Blasphemy Made Flesh
Once Was Not
Whisper Supremacy
And Then You'll Beg
The Unspoken King

Total votes: 21
04.09.2008 - 19:09
theflyingmachine

Surprised to see that this poll hasn't been created yet.
Once Was Not was a very well done album. The sound on that album is somewhat different from anything they've done, and innovative for the genre as a whole. But, Blasphemy Made Flesh and None So Vile are definitely my favorites and it is difficult to choose the best between the two. I went ahead and voted None So Vile, just because of the sheer complexity of the album which is somehow fused into making coherent tracks. Blasphemy Made Flesh is incredibly catchy and IMO their most underrated.
I personally rank Whisper Supremacy and And Then Youll Beg much lower because of the lack of Lord Worm. Though everyone considers Flo to be the face of the band, I always thought Worm was what separated them from the pack.
04.09.2008 - 22:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I cant choose, realy its like pic up something I dont know, all are good, even Im not so big band fan
Ok album art I like better ''None So Vile'' but musicaly, maybe firts 4 are lil better for me, but I dont know, also I dont know last album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.09.2008 - 03:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The Unspoken King! haha jk yoouuuu mayyyyyy...have escaaaaaped

uuuuuuuuuuuh fuck. hmmm, well...hmmm. I'll go wiiiiiith errrr uhhh None So....mmmmm Once Was Not! Yeah, I'll go with that one. Carrionshine and Angelskingarden gives me a girly boner.
05.09.2008 - 03:29
Baz Anderson

It is so tempting to pick "Blasphemy Made Flesh" because that is very nearly my favourite, but I think we all know "None So Vile" will win this poll quite easily. Quite rightly as well though, it is my favourite album and Cryptopsy's highest point. Such a manic album is it over in a flash - insane stuff that just built on top of what "Blasphemy Made Flesh" started.
Both these are amazing album though.
05.09.2008 - 05:47
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Blasphemy Made Flesh, an absolute milestone of old-school brutal death metal... Early Cryptopsy is some of the few death metal that actually SOUNDS rotten, music that revolves your stomach and you can actually smell it. On the other hand, their technicism isn't empty, but it helps to create those disturbing sensations.
08.09.2008 - 23:43
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...i voted for none so vile, although blasphemy made flesh is one of my favorites too
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
14.11.2008 - 21:53
Demigodc

None So Vile of course, the song phobophile is a masterpiece and the piano intro is beautiful.
14.11.2008 - 23:27
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 05.09.2008 at 05:47

Blasphemy Made Flesh, an absolute milestone of old-school brutal death metal... Early Cryptopsy is some of the few death metal that actually SOUNDS rotten, music that revolves your stomach and you can actually smell it. On the other hand, their technicism isn't empty, but it helps to create those disturbing sensations.

Nice. I picked BMF for basically the same reason. It really has that very unique sound that sloshes its way through every track.
19.01.2010 - 02:33
thewall30

Thats a no brainer, None So Vile. Although Blasphemy Made Flesh gives a run for its money...
----
19.01.2010 - 04:56
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
''None So Vile'' for me as well. Like many others, ''Blasphemy Made Flesh'' lose by little, but the legendary masterpiece of Death Metal is still None So Vile to me.

Althou Serial Messiah from BMF always makes me cry
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
23.09.2010 - 12:39
JD
Account deleted
01. Whisper Supremacy (reminds of the Suffocation style)
02. The Unspoken King (yes i'm serious)
03. None So Vile (i like all the tracks exept "Lichmistress")
04. And Then You'll Beg (it reminds a little bit of Decapitated)
05. Blasphemy Made Flesh
06. Once Was Not (didn't liked Lord Worm's voice)
23.09.2010 - 15:18
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 23.09.2010 at 12:39

01. Whisper Supremacy (reminds of the Suffocation style)
02. The Unspoken King (yes i'm serious)
03. None So Vile (i like all the tracks exept "Lichmistress")
04. And Then You'll Beg (it reminds a little bit of Decapitated)
05. Blasphemy Made Flesh

I am shocked.

I can't decide between Blasphemy Made Flesh and None So Vile, but I'll pick NSV because it was their highest peak and most powerful release. BMF comes in a close second.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
23.09.2010 - 16:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

That's a pretty lame reason to put Once Was Not as your least favorite Cryptopsy album. Cryptopsy is so much more than just vocals
23.09.2010 - 17:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"Once Was Not" was a hard album for me to get into, but once I did, I really loved it. It has a very unique sound, I cant think of anything that sounds like it. And Lord Worm's vocals on it are creepy as hell. xD
23.09.2010 - 19:08
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Who the hell's voting for 'Once was Not'?

I don't understand how anyone can pick anything other than 'None so Vile' or 'Blasphemy Made Flesh. So far ahead of the others.

Should put the demo in there as well. t's damn good. Like a heavier version of the first album.

I'd put them in this order:
1) None so Vile
2) Ungentle Exhumation
3) Blasphemy Made Flesh
4) Whisper Supremacy
[rest - who cares]
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
24.09.2010 - 13:41
JD
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 23.09.2010 at 16:56

That's a pretty lame reason to put Once Was Not as your least favorite Cryptopsy album. Cryptopsy is so much more than just vocals

Of course it's more than vocals, but come on! you can't compare LW's voice in the first 4 albums and One Was Not, but am not saying i hate this album it's great i love some song like, Keeping The Cadaver Dogs Busy, Carrionshine, The Pestilence That Walketh In Darkness, and Flo did a great job, some time i wish if he can do the Lead Vocals, his better than LW and Matt IMO
24.09.2010 - 13:47
JD
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 23.09.2010 at 19:08

Who the hell's voting for 'Once was Not'?

I don't understand how anyone can pick anything other than 'None so Vile' or 'Blasphemy Made Flesh. So far ahead of the others.

Should put the demo in there as well. t's damn good. Like a heavier version of the first album.

I'd put them in this order:
1) None so Vile
2) Ungentle Exhumation
3) Blasphemy Made Flesh
4) Whisper Supremacy
[rest - who cares]

Yeah agree the demo is great, but you should also put "And Then You'll Beg"
24.09.2010 - 17:52
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I thought it was pretty weak. It's not something I play often or even all the way through.

If I was to list all the albums then yeah, 'And then you'll beg' would be above the next 2 albums.

Haven't heard the live CD. Worth getting? Anyone?
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
24.09.2010 - 18:37
JD
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 24.09.2010 at 17:52

Haven't heard the live CD. Worth getting? Anyone?

Yeah it's damn good, the quality of the sound are great plus they played many good sogs such as "Slit Your Guts" "Defenstration" "Graves Of The Fathers" "Shroud" "Phobophile" "Open Face Surgery" "Cold Hate, Warm Blood" and amazing Drums solo by Flo
24.09.2010 - 19:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, their live album is good, but it's nothing mandatory. My biggest complaint is that they decided to record a live album with Martin and never with Lord Worm, but it's still solid.