Users visited: 427  
Search this topic:  
Which one is better? (be objective)

Rust In Peace181
Master Of Puppets148

Total votes: 330

The original post

Posted by K†ulu on 13.09.2008 at 23:40
Well, here is the deal. Master Of Puppets has always been my no. 1 all-time album, but after I had discovered Rust In Peace something changed. Especially now I find myself hopelessly hooked to this album. It's just amazing.

Well, both albums are classics and maybe even flawless masterpieces. One has an ingenious "Master Of Puppets," the other a decent match of "Holy Wars." One has a classic of an instrumental, the other has the number, quality, and beauty of solos that one other album I have ever heard has. Well, there is kind of a tie situation here, but... right now I feel like voting for Rust In Peace; I do think it's better, and so be it. My vote goes to Rust In Peace.

This is a pretty light poll, so no massive discussions are needed as this is a rather subjective matter. If you have something to say though, please do, e.g. favorite moments, solos, lyrics, riffs or maybe drawbacks if you find any... I just want to see who will win in such a battle.

But please, I freaking beg you on my knees, don't post anything like "Megadeth rules" or "Metallica suxx." And don't vote for a particular album just because one of these bands is your favorite.

Page 6 of 6

Misfit74

28.10.2011 at 21:03
Seriously? This is no contest for me: Master Of Puppets.
----

My Music on RYM
Last.fm
Aristarchos

20.12.2011 at 21:28
I don't see why Rust in peace is so popular, it only has some great guitar playing, but no interesting song melodies.
AndrewLyngwa

26.12.2011 at 08:34
Indeed, Rust In Peace is better, not only because of Holy Wars, but many other legendary hits like "Hangar 18", "Poison Was The Cure", "Five Magics", etc. This album brought me into the thrash metal genre.
Infernal Eternal

01.01.2012 at 17:14
Rust in peace of course . Metallica are overrated
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Thrash del Sur

19.01.2012 at 22:20
This is not a fair contest in my opinon. Cause 1986 was the year of the big 4 greatest albums I would compare Peace Sells... with MOP...and I would say Peace Sells is better.
Lit.
Brütal Legend

19.01.2012 at 23:36
No comparison: Rust In Peace. Better songwriting, better guitar playing. Hell, I'd even say better vocals.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
BitterCOld
OldBitterGringo

20.01.2012 at 00:07
Written by Aristarchos on 20.12.2011 at 21:28

I don't see why Rust in peace is so popular, it only has some great guitar playing, but no interesting song melodies.

megadave was in metallica. megadave got kicked out of metallica. metallica sold out ... megadeth sold out. metallica was better at selling out than megadeth was. megadeth went back to producing boring versions of the edgy thrash they used to. metallica kept selling millions of units.

ergo metallica is hated in retrospect and people find reasons to say nice things about fucking Risk simply because it's not metallica.

rust in peace is good enough, but lacks the balls of dave's earlier work...

;it was Master without a second thought for me. that album was muy importante then and still sounds great now, even after music has continued in harsher directions that have left both Megadeth and Metallica's tunes stuff you now hear on classic rock stations.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Oaken
Hipster

05.02.2012 at 23:43
Musically, I think that Rust In Peace wins because of the gigantic amount of skill, musicianship and technicality put into it.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
@gent_-_orange

05.02.2012 at 23:46
Written by Oaken on 05.02.2012 at 23:43

Musically, I think that Rust In Peace wins because of the gigantic amount of skill, musicianship and technicality put into it.

Master of Puppets wins for me, Because it has something way more important than all of those things, Better songwriting.
----
Alone he sits, A vanquished Lord upon an oaken throne, presiding o'er this conflict that chills him to the bone, for each tarnished blade that festers is a thorn thrust in his side and his pain alone bears witness to the folly of mankind.
Oaken
Hipster

05.02.2012 at 23:49
Written by @gent_-_orange on 05.02.2012 at 23:46

Written by Oaken on 05.02.2012 at 23:43

Master of Puppets wins for me, Because it has something way more important than all of those things, Better songwriting.

I disagree. Besides, Dave has les better vocals.
----
@gent_-_orange

05.02.2012 at 23:54
Written by Oaken on 05.02.2012 at 23:49

I actually think Dave's vocals are nowhere near as good as James' vocals and personally speaking I have never enjoyed a full Megadeth album, Yeah sure Megadeth are good musicians n all but they are incredibly boring to my ears.
----
Alone he sits, A vanquished Lord upon an oaken throne, presiding o'er this conflict that chills him to the bone, for each tarnished blade that festers is a thorn thrust in his side and his pain alone bears witness to the folly of mankind.
Oaken
Hipster

05.02.2012 at 23:56
Written by @gent_-_orange on 05.02.2012 at 23:54

Written by Oaken on 05.02.2012 at 23:49

I actually think Dave's vocals are nowhere near as good as James' vocals and personally speaking I have never enjoyed a full Megadeth album, Yeah sure Megadeth are good musicians n all but they are incredibly boring to my ears.

It's true that James puts more emotion, but I find Dave's vocals, especially on Tornado Of Souls, superior.
----
Truemetaljope

06.02.2012 at 15:36
RiP.
----
The guitar is my sword, I'll fight 'til I die /../
slinx

06.02.2012 at 20:21
Saw this and played the albums back to back with Master Of Puppets starting, both in order and in preference.

Did the numbers by the what I hated by each band:

Metallica
-Overlong songs (i don't listen to metal to fall asleep)
-A couple fillers
-Annoying drums
-only 3 songs I would keep on my zune

MegaDeth
-that thing at 2:15 of holy wars, totally kills the song for me
-hate the vocals more than i hate hetfield's vocals
-a couple songs i could do without
-the bass seems more prominent the further you go in the album

gotta go with Rust In Peace on this one
----
You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.
Slayerus23
Account deleted
  07.02.2012 at 15:10
Rust In Peace with no doubt, since Master Of Puppets isn't that good for me. Actually there is one song I completely hate on MoP: The Thing That Should Not Be..or maybe The Song That Shouldn't Exist.

Both Ride The Lightning and And Justice For All are masterpieces of the heavy/thrash, and right after there is Rust In Peace.
Likked

13.02.2012 at 14:19
RIP easily.
Master of Puppets is good, but it didn't blow me away the first time like Rust in Peace did.
I think Ride the Lightning or AJFA would be a better match against RIP.

MOP song ratings (imo):
Great: Battery, Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, Damage Inc [4]
Good: Orion, Leper Messiah, Disposable Heroes [3]
Boring: The Thing That Should Not Be [1]

RIP song ratings (imo):
Great: Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Five Magics, Lucretia, Dawn Patrol, Tornado of Souls [6]
Good: Take No Prisoners, Rust in Peace Polaris, Poison Was The Cure [3]
Dentura
Shadow King

07.12.2012 at 03:42
I vote for Master of Puppets. Great production, aggressive vocals, tight songwriting, and epic songs like the title track and Orion that take advantage of atmosphere throughout their duration.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
LordHypnos

12.01.2013 at 16:38
Master Of Puppets, definetly. Mustaine's voice in Rust In Peace gets annoying sometimes.
SILVER-TMZ

03.02.2013 at 02:22
RUST IN PEACE
Guib

12.02.2013 at 01:30
Written by Lit. on 19.01.2012 at 23:36

No comparison: Rust In Peace. Better songwriting, better guitar playing. Hell, I'd even say better vocals.

why ''Hell, I'd even say better vocals'' Don't be shy, They're clearly better, its not the voice itself that matters for me and for most, really
its the emotion and the performance given. The voice itself usually comes second especially in Thrash Metal.
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Metal_Elle

28.03.2013 at 14:01
RUST IN PEACE rules !
Edible Autopsy

17.04.2013 at 14:50
Master of Puppets.

Both are great, but if it wasn't for MoP I wouldn't be into metal nowadays.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Login or register to post here.