, or broken. also, has anyone heard the wind beneath my wings cover? that's really amazing too, specially because of tony's vocals
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
14.01.2009 - 16:57
Janne
Hugin
Written by tulkas on 14.01.2009 at 10:06

Written by Guest on 08.01.2009 at 10:37

thank you! only one person has said this one, which i agree that it is one of sonata's best songs, if not the best. i can't really choose a fav one, as most have said, there are many good songs. i'm also suprised no one has said the power of one, victorias secret, or broken. also, has anyone heard the wind beneath my wings cover? that's really amazing too, specially because of tony's vocals

Of course I know 'The Wind Beneath My Wings' but I prefer 'Die With Your Boots On' if I should chose the best cover song. I like the drums so much in that song!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.01.2009 - 17:00
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 14.01.2009 at 09:05

Written by Janne on 13.01.2009 at 01:26

sorry, I don't My dream's but a drop of fuel for a nightmare, IMO

I can't listen to that song too much..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
07.03.2009 - 00:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Tallulah, Shy and Fullmoon
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.03.2009 - 23:27
BuzzPhil

I love all their songs, but my favorites are Broken, Fullmoon, Dream Thieves, The Gun, UnOpened, Kingdom of a Heart, Last Drop Falls, The Power of One, 8th Commandement, Silver Tongue, The Ruins of My Life, My Land, Tallulah and Shy. You can see I'm a big fan of SA!
17.03.2009 - 16:45
Janne
Hugin
Written by BuzzPhil on 16.03.2009 at 23:27

I love all their songs, but my favorites are Broken, Fullmoon, Dream Thieves, The Gun, UnOpened, Kingdom of a Heart, Last Drop Falls, The Power of One, 8th Commandement, Silver Tongue, The Ruins of My Life and Shy. You can see I'm a big fan of SA!

It's interesting, Dream Thieves isn't their best song imo. Though I like it too!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
25.03.2009 - 14:29
BuzzPhil

Yeah, Dream Thieves is not their best, I agree. But it's one of my favorites and I forgot to say... Wolf & Raven is one of my favorites too!
25.03.2009 - 19:50
Janne
Hugin
Written by BuzzPhil on 25.03.2009 at 14:29

Yeah, Dream Thieves is not their best, I agree. But it's one of my favorites and I forgot to say... Wolf & Raven is one of my favorites too!

Yeah, Wolf & Raven! I remember there was time when I had that strange feeling (you know when you feel cold on your back) while listening to that song!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.09.2009 - 02:41
BuzzPhil

Flag In The Ground and Last Amazing Grays are both amazing!! And I started listened to RN and Unia so... Don't Say A Word, Misplaced, Blinded No More, Caleb, Paid In Full, Under Your Tree enter in my favourites too!!!
15.09.2009 - 02:41
BuzzPhil

Flag In The Ground and Last Amazing Grays are both amazing!! And I started listened to RN and Unia so... Don't Say A Word, Misplaced, Blinded No More, Caleb, Paid In Full, Under Your Tree enter in my favourites too!!!
15.09.2009 - 11:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So far i enjoy "Flag In The Ground" most from the newest album
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep