Metal Storm logo
Power metal's finest

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 08:22
I put JP in this list because i consider their post painkiller era power metal. And Ms dosnt class IE as Power either, but i think IE could easily be classed as Power/Thrash at times. Anyway cast your vote for the gods of power metal.

Its a very hard decision, but i will vote for Nightwish, the early era was fantastic, though the same cant be said for recent times.

Poll

which is your favorite?

Blind Guardian
Sonata Actrica
Kamelot
Nightwish
Helloween
Iced Earth
Stratovarius
Judas Priest (1990-2005)
Manowar

Total votes: 221
15.02.2008 - 22:51
Stigma
Account deleted
I'll go for Nightwish for these candidates. It just sounds the best.
18.02.2008 - 21:04
Imraghil

Written by Guest on 15.02.2008 at 22:51

I'll go for Nightwish for these candidates. It just sounds the best.

I liked nightwish with Tarja, with the new singer I don't like it so much as with Tarja. The new singer has an great voice though. I go for Kamelot, the most important and best power-metal band this moment.
19.10.2008 - 17:23
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Sonata Actrica for me i just love thier music!!! manwar shouldnt be on this list:maniac:
19.10.2008 - 17:42
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I have seen this thread before and I always wondered why Rhapsody wasn't here. It's just ridiculous. Instead you have Manowar. Gosh!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
19.10.2008 - 17:54
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'll vote for Kamelot for their unique style and musicianship. And of course.. one of my favourite bands.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
20.10.2008 - 02:17
Hrothdane

As much as I love all the bands on this list, Blind Guardian will always be my number 1! Hansi is my favorite vocalist ever and I love all their albums. Kamelot is a close 2nd though, which makes sense since they are the 2 bands that got me into metal in the first place
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
20.10.2008 - 02:45
Gigginova
Account deleted
Judas priest were never power metal though......haha
22.10.2008 - 18:07
Yossarian

Hi all,

I vote for Helloween, though I can not consider some of them as Power metal. I think the same about some other bands in the list.
If Judas are power metal, then What is Heavy Metal?. However, your reasons for including them here give food for thought, since from Painkiller on they have been more powerful than "metalful". All right, jokes apart, I have always consider Nightwish and even Helloween as simply heavy metal bands. And Manowar...well they are "powerful" again but they are simply....Manowar.

Taking into account the other bands on the list that I consider as Power Metal, my vote would go for Blind Guardian, then Iced Earth.
22.10.2008 - 18:19
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Wheere is Angra and Symphony X omg they are the best of the best

from the list i choose Blind Guardian , they are so talented and constant
----
Stay Metal !!!
22.10.2008 - 19:11
Scottgun

Kamelot--Go U.S. Power Metal!
----

Whenever a musician is interested in self-expression you know it's gonna suck--Robert Fripp
31.03.2009 - 00:29
Wyrd

Blind Guardian is clearly the winner.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
31.03.2009 - 20:09
Janne
Hugin
I didn't need to think, I read the list and I voted for Sonata Arctica.
Btw I could make a much stronger list..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
31.03.2009 - 21:22
BattleHamster

Blind Guardian by far. After that, probably Helloween (before Kai left) or Gamma Ray, if they were on the list. Or Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards.

I agree that this poll has some genre issues, but, really, what polls don't?
01.04.2009 - 23:44
BuzzPhil

Sonata Arctica, i'm big fan of SA so I voted for them with no hesitation. But I agree that there some groups that deserve to be here...
07.07.2011 - 01:56
Metal_4Ever

Kamelot of course
they are best power metal band i'd ever seen especially they have some of symphonic
and Roy Khan was great he has a nice voice and he can sing for an epic song a ballad song...
10.07.2011 - 17:37
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.10.2008 at 02:45

Judas priest were never power metal though......haha

Yeah they never were. They were Speed Metal at some point but...POWER METAL?? Strange...
To be honest, I even think Maiden fits the whole power metal concept a million times more than Priest.
16.07.2011 - 00:17
Berserk

This is too hard to choose from... I'l just say everything except Kamelot and Iced Earth. Sorry Kamelot and Iced earth fans

I suppose i'll vote for Stratovarius
----
Fear the Old Blood