Metal Storm logo
In Flames

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 09.09.2008 - 13:01
Old thread got a little too big for comfort; here is your new place to talk about all things In Flames.
10.08.2009 - 16:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Valentin B on 10.08.2009 at 15:53

Hell yeah every single song i hear from these guys i love. saw them at WOA and it was awesome, though i was way too tired and cold to enjoy the gig and had to leave, and what better time to do that than during "The Chosen Pessimist"? hahaha. top 5:
5.The Hive
4.Delight and Angers
3.Take This Life
2.Cloud Connected
1.Embody The Invisible

I'm actually surprised someone else besides me likes The Hive. It's a great song to play on guitar too, you should try it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.08.2009 - 16:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BloodTears on 10.08.2009 at 16:04

Hell yeah every single song i hear from these guys i love. saw them at WOA and it was awesome, though i was way too tired and cold to enjoy the gig and had to leave, and what better time to do that than during "The Chosen Pessimist"? hahaha. top 5:
5.The Hive
4.Delight and Angers
3.Take This Life
2.Cloud Connected
1.Embody The Invisible

I'm actually surprised someone else besides me likes The Hive. It's a great song to play on guitar too, you should try it.

ahem... have you noticed the tuning?
10.08.2009 - 16:32
Elio
Red Nightmare
The Hive is one of their best song for sure.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.08.2009 - 16:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Valentin B on 10.08.2009 at 16:12

5.The Hive
4.Delight and Angers
3.Take This Life
2.Cloud Connected
1.Embody The Invisible

What's wrong with it? Two steps down... simple.
----

My Instagram
10.08.2009 - 17:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BloodTears on 10.08.2009 at 16:52

5.The Hive
4.Delight and Angers
3.Take This Life
2.Cloud Connected
1.Embody The Invisible

that will fuck up your tuning when you want to tune back to standard, aaaaand if you forget it like that for like 3-4 days it is possible that it can do permanent damage to your neck given the truss rod's job to hold the neck straight
10.08.2009 - 18:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Valentin B on 10.08.2009 at 17:01

Written by BloodTears on 10.08.2009 at 16:52

5.The Hive
4.Delight and Angers
3.Take This Life
2.Cloud Connected
1.Embody The Invisible

that will fuck up your tuning when you want to tune back to standard, aaaaand if you forget it like that for like 3-4 days it is possible that it can do permanent damage to your neck given the truss rod's job to hold the neck straight

Oh god! I have to get rid of it then. I have one of my guitars on standard tuning and the other one on B tuning which is even lower than that lol
----

My Instagram
15.08.2009 - 00:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
In Flames i trust! fuck, i'm so angry i missed their gig here back in March, they completely delivered. whatever festival they're doing next year, I'M FUCKING THERE BABY!! i missed almost half of their set at Wacken because i was too cold and needed to get my sweater PRONTO and missed the 2 epic last songs, Take This Life(catchier than any Metallica chorus) and My Sweet Shadow.

My Sweet Shadow is the best concert closer one could ever ask for from these guys, yeah i was annoyed by the synth too but now i FUCKIN LOVE IT.
15.08.2009 - 05:27
chrisjoel

I like their most melodic songs like.

Moonshield
Satellites and Astronauts
Ordinary Story
Free Fall
Cloud Connected
16.08.2009 - 21:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I remember when i first played Delight and Angers, i was like HOLY SHIT how can this sound so awesome when everyone bashes it senselessly and beats the "new in flames sucks" dead horse to no end???? i thought, just like with Bullet For My Valentine, that it's gonna be some crappy emo-driven shitfest. instead, just like with BFMV, 'twas love at first sight. metalcore(in BFMV's case) and melodic metal with a solid pair of BALLS (unlike many a poser TR00 black metal band) and some excellent guitar work.
29.08.2009 - 22:00
IllOmenNation

Haven't really enjoyed much IF has put out recently but I'll give the latest album another go sometime. It's not even because of all the bashing, they've just become too formulaic and I've moved on to other bands, really. Used to listen to IF a shitload.
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
11.09.2009 - 09:04
RyanH

Swim!
11.09.2009 - 17:27
MeloDeathViking

Written by RyanH on 11.09.2009 at 09:04

Swim!

Dude, post more than the fucking song title in a comment. If that's all you're gonna post, don't even bother. If you like the song, that's fine, but say what makes it so good atleast.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
11.09.2009 - 23:43
RyanH

Take time to reflect upon the simplicity of a song entitled 'Swim', in comparison with the depth and content of its lyrical theme

Unlock forgotten skills
Travel to a new dimension
Solace from the dark seduction

The sees are deep
You better swim
Don't go numb

As we're heading for the throne
Connect, evolution will begin
12.09.2009 - 00:15
Robstar

I must say Food for the Gods is one of my favorite songs from this band
----
Nothing is unreacheable
22.10.2009 - 05:32
Syncros

In Flames is my favorite band, listened to all of their early albums, liking some of the newer stuff as well.. I think ive listened to pretty much every song they have produced.

1. Borders and Shading (Live we trust): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6QbeKE2_Lk
2. Artifacts of the black rain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCEkuRTW7us
3. Colony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXxN3fuGmaU
4. December Flower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLPXAcAsLgo
5. Clay Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDknB7UpFo

Some others;

Jotun, Satellites and Astronauts, The Hive, Pinball Map, System, Swim, Drenched in Fear, Suburban me, Wafaerer, March to the Shore, Sleepless again.
22.10.2009 - 13:35
GamlaSonn

Jotun is a really fun song and Gothenberg at it's best
Also December Flower is great.
26.10.2009 - 07:16
Kratos

Old In Flames is some great music, but new In Flames is ok but sounds a little bit to screamo for me...but thats my opinion.
31.10.2009 - 03:46
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I used to be a HUGE Clayman fan, that album just kicks ass...obviously the albums before it also but Clayman has some of my fave In Flames songs on there, especially "Pinball Map" and "Satelites and Astronauts".
27.01.2010 - 10:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
It seems to me the song Biosphere from Subterranean has a lot of Iced Earth influence in it.
28.01.2010 - 12:45
Clay_man91

I really like the acoustice piece from the '93 promo, but I wish it was just a little longer. My favourite is definitely The Jester's Dance. Fairly simplistic, but in a good way. Bullet Ride is pretty cool as well. I like the intro most of all, but overall it's a great song.
03.02.2010 - 23:30
Cyroth

In Flames we trust
my first concert was at their...loved it...they're one of my favorite
I like the new and the old...some songs are just boring like "the chosen pessimist"
but fav songs:only for the weak,alias,cloud connected,take this life & everlost,part II
----
04.02.2010 - 23:40
Scourge

First song i've heard was World Of Promises and from that day they are one of the best bands i've heard. favorite albums are Colony and Clayman.
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
13.02.2010 - 09:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Jesper was such an important piece of the band, i hope they can carry on without him.
30.07.2010 - 08:47
Javier_000

For this band the only album i like is Lunar Strain and the EP Subterranean. By far their best creations.. i remember i used to listen these ones and then i checked some of their lastest work and i almost puked, personal taste... nothing to compare with the ones i mention. blame the line up changes i guess

I haven't heard these discs in ages, guess i lost them somewhere , i'll try to listen at them again

btw.. i know there is not a original In Flames member anymore...

Written by Valentin B on 13.02.2010 at 09:03

Jesper was such an important piece of the band, i hope they can carry on without him.

Doubt it...
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
31.07.2010 - 02:19
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by Javier_000 on 30.07.2010 at 08:47

For this band the only album i like is Lunar Strain and the EP Subterranean. By far their best creations.. i remember i used to listen these ones and then i checked some of their lastest work and i almost puked, personal taste... nothing to compare with the ones i mention. blame the line up changes i guess

I haven't heard these discs in ages, guess i lost them somewhere , i'll try to listen at them again

Doubt it...

Lunar Strain and Subterranean are both really good. I wouldn't consider either to be the band's best work. Colony is really a generational album with excellent material from start to finish. I do however like Mikael Stanne much better than Anders Frieden.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
31.07.2010 - 02:26
Javier_000

Written by AtLossForWords on 31.07.2010 at 02:19

Doubt it...

Lunar Strain and Subterranean are both really good. I wouldn't consider either to be the band's best work. Colony is really a generational album with excellent material from start to finish. I do however like Mikael Stanne much better than Anders Frieden.

Oh i forgot about that album. Refresh my butt, after Colony they DO mess up right?
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
01.08.2010 - 08:50
Javier_000

Written by Guest on 31.07.2010 at 02:57

Written by Javier_000 on 31.07.2010 at 02:26

Written by AtLossForWords on 31.07.2010 at 02:19

Doubt it...

Oh i forgot about that album. Refresh my butt, after Colony they DO mess up right?

Nope,after Clayman,they started their new sound in Reroute To Remain.

i guess for some people it kept sounding nice.
----
07.08.2010 - 01:43
F0rang3l

I'd say
1.Pinball Map
2.Crawling Through Knives
3.Only for the Weak
4.Take this life
5.Clayman
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
07.08.2010 - 05:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The first album I heard by In Flames was actually the live album "The Tokyo Showdown". Which I bought on a whim. After hearing that, and falling in love with it, I had to check out more of their stuff. I bought "Clayman" first, then "Whoracle" and "Colony" shortly afterwards, and all are simply great albums. The Gothenburg melodeath sound at it's finest. <3

I thought "Come Clarity" was a mostly awesome album, and a return to form after being underwhelmed by their previous 2 albums. I still havent heard "A Sense Of Purpose" yet though... lol

Written by GamlaSonn on 22.10.2009 at 13:35

"Jotun" is truly an awesome song, and also great fun to play on guitar as well.
11.08.2010 - 19:36
MeloDeathViking

Written by Angelic Storm on 07.08.2010 at 05:08

The first album I heard by In Flames was actually the live album "The Tokyo Showdown". Which I bought on a whim. After hearing that, and falling in love with it, I had to check out more of their stuff. I bought "Clayman" first, then "Whoracle" and "Colony" shortly afterwards, and all are simply great albums. The Gothenburg melodeath sound at it's finest. <3

I thought "Come Clarity" was a mostly awesome album, and a return to form after being underwhelmed by their previous 2 albums. I still havent heard "A Sense Of Purpose" yet though... lol

Written by GamlaSonn on 22.10.2009 at 13:35

"Jotun" is truly an awesome song, and also great fun to play on guitar as well.

I'm glad someone agrees with me about Come Clarity. I think if you like Come Clarity then you will like A Sense of Purpose. You should definitely give it a shot.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott