Metal Storm logo
Lhc (large hadrons collider) it's safe?!

11.09.2008 - 03:45
nehrodwarf
  Today starts the activitie of LHC (large hadrons collider). This machine, will try to remake, in shorter proportions a bigbang phenomenal, the main target of this stuff, it's find an answer for the "secrets" of our universe, and understand the begins of creation.
  The worry it's. Is this big machine is safe?! some peoples are afraid about of creation of a new blackhole inside the earth and "pull" great part of this world inside them. The scientists said that's safe. At moment the machine are getting hadrons, just on 2009 / 2010, this really will the big bang.
  Ok folks, what is your opinion about LHC?! it's safe, or we must be scare about this. GO UP!
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
11.09.2008 - 04:50
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Of course it's safe, you ninny.
11.09.2008 - 04:55
thesabbathfan
it was already turned on. and since we're still here, it's safe.
----
11.09.2008 - 05:10
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I can't wait to see the results: good or bad. If it works: amazing discoveries will be bestowed upon the furtherance of mankind. If it doesn't: at least we can die in an awesome way! I've always wanted to get get sucked all the way to Switzerland
11.09.2008 - 13:35
Eternal Flames
Written by thesabbathfan on 11.09.2008 at 04:55

It's been turned on but they haven't actually started colliding protons. So far, the scientists have only sent beams of particles through the tunnel. It's the collision of the particles that is expected to carry risks such as creating micro black holes (which would probably be too small anyway to do any damage other than destroy themselves or decay).

Needless to say, it'll be interesting to see the results. May be a huge step for science.
11.09.2008 - 14:35
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
The odds are 15 billion to one that a black hole will be created but this machine may help us understand the origins of the universe. It's an incomprehensibly high number. There's also an extremly minute chance that every randomly moving oxygen molecule in the air will suddenly move to the other side of the room and you'll suffocate. Let's not worry about these things.

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=10737

People place bets on world ending.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
11.09.2008 - 16:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
hahahahah....

ok seriously now...

it's safe.

Written by -tom- on 11.09.2008 at 14:35

People place bets on world ending.

and if you win the bet? what then?
11.09.2008 - 16:51
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by thesabbathfan on 11.09.2008 at 04:55

That was exactly what I was going to say.

Anyway I read an interview with a Danish scientist who participates in this and he said that even if a black hole was created it would be too small to do any damage. It would simply have to little mass to attract anything and simply rip itself apart.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.09.2008 - 17:00
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I am a Physics student myself and I guarantee you that the LHC is completely safe. What's being done there is the same that has been done for many years, only with greater energies. One of the motivations of this project is to find the Higgs boson. Nevertheless, even if we humans had the power to create small black holes, they would disappear instantly due to Hawking radiation. A black hole is not what you know from Futurama and Star Trek! It is not a tiny black point placed somewhere in space that sucks everything in its surroundings like Paris Hilton! A black hole is more an anomaly in the structure of spacetime (which DOES radiate and lose energy, this is what we know as Hawking radiation) than a massive cockroach crap sized object. Anyway, it's ok to scare hot females telling them that the end of the world is starting in Switzerland and that you don't want to die a virgin, right?
11.09.2008 - 17:28
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Taktsekte on 11.09.2008 at 17:00

It is not a tiny black point placed somewhere in space that sucks everything in its surroundings like Paris Hilton! Anyway, it's ok to scare hot females telling them that the end of the world is starting in Switzerland and that you don't want to die a virgin, right?

Haha you are a genius...
11.09.2008 - 22:57
nehrodwarf
but...
if this machine create an hole?!
inside this hole has another dimension?!

I don't know, but the idea of taktsekte was too great hue hue hue
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

12.09.2008 - 01:00
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by nehrodwarf on 11.09.2008 at 22:57

but...
if this machine create an hole?!
inside this hole has another dimension?!

I don't know, but the idea of taktsekte was too great hue hue hue

If that does happen, you better get your shot gun, because if there are dimensions other than our own, then it means that the Zerg are out there somewhere.
12.09.2008 - 02:10
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 12.09.2008 at 01:00

If that does happen, you better get your shot gun, because if there are dimensions other than our own, then it means that the Zerg are out there somewhere.

----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.09.2008 - 05:23
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
man i swear to moses if i get sucked into another dimension or some shit like that im gonna. be realllllllllllly pissed lol but that would be kinda kool in a way i quess
12.09.2008 - 06:21
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I think I've talked to 20 people about this and out of those about 2 knew what I was talking about... it would be funny if something so unknown ended up wiping out the population. Especially when compared to something more widespread like a meteor...
12.09.2008 - 06:39
Hrothdane
Wouldn't it be weird if you got sucked into another dimension and it turned out to be Avantasia or Algalord? I would laugh so hard lol
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
13.09.2008 - 01:50
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 12.09.2008 at 06:21

I think I've talked to 20 people about this and out of those about 2 knew what I was talking about...

That's America for ya.
13.09.2008 - 02:07
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Guest on 13.09.2008 at 01:50

I think I've talked to 20 people about this and out of those about 2 knew what I was talking about...

That's America for ya.

Yeah, or maybe it's that this isn't of any real importance to everyday life for the vast majority of people, American or not.

I mean.... Fuck Americans!
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
13.09.2008 - 02:52
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 13.09.2008 at 02:07

Written by Guest on 13.09.2008 at 01:50

That's America for ya.

Yeah, or maybe it's that this isn't of any real importance to everyday life for the vast majority of people, American or not.

I mean.... Fuck Americans!

Oh, you silly European! I still love you anyway.
13.09.2008 - 05:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha cool...I'm not the only one

I saw "large hardon" and I was like "OH SHIT GOTTA CLICK THAT NOW"
15.09.2008 - 00:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hrothdane on 12.09.2008 at 06:39

Wouldn't it be weird if you got sucked into another dimension and it turned out to be Avantasia or Algalord? I would laugh so hard lol

hahahahahah, Algalord or even Middle Earth would rule LMAO. i would totally change the story of LOTR lol
15.09.2008 - 10:45
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
This is gradually becoming a mod-ownable thread, do we all realize it? (How long until the first LHC-related motivational poster appears here? 3, 2, 1...)
18.09.2008 - 16:01
Nexus
Asshat
My Science teacher attempted to rap about it. It was extremely hilarious, but incredibly traumatizing as well. And as my same great Science teacher said about whether or not it would kill us all: 'Well, we're not dead yet. So who cares?!'

Can't say I help but agree with him. Although I don't agree with the fact that a small group of people are taking such a huge risk without the 'permission' (if you will) of the rest of the world. Still, it can be very advantageous to us if this succeeds.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
21.09.2008 - 00:07
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
This explains what it is all about http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
21.09.2008 - 00:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Nexus on 18.09.2008 at 16:01

My Science teacher attempted to rap about it. It was extremely hilarious, but incredibly traumatizing as well. And as my same great Science teacher said about whether or not it would kill us all: 'Well, we're not dead yet. So who cares?!'

Can't say I help but agree with him. Although I don't agree with the fact that a small group of people are taking such a huge risk without the 'permission' (if you will) of the rest of the world. Still, it can be very advantageous to us if this succeeds.

sorry for the offtopic, but that thing with your teacher reminded me of this
21.09.2008 - 02:00
nehrodwarf
would us will transported to another dimension?!
will the LKHC a time machine?!

ahahahahahahahaha
----

30.09.2008 - 23:45
necrovamp
whats actully going to happen is this.
there will be a huge black hole and we'll all get sucked into it.

then in the blackness a huge sign will flash 'you have now completed level 1. this is level 2'
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
01.10.2008 - 19:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 13.09.2008 at 05:00

I saw "large hardon" and I was like "OH SHIT GOTTA CLICK THAT NOW"

Hahaha, yeah, I gotta admit I was slightly disappointed when I found out what this thread ACTUALLY is.

Anyways, am I the only one whose hoping this has catastrophic results? I need an excuse to tell my mom why I haven't applied for college yet and the "world is ending anyways" excuse would be bulletproof. That, and it would be very exciting I think.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.10.2008 - 20:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 01.10.2008 at 20:15

Written by Doc G. on 01.10.2008 at 19:06

That, and it would be very exciting I think.

I'm totally with you on that. Though the odds are against the world ending as a result of that awesome science machine, I do look forward to a few other likely "end of the world" scenarios. Very exciting.

Yeah, part of me is almost disappointed that the odds of anything catastrophic happening is very thin. If not catastrophic it would at least be sweet to see some massive alteration of the world happen.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.10.2008 - 21:01
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Doc G. on 01.10.2008 at 19:06

Anyways, am I the only one whose hoping this has catastrophic results? I need an excuse to tell my mom why I haven't applied for college yet and the "world is ending anyways" excuse would be bulletproof. That, and it would be very exciting I think.

lol sorry to disappoint you man but you've gotta look for another excuse Cus as others stated the possibility of a catastrophy as a result of that research is even less than the possiblity of.....uhmmm.....Bin Ladan headbangignd in a Deicide show, with his turban of course.
i really like to be sucked into a black hole... but unfortunately if a black hole is ever created it's gonna disapprear immediately without causing any damage.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face