Verisäkeet
V: Hävitetty
Suden Uni
One of the Demo/EP (specify)

Total votes: 31
09.09.2008 - 16:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
Hey guys! I was wondering what's the best album by this great Folk/Viking metal band.
I have to say that all their works are simply great so the choice is very difficult for me.
I pick "Voimasta ja Kunniasta" because all the songs from that album could easily be my favourite...Tyven/Sankarihauta, Aurinko ja Kuu and that 13 minutes epic monster called Sankaritarina.
Express your choice.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.09.2008 - 16:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I be damnd but I know I sa wsuch tread, maybe in MSv2 but realy I remeber how I vote
Ok for me its hard to choose probobly first one, because I like old one better, even all are good, but ''Tulimyrsky'' EP looks good, wanna hera metallica cover song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.09.2008 - 15:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 10.09.2008 at 08:13

Mine is Viides Luku: Havitetty cause it is the most perfect album ever made, each time I listen to it makes me think to myself there is not one album that has ever been made that is better than this one

I already knew it dude, you say this thing in every thread of the forum!
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.09.2008 - 18:07
Janne
Hugin
Written by Elio on 10.09.2008 at 15:57

Written by Guest on 10.09.2008 at 08:13

Mine is Viides Luku: Havitetty cause it is the most perfect album ever made, each time I listen to it makes me think to myself there is not one album that has ever been made that is better than this one

I already knew it dude, you say this thing in every thread of the forum!

Yeah, I also heard it at least 3 times... I vote Kivenkantaja but I could also choose Voimasta or Suden Uni. these 3 albums are my favourite!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
03.06.2009 - 16:51
Janne
Hugin
Weird.. there were more votes in the new poll than in this one XD
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
03.06.2009 - 19:53
HugeTheConqeror

I voted for Voimasta Ja Kunniasta. Fantastic album, with jsut the right balance between Metal aggression, Folk melody, and epic atmosphere.

Close seconds are Suden Uni, Verisäkeet, and the Tämä Ikuinen Talvi demo.

I met these guys at Pagan Fest, and talked with Ville and Mitja for a couple of albums. Great show. Great band. Great guys.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
03.06.2009 - 22:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Kivenkantaja...Unohduksen Lapsi is their best song and the rest of the album is wonderful too
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.06.2009 - 23:52
Uller

@Elio: Lol!! sorry for my poll, I didnt search for this one, Im sorry dude.

As I say, my vote goes to Verisäkeet, Haaska and Pimeä are for me two of the best folk metal songs ever made
----
04.06.2009 - 00:10
Elio
Red Nightmare
@Janne: lol yeah, this thread was forgotten soon

@HugeTheConqueror: Damn you, man. I'd really want to have a beer with them. What do you mean "talked for a couple of album" though? And where's Kivenkantaja in your liking?

@Uller: ehi man it's ok, don't worry
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.06.2009 - 06:42
wormdrink414

KIVENKANTAJA. First Moonsorrow album I ever listened to and still my favorite.
04.06.2009 - 07:27
Janne
Hugin
...Zum Tode Hin is a great album too!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
04.06.2009 - 09:57
Fhuesc

Written by Janne on 04.06.2009 at 07:27

...Zum Tode Hin is a great album too!

U know that isnt a moonsorrow album right?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
04.06.2009 - 11:25
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
But Finsterforst is also really good
04.06.2009 - 15:11
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ahaha well, Finsterforst is what I consider a Moonsorrow tribute band, that's why Janne said that
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.06.2009 - 16:13
Janne
Hugin
Thanks elio:d of course i was kidding! ( :p smiley) and yeah they are moonsorow tribute but there is nothing bad in that untill they also sound good
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
04.06.2009 - 19:49
HugeTheConqeror

Written by Elio on 04.06.2009 at 00:10

@HugeTheConqueror: Damn you, man. I'd really want to have a beer with them. What do you mean "talked for a couple of album" though? And where's Kivenkantaja in your liking?

I love all of the albums, including Kivenkantaja. It's so hard to pick a favorite, and the margin that separtates them for me is small. I'd say that Kivenkantaja comes after the ones that I mentioned, about a tie with V: Havitetty.

I am desperately trying to find a copy of the Metsa demo. If anyone reads this and knows where I can get a copy, please PM me and let me know.

As far as talking with them for a couple of hours, I suppose I'll finally let the cat out of the bag and let a few folks know that I am collaborating on a book about Folk/Pagan/Viking metal. While Pagan Fest was in my neck of the woods, Ville and Mitja spared a couple of hours to talk with me, and also shared a beer with me before the show. Same with Jonne and Jarkko of Korpiklaani.

I am on the staff at Metal Observer, and this book project is a collaboration bewteen me and the owner of that site. I don't want to reveal too much, but we have spoken with quite a few bands so far, and have others lined up, and all of them have been very enthusiastic supporters.

Moonsorrow in particular were very polite, very thoughtful in their responses, and genuinely interested in supporting what we are doing.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
05.06.2009 - 11:31
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by HugeTheConqeror on 04.06.2009 at 19:49

As far as talking with them for a couple of hours, I suppose I'll finally let the cat out of the bag and let a few folks know that I am collaborating on a book about Folk/Pagan/Viking metal. While Pagan Fest was in my neck of the woods, Ville and Mitja spared a couple of hours to talk with me, and also shared a beer with me before the show. Same with Jonne and Jarkko of Korpiklaani.

I am on the staff at Metal Observer, and this book project is a collaboration bewteen me and the owner of that site. I don't want to reveal too much, but we have spoken with quite a few bands so far, and have others lined up, and all of them have been very enthusiastic supporters.

Moonsorrow in particular were very polite, very thoughtful in their responses, and genuinely interested in supporting what we are doing.

Woah, nice. Good luck man.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.06.2009 - 11:33
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I voted for Voimasta Ja Kunniasta, but it's very difficult to choose the best album out of at least 3-4 masterpieces
12.06.2009 - 10:14
Nostalgiaplatz

Voimasta Ja Kunniasta, for excellent catchy melodies inside of it
05.08.2009 - 01:51
wormdrink414

I would like to change my vote to Verisakeet. I chose Kivenkantaja before I really immersed myself in Moonsorrow, basing my original choice on my initial reaction to Kivenkantaja (which, in a sense, has more "singles"). Despite having only 5 tracks (granted, Kivenkantaja has a mere six) Verisakeet seems to be infinite in its depth and power. I get goose bumps every time I listen to Pimea.
17.09.2009 - 16:55
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
I love Suden Uni, it is very catchy and has special atmosphere for me. Absolute masterpiece!
Voimasta Ja Kunniasta is also fantastic album with great songs.
Kivenkantaja is a bit weaker than the first two but still a great album.
Last two are just good.