Metal Storm logo
Funniest/stupidest reasons for disbanding

21.09.2008 - 14:02
Vunts
I just today read, why '1000 Funerals' disbanded:
Quote:
The band now is split-up due the fact that Pixy married and her husband is in opposition against metal.

Since I found it amusing, I came upon the idea for this thread. Has there been any more weirdish disbanding that could be noteworthy?
21.09.2008 - 16:44
FOOCK Nam
Yeah, but I think the reason for 1000 Funerals disbanding is more sadly than funny or amused. Due to the oppress culture of the country so her husband is against metal, and she must follow him, then thats why.

Other truely "funny" reason for disbanding is a story with van and marijuana of the band Brain Drill, which is showed on news section. They disband but till now maybe waiting for new members.
21.09.2008 - 16:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 21.09.2008 at 16:44

Other truely "funny" reason for disbanding is a story with van and marijuana of the band Brain Drill, which is showed on news section. They disband but till now maybe waiting for new members.

Cavity search!!!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.09.2008 - 18:20
Damnated
Churchburner
Armagedda. They said that the scene has too many posers and that they don't want to do anything with them anymore. So they broke up. This used to be on their MA page as well, but now it's changed. perhaps they realized how lolworthy that statement was.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.09.2008 - 22:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by FOOCK Nam on 21.09.2008 at 16:44

Yeah, but I think the reason for 1000 Funerals disbanding is more sadly than funny or amused. Due to the oppress culture of the country so her husband is against metal, and she must follow him, then thats why.

dont forget the mushrooms.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.04.2009 - 05:33
Symmachus
I remember going through the Metalstorm news recently, maybe 2 or so months ago, and a band said that part of the reason they disbanded was due to global warming.
09.04.2009 - 10:51
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Symmachus on 09.04.2009 at 05:33

I remember going through the Metalstorm news recently, maybe 2 or so months ago, and a band said that part of the reason they disbanded was due to global warming.

really? no idea which band it was? 'cause it does sound pretty lame. "our amps produce too much heat when we play, just like our armpits, so we decided to stop"
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
09.04.2009 - 14:55
Black Mass
Written by tulkas on 09.04.2009 at 10:51

really? no idea which band it was? 'cause it does sound pretty lame. "our amps produce too much heat when we play, just like our armpits, so we decided to stop"

F*cken hippies!
09.04.2009 - 18:39
TormentoR.
Written by Black Mass on 09.04.2009 at 14:55

F*cken hippies!

LOOOOOOL!!!!

well i havent heard strange, funny or stupid band disbandings but ive heard that in bands ( like Deicide, Exodus for example ) members quit cuz of money,.. mostly they demand more money.. they want money for the things they havent made... like in Deicide the hoffman bros want money for things that Glen and Steve are making.. Glen writes every single lyrics and they want money for that.. wtf? i think thats stupid >.>' they should concentrate on writing riffs and solos.. but anyway, they re gone long time ago
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
10.04.2009 - 02:10
Symmachus

If I'm correct, they were probably a thrash metal or groove metal band or something like that, maybe with some death metal influence. But I don't remember their name.

By the way, that reason for splitting up that you gave was rather unusual and interesting.
10.04.2009 - 06:26
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Symmachus on 10.04.2009 at 02:10

If I'm correct, they were probably a thrash metal or groove metal band or something like that, maybe with some death metal influence. But I don't remember their name.

By the way, that reason for splitting up that you gave was rather unusual and interesting.

ok, so we know it was metal band, or something like that
and thanx, it was the only reason i could think of at the moment
----
18.05.2009 - 22:03
MeloDeathViking
They didn't disband, but the one member left....Brain Drill! The whole butt probe thing had me rollin on the floor that was about the funniest thing I'd ever heard.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
19.05.2009 - 11:20
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Damnated on 21.09.2008 at 18:20

Armagedda. They said that the scene has too many posers and that they don't want to do anything with them anymore. So they broke up. This used to be on their MA page as well, but now it's changed. perhaps they realized how lolworthy that statement was.

I haven't heard anything from them, but saying this is just stupid. Because it's a free market and anyone can do what they like to do. So if they give up, because they found many posers in music so better not to continue.
Maybe the front man's mum told him not to play electric guitar any more and that was the real reason that they've disbanded.
07.07.2009 - 07:13
ironfiststew
Account deleted
Worst reason for disbanding:

dave vincent leaving morbid angel to join the genitorturers. leaving one of the most iconic death metal bands of the 90s to join... who? btw, if anyone has had the displeasure of seeing one of their videos, total embarrassment to morbid angel fans.
07.07.2009 - 08:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Guest on 07.07.2009 at 07:13

Worst reason for disbanding:

dave vincent leaving morbid angel to join the genitorturers. leaving one of the most iconic death metal bands of the 90s to join... who? btw, if anyone has had the displeasure of seeing one of their videos, total embarrassment to morbid angel fans.

his wife is in the band... that was a factor.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.07.2009 - 09:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Funniest/stupidest reason? every time the band members say it was for "personal reasons" but in reality it was something as petty as the vocalists' girlfriend(a.k.a. personal groupie-whore) blowing the guitarist while on tour, or for money reasons.

lol @ Armagedda though, looking at their metal-archives page what can i say, they look like posers too.
07.07.2009 - 17:46
XXX Maniak's break-up was hilarious.

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?s=82fd90cd37f06685533854dce001c6ea&t=143710&page=1

Best break-up ever.
07.07.2009 - 18:05
Deadsoulman
Elite

Quoting an old message there, the band that said that is Fall Of Serenity. But I think it was a joke. They quit because the guitar player (whom I think wrote everything in the band) quit the band to play in Deadlock.
07.07.2009 - 21:19
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Deadsoulman on 07.07.2009 at 18:05

Quoting an old message there, the band that said that is Fall Of Serenity. But I think it was a joke. They quit because the guitar player (whom I think wrote everything in the band) quit the band to play in Deadlock.

Now that would be a reasonable... reason. That whole global warming thing is just real stupid, so hopefully it was a joke.
----
07.07.2009 - 21:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by HarmonyCorruptio on 07.07.2009 at 17:46

XXX Maniak's break-up was hilarious.

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?s=82fd90cd37f06685533854dce001c6ea&t=143710&page=1

Best break-up ever.

i see they were doing it to "rip people off" but why the hell did they disband?

and how the hell can you make money off of a grindcore band?
21.04.2012 - 03:14
Lit 2.0
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.04.2012 at 22:44

Coroner-Lack of media exposure

That's probably one of the most common reasons for disbanding, really.
Honestly, would you be able to blame any of them?