Metal Storm logo
Anata

19.09.2008 - 19:13
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Anata are a technical death metal outfit hailing from Sweden. I don't think this band is due the attention they deserve, they seem a tad underrated for the quality music that they play. The great thing about Anata is that yes, they are technical but they keep that to one aspect of their sound as they also concentrate on great, mind numbing melodies and uncompromising riffs. Overall the songwriting is great, thoughts on the band ?
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
19.09.2008 - 20:43
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Yep, really like Anata, they have quite a distinctive sound. Have only heard 'The Conductor's Departure' however but you're right in that they emphasise songwriting rather than out and out technicality. Highly recommended.
20.09.2008 - 01:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I still need to check out their older stuff. Conductor's Departure is an album that I had to play a few times before it grew on me, and eventually it stuck. But sometime last year I checked out a song from their older album and it was way more brutal than the new - it was actually death metal!!

I'm still looking forward to what they come up with next.
20.09.2008 - 20:08
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Dangerboner on 20.09.2008 at 01:19

I still need to check out their older stuff. Conductor's Departure is an album that I had to play a few times before it grew on me, and eventually it stuck. But sometime last year I checked out a song from their older album and it was way more brutal than the new - it was actually death metal!!

I'm still looking forward to what they come up with next.

Yeah their older stuff is more 'raw' or perhaps heavier. You should get Dreams of Death and Dismay that's a great album.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
28.09.2008 - 19:07
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well what do you guys think about

Under a Stone with no inscription ?

I think the great moment of this album is Mainly Entropy Within
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.02.2009 - 10:31
RockeRoy

I just got all their albums, i realy like what i hear, but what album should i start with? any recomandations? your favorit albums?
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
05.02.2009 - 16:47
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by RockeRoy on 05.02.2009 at 10:31

I just got all their albums, i realy like what i hear, but what album should i start with? any recomandations? your favorit albums?

The Conductor's Departure is easiest to get into, but Under A Stone With No Description is the best.

That said, they're all very good albums in their own right.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
07.02.2009 - 19:23
Guib
Thrash Talker
Yeah Start with Conductor's Departure you'll proly like Better Grieved Than Fooled .. which is my favorite on the album
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.06.2009 - 21:01
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
What about that outstanding guitar melody on 'Downward Spiral Into Madness' ..wow what a song in itself. I think they're using atonal harmonies. I've always thought that Anata (songwriter is Schalin for the most part i think) had a gift for unique melodies. Whether they be eerie and provoking or just plain out moving. Can't wait for the next album, this band has grown on me quite a bit.
----
20.06.2009 - 21:08
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Entropy Within has to be one the best death metal songs ever, this band has brainwashed me. After whats probably to be a crappy Suffocation release, i've never put 'crappy' and 'Suffocation' together, i put my faith into Anata's next album to blow me away.

anyone else eagerly awaiting Anata's next album ? come on fools.
----
21.06.2009 - 05:17
Crast

I think that "Under a stone with no inscription" is just fucking great. A very underrated band I must say.

.:crast:.
21.06.2009 - 19:00
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Crast on 21.06.2009 at 05:17

I think that "Under a stone with no inscription" is just fucking great. A very underrated band I must say.

Spot on, this band seems way overlooked for the quality music they play. I can relate to that though. The first time i heard Anata over a year ago i wasn't very much impressed, but they've quickly grown to be one of my favorite bands today.

if anyone's interested : http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=2078
----
14.10.2009 - 07:55
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I use to give a crap about this band.
15.10.2009 - 14:19
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Anata are so fucking technical !!one of the best been around in swedish death shit !! there lastest album is the best so far ( The Conductor's Departure ) near to perfection !! though still there previous ( Under A Stone With No Inscription ) so strong !! they improve in every album !! i really wish they could put on one in this year or in 2010 !!
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
06.10.2010 - 07:59
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Kimiwind on 15.10.2009 at 14:19

Anata are so fucking technical !!one of the best been around in swedish death shit !! there lastest album is the best so far ( The Conductor's Departure ) near to perfection !! though still there previous ( Under A Stone With No Inscription ) so strong !! they improve in every album !! i really wish they could put on one in this year or in 2010 !!

Yeah Man That would be sick !!!!! I'm always ready for Technical Rawness !
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.10.2010 - 10:17
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
But they do not tour so much... I'm still waitin to see them, festival or other... Their first album is so amazin !
06.10.2010 - 10:34
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by AyΣm on 06.10.2010 at 10:17

But they do not tour so much... I'm still waitin to see them, festival or other... Their first album is so amazin !

Thats true, I'd love to see them live
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.10.2010 - 20:49
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Apparently they've had a follow up to The Conductor's Departure recorded 2 years ago but they can't release it cause they have label issues or something like that. Now they're writing and recording one more I think.

Also, interesting piece of trivia:

Henrik Drake (on bass) has a PhD in Geology from Göteborg University and has five papers published. (http://www.skb.se/Templates/Standard____27300.aspx)
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
06.10.2010 - 21:01
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by CrypticMyth on 06.10.2010 at 20:49

Apparently they've had a follow up to The Conductor's Departure recorded 2 years ago but they can't release it cause they have label issues or something like that. Now they're writing and recording one more I think.

Also, interesting piece of trivia:

Henrik Drake (on bass) has a PhD in Geology from Göteborg University and has five papers published. (http://www.skb.se/Templates/Standard____27300.aspx)

Fuck I hate labels... Theres always fuck up

And lol, interesting fact I didn't know that about the bassist !
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here