Metal Storm logo
Siebenbürgen

22.09.2008 - 08:42
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Siebenbürgen has now returned for their 6th full-length, and I'm interested to see what anyone has thought of the latest album, "Revelation IV," or any of their past work, of course! Siebenbürgen disbanded and then rather quickly reunited with a slightly different lineup recently, and I guess the question remains, was it worth it, and what's changed?

Well, for me at least it was one of the least dramatic reformations for a band I've followed, particuarly since the latest album stays fully true to the sound on the band's previous release, "Darker Designs & Images." Not this is a bad thing of course, but to me, the band has made the same successes - and the same mistakes - on "Revelation VI" as they did on their 2005 release.

Some of the more notable tracks for me on "Revelation VI" are "Rebirth Of The Nameless" and my pick, "After the Wolf (Do Dead Men Follow)." However, there are some tracks that just get lost - neither bad nor excellent.

So, any opinions on the new material, or picks from their older material?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.09.2008 - 00:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Honestly, I really don't like the new album at all. The songwriting is too samey, and the happy choruses ruin the supposedly dark atmosphere. It's been a while since I played it, but Revelation VI seemed to me like a power metal band trying to play black metal.
23.09.2008 - 08:51
TheBigRossowski

I never got into this band at all! Listened to an album from a friend and it didn't connect at all.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.09.2008 - 23:38
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Dangerboner on 23.09.2008 at 00:22

Honestly, I really don't like the new album at all. The songwriting is too samey, and the happy choruses ruin the supposedly dark atmosphere. It's been a while since I played it, but I Revelation VI seemed to me like a power metal band trying to play black metal.

Yes, I think that's the flaw in this new album as well as Siebenburgen's 2005 disc - the songs are just too similar, and don't stick in the listeners' minds too much. The band still has the talent to write some great songs, but 3 on an album with a dozen or so songs is not going to keep a listener too interested after a few listens.

But, about your power metal comment - I think that's where Siebenburgen succeeded in crafting their sound - they are a black metal band using heavy metal style guitarwork. That's one thing that has kept me interested in the band even though I think their best time has passed - they have their own sound. It doesn't succeed all the time, but it's still a great addition to the metal scene, and maybe some future guitarist will pick it up and develop it more, who knows?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.09.2008 - 23:40
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by TheBigRossowski on 23.09.2008 at 08:51

I never got into this band at all! Listened to an album from a friend and it didn't connect at all.

Hmm... I am always dismayed by comments like this, because the band now has 6 albums, yet you've written them off based on listening to a friend's 1 album. Which did you hear? I do think the band has gone through some phases over the years - the first 2 albums, the 3rd and 4th, and the most recent two all have a slightly different feel to it. I'm not saying you'll like any of course but there is more to the band's sound than just one album, most certainly!
----
24.09.2008 - 00:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good band, I think best band in genre from Sweden, I won one album, and I lobe it but all time my fav song are ''rebelion'' I got it in MS compilation some years ago, its realy awesome band and some day probobly I will get all CD ,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2008 - 08:59
TheBigRossowski

Written by Jason W. on 23.09.2008 at 23:40

Written by TheBigRossowski on 23.09.2008 at 08:51

Hmm... I am always dismayed by comments like this, because the band now has 6 albums, yet you've written them off based on listening to a friend's 1 album. Which did you hear? I do think the band has gone through some phases over the years - the first 2 albums, the 3rd and 4th, and the most recent two all have a slightly different feel to it. I'm not saying you'll like any of course but there is more to the band's sound than just one album, most certainly!

Darker Designs & Images. I actually had to look it up because I had NO idea what it was called, just remembered the cover of the album. Really shows you how it impacted my life

Recommend me the BEST one and I'll give it a try, yeah? Maybe Ithey can be 'written off' after 2 albums

Seriously though, I'll check another out, lol.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
10.10.2008 - 07:45
Morcant
Wulfgar
I think Plagued Be Thy Angel is the best album they made. Really great riffs and great production.
----
"No guts no glory"
- Bolt Thrower
10.10.2008 - 09:07
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by TheBigRossowski on 24.09.2008 at 08:59

Recommend me the BEST one and I'll give it a try, yeah? Maybe Ithey can be 'written off' after 2 albums

Seriously though, I'll check another out, lol.

Yes, I think I'd start with Plagued Be Thy Angel, as Morcant suggests too. I personally prefer "Delictum" but "Plagued Be Thy Angel" is to me their best sounding release, and it's the one that I loved immediately The artwork I also find to be masterful as well. You can really sense the intensity of the band in the studio by the way the album is produced and mixed. It feels like a perfectionist went through it, making sure the sound was as crisp as possible, something that cannot be said about their more recent releases.

Written by Morcant on 10.10.2008 at 07:45

I think Plagued Be Thy Angel is the best album they made. Really great riffs and great production.

Which songs do you like the most? I have always enjoyed "Her Shadows Adored" and "Angelic" (particularly Angelic's intro). I also enjoy the Judas Priest cover alot from the digipak. Actually, one thing Siebenburgen has always done is great covers. I have a mildly mastered version of them doing a Motley Crue cover (Red Hot) and an Accept cover (Princess of the Dawn)... great!
----
12.12.2008 - 19:46
CreeperDeath

A Dream of Scarlet Nights ! Nothing very much better after this song. Well the entire album Delictum is one of the best piece of heavy black metal I've heard