Metal Storm logo
Steve Von Till - solo project from Neurosis singer

27.06.2006 - 03:59
Nathan Lurker
I would like to recomment to any fan of accoustic music to check out this album from solo artist Steve Von Till ( singer in Neurosis ).

If I Should Fall to the Field :

This album is a slow paced melancholic trip through fields of rich atmospheres. Steve Von Till has one of thoses voice than can warm your soul. As you can expect, there's influences from the post rock genre (obviously, coming from a member of Neurosis ) but we can also sense Blues in Steve's vocal melodies. There's also a part of american folk sound in there. All around in an atmospheric melancholy.

It is not a rollercoaster type of album, it stays moody all the while, wich makes it enjoyable if you want to keep a mood from the beginning to the end. It's still not redundant, but quite calm.

I'd recommend listening to the song Breathe, This River and Running Dry
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!
15.07.2006 - 11:23
eleftheria
Account deleted
Steve Von Till is one of my favourite artists. This album is just awesome. You can "sense Blues in Steve's vocal melodies" as you said, a sence which is not in any of Neurosis' albums. Your description was very nice, what else could I say?

Calm atmosphere, Steve's warm and somewhat harsh vocals, vivid but not in hurry, this album is like it want to tell us a story...

My favourite song is 'This River' btw.
15.07.2006 - 18:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I listened to it a while back and it was very good. It has a very nice vibe to it. Very emotional. Good stuff.
----
The force will be with you, always.