Satyricon
Mayhem
Gorgoroth
Carpathian Forest

Total votes: 275
28.07.2008 - 16:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hmm, now I'm not so sure anymore. The first half of Dimmu Borgir's discography is very majestic IMO. I might have to go with them at this moment.
----
28.07.2008 - 18:22
Xaphiris

Written by Valentin B on 28.07.2008 at 12:15

Written by Damnated on 02.06.2008 at 23:44

Written by 6hell6fire6 on 02.06.2008 at 23:33

I think other countries bands cant do black metal very well.

i see your point!

hahahahahaa this one cracked me up lol

yeah, that's fucking epic, lol.
----
31.07.2008 - 05:21
Sorg
Account deleted
Written by Øyvind on 28.07.2008 at 12:40

Voted for Emperor, not so much because I like them (and I really do) but because there's a professor in my college that looks exactly as Ihsahn Not quite rational reasoning, but I'm having a huge hangover and therefore I can be excused And also, the fact that there's no Dimmu borgir among the bands you can vote for did surprise me, but I don't mind, I didn't create this topic so I don't have the right to bash someone just because they don't share my taste in music...at least when it comes to bands.

Why would that suprise you? Dimmu Borgir isn't even black metal...
31.07.2008 - 09:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 31.07.2008 at 05:21

Voted for Emperor, not so much because I like them (and I really do) but because there's a professor in my college that looks exactly as Ihsahn Not quite rational reasoning, but I'm having a huge hangover and therefore I can be excused And also, the fact that there's no Dimmu borgir among the bands you can vote for did surprise me, but I don't mind, I didn't create this topic so I don't have the right to bash someone just because they don't share my taste in music...at least when it comes to bands.

wow, you're like, only the 1384138978315th person who says that.. they're not on the poll so why even bother?
31.07.2008 - 10:50
Øyvind
Grave Digger

Well, right now now they're something unclassifiable (somewhere between black-effort and crap IMHO), but the first two albums (or three) are black metal... in fact, people who are competent say it's black metal, Dimmu has all the important charateristics to be black metal, and I can't put the band into any other category, therefore, they are black metal. Like I said and explained above, I am surprised, but hell, I'm surprised about loads of things, despite always telling myself that there's nothing that can surprise me anymore. Nothing serious, I voted on the topic, all done without any trouble. And oh, Valentin, take a look at the topic about favourite winter song, there's quite a lot of people that are unhappy about the choice in poll, people are always going to be bothered
----
31.07.2008 - 16:57
Sorg
Account deleted
Written by Øyvind on 31.07.2008 at 10:50

Well, right now now they're something unclassifiable (somewhere between black-effort and crap IMHO), but the first two albums (or three) are black metal... in fact, people who are competent say it's black metal, Dimmu has all the important charateristics to be black metal, and I can't put the band into any other category, therefore, they are black metal. Like I said and explained above, I am surprised, but hell, I'm surprised about loads of things, despite always telling myself that there's nothing that can surprise me anymore. Nothing serious, I voted on the topic, all done without any trouble. And oh, Valentin, take a look at the topic about favourite winter song, there's quite a lot of people that are unhappy about the choice in poll, people are always going to be bothered

Oh definitely, their 2 or 3 first albums were black metal, and Stormblast is their only album worth buying, I think. But I also despise most of what they did, coming in the second half of their career, you could say.
01.08.2008 - 11:55
Øyvind
Grave Digger
@Sorg I agree with you. Most of the recent stuff is far below par, but even there you can find at least one song per album that is good (which is hardly enough to call an album "acceptable")
----
08.08.2008 - 18:15
havoheJ
Account deleted
I choose from the Norwegian Black Metal scene "Emperor" because they´ve made two masterpieces "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" and "In the Nightside Eclipse". Because you have Burzum in the list you almost made me freak out! It´s hard to choose between both!

Greetings havoheJ
21.03.2009 - 00:51
metalhead3

It is hard to vote for any of these bands because they are all great bands,and they have some good and some bad sides in music,but for me some of these bands are the greatest bands in world.Norway have the best black metal bands.I didn't vote
21.03.2009 - 00:59
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
My vote goes to Satyricon, although it's not easy to choose one of that list
21.03.2009 - 03:51
mortjoyeux

AHHHHH
This is hard..it was between Burzum and Darkthrone but I went with Darkthrone.
Fack. Burzum s/t was so good and the more dark ambient shit Varg did with filosofem was A+ but I think Darkthrone wins just because they pushed me deeper into
the depths of black metal and what I listen to now.
Basically every Darkthrone album for me has been too good for life and I like how they incorporate crust/punk aesthetics.
21.03.2009 - 17:27
ForeverDarkWoods

It all stands between Darkthrone, Burzum and Immortal for me. I think I'm gonna go with Darkthrone though. They seem more consistently awesome than the others.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
23.03.2009 - 20:19
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Difficult choice between Emperor and CF, but in the end, I voted for Emperor, mainly because I know more songs from them and because they kinda invented Symphonic BM, which is one of my favorite genres.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
26.03.2009 - 08:11
Voidwalker

Burzum.
Consistently good albums every time.
And for the fact that Burzum is my personal favourite band.
27.03.2009 - 04:44
ToMegaTherion

Norway is an amazing country, especially with its output of Black Metal bands. They not only produce the most Black Metal they also produce the best. Its a tough vote because there are 6 bands on this list that could have made my vote quite happily. But I decided to stick with the tried and true Emperor. Great band, great sound, great music.
29.03.2009 - 17:39
ms68

Emperor. I love their Ix Equilibrium.
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
30.03.2009 - 01:20
Jonnz of Steel

Immortal for me, Blizzard Beasts is just awesome
30.03.2009 - 11:15
RoboMinotaur
Account deleted
Darkthrone. Dont even have to think about it.
30.03.2009 - 21:27
Smurfophagist

DAMN!!! impossible to choose!
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
06.04.2009 - 06:53
DarkMistress

Satyricon, it´s a rather difficult choice but yeah, Satyricon
----
Wait in fire
06.04.2009 - 08:58
Brave

One of the hard polls
19.08.2009 - 01:15
Razorback

I voted for immortal because i really appreciate abbath as musician and person,but emperor is great band too:banger:
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
22.12.2009 - 16:17
JD
Account deleted
Of course Immortal
22.12.2009 - 16:49
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Darkthrone for me
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.12.2009 - 04:37
I_Die_Often

Emperor was my first experience with black metal (which is very limited I must say)
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
28.07.2010 - 18:05
Berfones

This is a very hard choise to make....
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
28.07.2010 - 18:47
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Immortal is probably the only black metal band that i can stand their music, so, since it is my least hated BM band. i'd vote for them
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
28.07.2010 - 19:52
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'm going with Gorgoroth, but Darkthrone is a close second.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
04.08.2010 - 09:05
ferm

For me the vote goes to Mayhem cuz it's always been the one of them I listened to most and the band that kinda invented me to Black Metal. De mysteriis...... really kick donkey ass!!!!!
But it's a hard choise, all of these bands ar really good.
04.09.2010 - 00:01
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
This is just very hilarious lol

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1939798
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.