Metal Storm logo
Mental Disorder

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 27.06.2006 - 06:02
mods, please move this to the serious discussion side, thanks.

okey, so what do you guys think of mental disorders. do they actually exist as a disease, or corruption of DNA, or does a person's mind create it? i'll list a few mental disorders, and what are a few illnesses in those disorders:

Anxiety Disorder:
-Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)
- Phobia
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder(OCD)

Mood Disorder:
-Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder

Eatting Disorder:
- Buliemia(sp)
-Anorexia Neurvosa(sp)

Personality Disorder:
-Multiple Personality Disorder

Mind Disorder:(can be linked with Mood, and Personality disorder)
-Psychopaths
-Alzhimers'

Schizophrenia

now, i know some of those illness i listed above, its nature. what i mean by that is if you take the brain of a person who has alzhimers' diease, you will see they lack a certain type of protien in their brain that is needed to transfer signals to the certian type of body part. but then again, it isnt natural, since only about 3.5 million people in the US have it.

but some are based on Nurture. what i mean by nurture is that it was taught to you as a kid, or as you were growing up by eithe ryour parents, of your surroundings. for example, eatting disorder, which targets females, more than males in north america(and some european countires) yet did you know that there were just about 10 cases of eatting disorder recorded in Africa? we have millions of people going to the doctors and stuff becuase of eatting disorders in north america, yet eatting disorder doesnt exist in africa. it doesnt have anything to do with color, or race, beucase african americans/canadians in north america also get eatting disorder. Phobia is another illness that is nurture bassed. for example, the most common phobia is the fear of spiders, or fear of being in close and narrow places. why? it prolly has soemthing to d with a persons childhood. maybe they had some incident occur with phobia. maybe since they didnt like spiders, they started avoiding them at all cost, to the point where it became a serious phobia.

Personality disorder is a disorder that is very, very, VERY rare. this is what shows like OPRAH(i gotta kill her one of these days. she pisses me off) bring up every now and then. like the other day, oprah brought up this lady who supposedly has around 110 different personalities, and each one has different names, and each one comes and goes. sciencts dont know if this is an actual diseas because it is very rare. not much is none about it. actually, nothing is known about it. on top of that, this is a rather recent disorder that has been picked up by psychologists over the last 50 or 60 years. meaning before that, people either didnt see anything wrong with this, or thought that the person was perfectly fine, and this dieases didnt come into existence until recently.

for those who dont know what psychopaths are, psychopaths may be associated with Paul Brenardo(canada's most natorious killer), Hitler, charles manson. it may be true, that these serious killers are psychopaths, but it may also not be true. psychopaths lack the ability to empathize with their surroundings. they are seriously apathetic. if you look at the mind of a psychopath, you will see that one of the pieces of the brain actually fail to funtion. i forgot the name of it, but you need that lil piece to feel emotions. psychopaths dont feel emotions. this is what makes, or can make psychopaths seriously dangerous. if they cant empathize with their surroundings, then they feel nothing wrong with whatever they are doing. forexample, stealing from a bank, killing someone, and then butchering them, or raping tons of people, or any thing else. and something like 55% of all criminals are actually psychopaths.(or was it 33?) and are not allowed to wander on the streets, even after rehab.they can also be a threat to not only their surroundings, but to themselves. yet at the same time, psychopaths can go wander around society without cops being able to pick em out is becuase some of them are perfectly fine, or act perfectly normal. actually, most of psychopaths can be really charming, charismatic, amazingly moving people that can lie, and make anyone believe in absolutly anything. they may give out tons of compliments not to suck up to anyone, but just becuase they are like that. they may be lying. dont know. and these are some characteristics you can see in hitler. if you watch him speak, read his translations, see him move, you would actually be drawn into him. this may make him a psychopath, we do not know. we do know that he actually knew what he was doing. as in he knew that he was killing jews/gays/gipsies etc. and he also knew how to do it. he knew the consiquences, and he was actaully well prepared for this. so that is what seperates him from psychopaths. psychopaths do not know from right from wrong.

Schizophrenia is a rather common disease that mainly occurs among caulkasian people. it can occur among other people, but its not that common. and stats in canada(for those who dont know, is a massive chunk of land above america ) show that about 1 in every 100 people will develop schizophrenia. schizophrenia, i believe is nature based. reason being, you can not teach a child about how a tabel can talk, or trees can actually fly, or how the actual color of people is not in the shades of brown/pink/peace/red, but blue, or purple. schizophrenia is common among homeless people, but that is the reason why most of them choose to live on the streets. some of them might believe that those shelters that are out there to help the homeless grab all the homeless people, chop them up, and use them as peparoni on pizzas(sorry pep lovers), and others may beleive that aliens are actaully out there to probe them, or the CIA is out there to get them.

PLEASE DO NOT SAY THAT people with mental disorders are just stupid, and fucked up in the head!!!! these people are not stupid. they may make some stuff up, but that doesnt mean they are stupid

so, what are your views on this? i'm sure you know a person, or two with one of these mental illnesses. and what do you think they are? are they nature, or nurture based? are they in your genetics? or are you taught to have them? or a better question is, do you learn how to be mentally ill? and also, discuss freuds theories, and jung, horney's, and other peoples theories.
04.12.2006 - 08:30
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...the brain is just another part of our body, right??
...and like any other part of the body it gets ill...
...mental disorders are very interesting and id say some of them are terribly difficult to diagnose and treat...
...they have been some of the most difficult stories i've been involved with...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
14.12.2006 - 20:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I find mental disorders quite fascinating. psychology is fascinating. Its something im very interested in. Its a very difficult and delicate subject, afterall we are talking about people's lives but i cant help but find it interesting. I read several books about mental disorders, I have a friend that graduated in Psychology and she helps me to understand that. It interests me and scares me at the same time.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.01.2013 - 18:22
FOOCK Nam

Yoooo guys, currently I'm doing project about mental illness. Before going to the main point I would describe my side first...

Mental illness is stigmata in Vietnam, China, South Korea, could be Japan too... here how they treat people with this illness:
_ in Vietnam: they treat mental ppl like animal with a lot of despising and scornfulness, hating, if you are mental one in Vietnam then truly your are doomed... (Fuck communists...)
_ in China: they treat mental ppl even worse, a lot of despising, disgusting, hating,... if you are mental one in China you never have a life...
Fuck China and Vietnam and communists...
_ in South Korea: no you cant escape the tragedy of life, ppl there are dumb with bias too...
_ in Japan: not good better hide yourself...

So to sum up, Vietnam and China are cruel, South Korea to some level too, Japan is better at with infrastructure, but still uneasy...

Due to my project I have gain reality in associate with some America organization:
- in US: still something uneasy, but ppl interact more open, respectful, and careing-in-service at the institution/mental care-infrastructure/etc... sure there can be less bias: in America..
A lot of soldiers has Post Traumatic Disorder
A lot of famous celebs having it example 1
A lot of famous ppl having it example 2

... I think generally mental disorder illness in USA has becoming a common thing, if not regarding of different individual, to the community it is something less stressful, as the mental ppl will be safe in their institution, when in life for work/study, they still feel safe but because of the individualism and privacy-respect culture. So in America, it still no much problems, mental ones can survive there. (or any American can share or change my project conclusion..)

Same to some modern like Canada, as refered to Troy said 1 of every 4 there has still not much bias about, also we have another mental illness thread ( I would post this on for my project too)

As stating above those countries in Asia which treating mental ppl bad are linked to low human rights and even life standard quality... (Fuck them all, I said), ; D

What about your country and share your perception of your place's bias/culture about this, do you think mental ppl can be safe in your/or somewhere over the world if you know.. ?