Metal Storm logo
How well do you know other Metalstormers?

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 03.09.2008 - 01:48
With over 14,000 members, Metal Storm is a popular site. A significant chunk of registered members post in the forums regularly. With almost 15 people over 5,000 posts, and many, many more in the thousands, quite a bit of digital dialog gets tossed around here. But what do we really know about each of them? Just looking at the top 20 I find myself shocked that I still don't know as much as I should (or would like to) about them. We all know Ivan created this place and does an amazing job keeping the whole site running (is that enough butt kissing to earn me some points?), Marcel has been a Metalhead since the days of Mozart and Beethoven and K7 can't spell to save a life (no seriously, 6 people died this week because of his spelling mistakes). Still, there are some members who I have gotten to know fairly well, like Kap'N Korrupt.

The question is, what do you know about other members and what would you like to know, especially the top posters here. Go down the list, and ask yourself those questions. I just feel that getting to know one another better can really improve the overall quality of this site?then again you can all just ignore me.
08.10.2010 - 19:23
vezzy
Stallmanite
Yeah man, where the hell have ya been?

'Course, you can always PM me instead.

*grunt*
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
09.10.2010 - 06:23
Guib
Thrash Talker
hes being pissy ! lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2010 - 23:42
FOOCK Nam

Written by vezzy on 08.10.2010 at 14:24

Written by Guib on 08.10.2010 at 14:19
Somehow I knew you would come -_-

I'm the fear that keeps you awake, I'm the shadows on the wall, I'm the monsters they become, I'm the nightmare in your skull, I'm a dagger in your back, an extra turn on the rack, I'm the quivering of your heart, a stabbing pain, a sudden start.

Vezzy is always watching, that's something else you need to know.

Nice words. But what are you always watching for...or you watch people say something about you then you show up ?
10.10.2010 - 09:50
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.10.2010 at 23:42

Nice words. But what are you always watching for...or you watch people say something about you then you show up ?

Yeah, the latter.
----
10.10.2010 - 16:40
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.10.2010 at 23:42

Written by vezzy on 08.10.2010 at 14:24

Written by Guib on 08.10.2010 at 14:19
Somehow I knew you would come -_-

I'm the fear that keeps you awake, I'm the shadows on the wall, I'm the monsters they become, I'm the nightmare in your skull, I'm a dagger in your back, an extra turn on the rack, I'm the quivering of your heart, a stabbing pain, a sudden start.

Vezzy is always watching, that's something else you need to know.

Don't question yourself too much about Vezzy...

He's taking too much drugs lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 17:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
I assure you my good man, that I have not consumed any narcotic substances that weren't prescribed by a medic.

And that marijuana is nearing legalization in California.

[by the way, for those who didn't get it, I was quoting lyrics from Voltaire's "When You're Evil"]
----
10.10.2010 - 19:17
FOOCK Nam

I googled it but confused between the Voltaire French scholar and the Voltaire band... whose does the lyric belongs to ?
10.10.2010 - 19:32
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.10.2010 at 19:17

I googled it but confused between the Voltaire French scholar and the Voltaire band... whose does the lyric belongs to ?

The band lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 19:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
----
10.10.2010 - 19:55
FOOCK Nam

Written by Guib on 10.10.2010 at 19:32

The band lol

why they name the band as so. They like the scholar or it is just coincidental ?
10.10.2010 - 19:57
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.10.2010 at 19:55

Written by Guib on 10.10.2010 at 19:32

The band lol

why they name the band as so. They like the scholar or it is just coincidental ?

Voltaire is a french poet ...
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 20:10
vezzy
Stallmanite
His real name is Aurelio Voltaire Hernandez.
----
19.03.2012 - 13:50
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Man, I actually don't know anyone on here. I mean I know some of the regular posters, but thats just coz I see their names in the forum often, but apart from that I barely know anything about 99% of the people on here and I'm sure that the same goes for them with me

I used to use a last fm group a lot before, still use it occasionally, but I knew quite a few members on there quite well, but I guess thats coz it was a much smaller group <100
Here there are so many members and you can change your screen names so at some point I never know its the same person posting. Plus I've barely used the pm feature, most of the time it was to spam people with my band links
Some of the people on here seem really chilled out and would be fun to meet up over beers somewhere in the world. I would definitely like to hang out with some of you guys. Maybe when I do hit a festival next year that has an MS camp it would happen
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
01.05.2015 - 16:37
ylside

Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 20:28

ylside, as we once talked on MSN (and that certainly ws the last time I've been online there, lol), seems to look alike my little sister.

Little sister-zoned, that's something you don't hear about everyday lol
01.05.2015 - 16:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ylside on 01.05.2015 at 16:37

Little sister-zoned,

damn, that is extremely harsh.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996