Metal Storm logo
Hell's Kitchen (and other food shows!)

27.06.2006 - 03:50
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Has anyone ever seen this on FOX? There's this chef, chef Gordon Ramsay, who runs the kitchen. Two kitchen staffs - one a male staff and the other a female staff - are featured trying to create meals in a short period of time for a bunch of stuffy, upper class socialite types who bitch all the time while they're there about how the food isn't served fast enough, which is probably true because a lot of the staff they have certainly aren't good prep cook people. That's not the problem though. I mean, everyone is human and while under that soft of stress, you're going to screw up right? I personally think this show as well as a lot of other situational reality shows involving careers and jobs are simply degrading. You have to have absolutly no pride and be as passive as possible when dealing with an asshole like Gordon Ramsay. The guy should be shot in my opinion...

Thoughts?

(Bitter edit - added "Other cooking shows" to the title so they can all be discussed easily in one thread. )
27.06.2006 - 05:14
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I've seen a couple of episodes. Gordon Ramsay is a true cunt, but I find the show enjoyable. It's fast paced and helps people see what some restaurant kitchens are really like.

On a side note; isn't Gordon Ramsay one of the guest chefs on the English version of Ready, Steady, Cook?
----
21.12.2010 - 20:42
JD
Account deleted
I don't know why but i used to like this show 3 years ago, i watched one season.
23.12.2010 - 05:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I watch it from time to time, same with "tabatha's salon takeover"... i find uppity fake-blond brits and aussies screaming at people very entertaining.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.02.2012 - 20:30
MickeyDeez79

Hell's Kitchen is one of my most favorite shows! I have seen every single episode at least once. I enjoy watching Chef Ramsay scream and swear and I enjoy watching the contestants argue, unless they get to whiny IMO. I cannot wait for Season 10
\m/ >_< \m/
20.03.2012 - 16:20
3rdWorld
China was a neat
That guy seems like a control freak and perfectionist. Or atleast that's how he's portraying himself there. The discussions and bitchings are entertaining, but the dishes are meh... Top Chef, Nigella Bites, Glutton for punishment are all better imo.
24.04.2012 - 18:53
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Anyone watch Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares USA? Absolutely hilarious some of the people on there!
24.04.2012 - 19:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Nah, all I can say is that I love Gordon Ramsay and everything he does. Me and my friend have a man crush on him. Last summer we watched like everything he's ever done on TV.
----
26.04.2012 - 23:42
InnerSelf
proofread free
Master Chef Australia ftw ! although I like this show a lot but I found Master Chef to be more varied and a bit more exiting (oh god I love Food shows )
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
28.04.2012 - 22:37
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2012 at 23:42

Master Chef

Yes. Master Chef is an absolutely great show. Over in UK we have 'Saturday Kitchen' which is a fantastic live cooking show where it shows clips of it in. Too bad i can't get up early enough on a saturday to watch it .
14.06.2012 - 15:53
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I watched season 9 completely and i loved it..........
Currently downloading remaining seasons
16.06.2012 - 21:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Master Chef trumps Hell's Kitchen because of the variety. Hell's Kitchen is essentially the same show over and again. Master Chef is more of a cooking show rather than a "screaming at people in a kitchen" show.

Around The World In 80 Plates is pretty cool as it adds an "Amazing Race" aspect to a cooking show, showcasing various cities with the chefs scurrying around doing a task then cooking local cuisine.

Top Chef (not a GR deal) is still my favorite food show.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.07.2012 - 23:05
Mad Arab666

Anyone watch man vs food. That's a pretty crazy show.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
29.07.2012 - 23:46
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Mad Arab666 on 29.07.2012 at 23:05

Anyone watch man vs food. That's a pretty crazy show.

Now that's an awesome food show, the dude is funny and the places he visits look great.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
29.07.2012 - 23:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
I have a huge interest in food shows overall, not just Gordon Ramsay. I watch like every cooking show there is on (swedish) tv. Masterchef - wether it's Australia, UK, USA, Sweden - is my favourite of all the shows.
I can't cook at all and I think it's the most boring thing to do in the entire world. Vacuuming, doing laundry, doing the dishes, scrubbing the toilet, everything's fine as long as I don't have to cook. Which is also kinda weird since my mom is a chef and I've grown up with some fine dining during moments of my life (depending on where mom where in her life).
My point is that I think that's the reason why I love food shows. I'm so fascinated and impressed by people who can cook and are so passionate about it.
----