Metal Storm logo
The best live band

Original post

Posted by Warman, 26.06.2006 - 22:20
Shortly, which band is according to you the best live band?
04.05.2008 - 14:14
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 04.05.2008 at 14:07

Written by Guest on 04.05.2008 at 14:01

[the bad thing is i HAVE TO !! cause as u said they cant come to iran! its a shame! and about money yes u r right its so fuckin ! but i can carry anythin for METAL cause im maniac

I can even get money for Kiss and Metallica so

at Latvia?
04.05.2008 - 14:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.05.2008 at 14:14

Written by Bad English on 04.05.2008 at 14:07

Written by Guest on 04.05.2008 at 14:01

[the bad thing is i HAVE TO !! cause as u said they cant come to iran! its a shame! and about money yes u r right its so fuckin ! but i can carry anythin for METAL cause im maniac

I can even get money for Kiss and Metallica so

at Latvia?

Yes to expencice tickest + way and drinks to much it take smy month money maybe even more
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.05.2008 - 23:30
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
omg i have 2 bands. arch enemy and opeth, i saw them at defenders of the faith and it was amazing and WOW...arch enemy were brutal and they payed lots of amazing songs, they played nemesis and i screamed every word

opeth were beautiful, i cant describe how amazing they are to people who havent seen them live
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
21.05.2008 - 00:09
Ka Tet

Opeth for me was the best live show I've been to. Flawless, well sounding performance, and Mikael Åkerfeldt is a funny guy and talked to the crowd a lot.
21.05.2008 - 09:48
TheBigRossowski

Hmm..people in agreement! Opeth is the best band I've heard live as well! The sound is always great so everything is well received, the music is on point and no bad timing, and yeah, Mike is funny guy! He makes it a real relaxed environment! You see a lot of "true" people at these shows, its good to see some of them smile.

The transitions work just as well as on the album too, from heavy to soft.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
28.07.2008 - 10:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol.. i saw only one dude mention manowar... what is wrong with you people? lol in bulgaria when they played that 6 hour or so gig they brought a choir on stage and played "Warriors of the World United"... i mean how awesome can you get? there truly is no other band like manowar...
28.07.2008 - 16:53
Abattoir

From all concert's and bands that I have seen, I would say that Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Halloween, Apocalyptica, Amon Amarth and Eluveitie were the best concerts for me...all these bands realy kick ass live. I hope that I'll see in the future at least once again all these bands...
09.09.2008 - 04:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
when i saw dragonforce, chimaira and killswitch engage (LOL), chimaira had a flawless performance. the sound was really really dodgy and out of the 3, chimaira played the best even with the sound obstacles. dragonforce was really drunk and had coronas on their mic stands and killswitch murdered "holy diver" as their encore. it was a decent show, definitely worth the 20 dollar ticket price.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.09.2008 - 08:43
☭ Mr. S ☭
Owner of the DSA
For me a live show has to have more than just music, so my picks are Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Slipknot, and Rammstein.
----
Seize the weed of production!
09.09.2008 - 14:51
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by ☭ Mr. S ☭ on 09.09.2008 at 08:43

For me a live show has to have more than just music, so my picks are Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Slipknot, and Rammstein.

Manson puts on a killer show, but last time I've seen him the whole thing was over after about an hour. That's taking points off the live rating.
And Rammstein's performance suffers greatly from Till's problems with looking at the crowd. Their show is perfectly staged, every second planned. But For a good live experience I like the people on stage to be in it with us. There are a number of Bands I could enumerate here where I felt more like a customer paying for some live music than like a fan of a band who love their music and playing it to a bunch of crazy idiots

@Valentin B:
I have seen Manowar live and luckily I didn't have to pay the 80? they normally charge. It was a mini concert to promote their Magic Circle dvd. But they never stopped telling us how they loved their fans and to what lengths they went to give "us" the festival, the dvd and everything else. They made it not about the music but about themselves. And I don't like that. So they're out for me. And also there have been other Bands with a choir on stage, nothing special about that. Get the Rage Wacken '07 DVD (if it's out yet) and see how to really to it.

My vote goes to Opeth. Seen them once and still dreaming about that sometimes They connect with the audience, their sound is excellent and don't get me started about their music.
Also I love Haggard live. Can't wait till end of the month, where I'll see them again
----
09.09.2008 - 16:01
Nego
Account deleted
Iron Maiden & Carcass At wacken 08 is the greatest i have seen live....
09.09.2008 - 16:49
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Don't think I sit before this forums to comment on everything anyone says but this one calls for it.
Iron Maiden in Wacken was the most disappointing and unappealing show I've ever seen. WTH had gotten into Bruce Dickinson to insult that poor camera man before the show - Live in front of a 40k+ crowd? And how arrogant can a band be, refusing to play because the singer can't see everything the way he likes it?

For those who weren't there. When Maiden entered the stage Mr. Dickinson shouted at one of the cameramen who controlled the big robocam which shoots the crowd and stage from above I quote: "Move that fuckin' camera away there, you fuckin' fuck". And he kept repeating this and other unpleasant words until that poor guy finally got word from his boss to do what he was told. And Maiden refused to play until the camera was out of the way so that Bruce as he said could see the crowd properly.
Apart from that they left out a few classics I'd really have liked to hear such as "the clansman". AND the audio quality was beyond bad. Dickinson didn't get his voice even close to what he otherwise seems perfectly capable of, you couldn't hear one guitar at times and after some 105 minutes the gig was over.
For me and many of my friends that was the first Maiden show and for the same number of people it was the last. They aren't that good and by far not important enough to pull that kind of crap on a 60k people festival. We all paid good money for that and no one wants to see bands insult the orga crew. No matter how many albums they sold.
----
09.09.2008 - 21:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i think there is pretty much no competition, even for anyone remotely a fan of Manowar's music, you have to agree that they are the most bombastic, epic, screaming, loudest, truest etc. live band.
09.09.2008 - 23:31
Nego
Account deleted
Written by corrupt on 09.09.2008 at 16:49

Don't think I sit before this forums to comment on everything anyone says but this one calls for it.
Iron Maiden in Wacken was the most disappointing and unappealing show I've ever seen. WTH had gotten into Bruce Dickinson to insult that poor camera man before the show - Live in front of a 40k+ crowd? And how arrogant can a band be, refusing to play because the singer can't see everything the way he likes it?

For those who weren't there. When Maiden entered the stage Mr. Dickinson shouted at one of the cameramen who controlled the big robocam which shoots the crowd and stage from above I quote: "Move that fuckin' camera away there, you fuckin' fuck". And he kept repeating this and other unpleasant words until that poor guy finally got word from his boss to do what he was told. And Maiden refused to play until the camera was out of the way so that Bruce as he said could see the crowd properly.
Apart from that they left out a few classics I'd really have liked to hear such as "the clansman". AND the audio quality was beyond bad. Dickinson didn't get his voice even close to what he otherwise seems perfectly capable of, you couldn't hear one guitar at times and after some 105 minutes the gig was over.
For me and many of my friends that was the first Maiden show and for the same number of people it was the last. They aren't that good and by far not important enough to pull that kind of crap on a 60k people festival. We all paid good money for that and no one wants to see bands insult the orga crew. No matter how many albums they sold.

Bad audio wtf! the audio was not bad at all, but i was also not so far from the scene... and it seems from i was where standing most of the people enjoyed maiden's show....

I think that the concert was great... thats what i think...

about the crane thing... i think it was funny to see bruce like that... but still i felt sorry for the crane guy... and yes Bruce is a drama queen
10.09.2008 - 00:48
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
The best Metal band I have ever seen was Dream Theater. I've seen them 7 times (not counting James LaBrie or LTE). Their "Evening With" concerts are over three hours long! For me, it is the combination of the following:
1. The Music. Yeah, I am a fanboy...so what!? Maybe the are the biggest "Love 'em or Hate 'em" Metal band out there. But the music these guys put out really speaks to me.
II. Musicianship: Probably what the band is most known for, amazing musicians. Every time I see Myung rip up that bass my jaw drops.
Three: The humor. While being extremely serious artists, they are just as funny. I have seen the Johns kick a soccerball around on stage while soloing then use Jordan as the goal! And many, many more happenings.
For: Alternative songs. From the acoustic renditions, to medleys to cover songs (and albums) you never really know what these boys will pull out.
F. The audience. There is something about 5,000 music theory geeks assembling that is so much fun. Where else can you talk about the pentatonic scales used on the last Opeth album Dungeons & Dragons and the newest iPhone updates?

There are plenty more, but I have to go finish cooking.
----
(space for rent)
13.09.2008 - 14:00
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Actually Dream Theater is the band I so want to see live, I guess I'll still have that oportunity.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.09.2008 - 22:58
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Metallica and Slayer i must say.
Slayer really improves they can play really fast on Raining Blood a really good Preformance.
Metallica are gods live!
30.01.2009 - 20:31
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Kataklysm and Cradle Of Filth are great live, even at tiny gigs. When I saw Kataklysm, everybody could climb on the stage and banghead with the band, it was awesome! And the singer spoke only French, since the band is from Montreal and that's where I saw them. And for CoF, maybe it's just because I can scream every single song by heart along with Dani, but I saw them twice and though the first time was a little dull, the second was totally insane. Dani Filth is probably one of the most dynamic frontmen ever.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
31.01.2009 - 10:44
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
The most stand out performances that come to mind are;

Agalloch: They played all the right songs and the venue was about as big as my living room, which is always great

Gojira: they KILLED when I saw them with Behemoth. I had barely heard them before and they blew me away.

Amon Amarth: they always put on a great show and are so nice to their fans. They just have the crowd withthem the whole time.

Opeth: They have a great presence and Mikael always is very nice and funny. Because their songs are so long they can only play a certain amount of music. Which makes most shows very unique.
----
Coldgrits
04.02.2009 - 20:30
IronBlackZepp

The best live show I saw was Iron Maiden. But I have seen some other good live bands like Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, and Ozzy Osbourne. However I have been to many metal shows, and live shows in general. I didnt care for most of the death, grindcore, and black metal bands I have seen. The worst sounding show I have been to was the Van Halen show I went to in 2007, not that I dont like the band but because It was so loud I could not hear any of the muaic. Save for Eddie's guitar solo, Alex's drum solo, and the begining of ice cream man. But when that band played together you could not hear a thing, that sucked big time since I paid so much to see them.
05.02.2009 - 08:53
Eeric
Account deleted
Kiuas so far I've seen
05.02.2009 - 12:10
baldur

I saw Meshuggah at metal camp and damn they are great live so energetic.
07.02.2009 - 15:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I would swear it must be Iron Maiden...such a power and atmosphere during their gig i havent seen so far
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.03.2009 - 18:54
Yossarian

Hard. Almost impossible choice.
The bands I have liked more live are Ac-dc, Machine Head, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.
I can't decide between these five and I am not a special fan of Metallica or Ac-dc, but their concerts are fantastic, though I tend to disconnect when Metallica plays some song after Load.

Judas surprised me. I couldn't figure out that they are still so vivid when I saw them recently and their stage tricks and effects are buffff...great.

Machine head performances are pure energy. No theatrical effects are necessary, just astonishing.

Iron Maiden is God.

Megadeth, King Diamond, Motorhead and Opeth also play awesome gigs.

I am dying for seeing Rammstein and I missed the opportunity to see Pantera or Sepultura old formation...A pity.

What about W.a.s.p., S.o.a.d. and My dying bride? Can someone please tell me about their shows?
27.03.2009 - 18:59
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I haven't seen that much bands live, but Haggard was fantastic and I don't know any band that I think can do better
28.03.2009 - 01:21
Abattoir

Written by baldur on 05.02.2009 at 12:10

I saw Meshuggah at metal camp and damn they are great live so energetic.

Yea, that was an awesome show indeed.
03.04.2009 - 12:02
Brave

Vader, Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, LoG,, Black Label Society (Zakk fucking beer master), Mastodon,
03.04.2009 - 14:23
taha_69

Ive been to alot of gigs (still loads more I want to see), but the ones that stick out are:

Iron Maiden

Down

Metallica

Opeth
13.06.2009 - 09:50
symbolic727

Cynic is the best band i have seen live and Opeth comes in a close second.
13.06.2009 - 11:30
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I think the best band I've seen live are Slayer, not much of a show but their sound is awesome, it almost sounds like thry just stick the tunes in the backstage and perform playback. There isn't a flaw.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."