Metal Storm logo
Rap Group Run DMC to be Inducted into Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 23.09.2008 - 04:38
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/61713826

i dont think they belong there solely on their guest appearance in an Aerosmith song. they're good rappers, but i dont think they should be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame simply because they dont play rock n roll of any kind.

anyone else have an opinion?
17.01.2009 - 12:55
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Doc G. on 17.01.2009 at 10:10

Question, has Aerosmith been inducted yet? Because if they haven't I really don't see any excuse for Run DMC being there.

Yes. In 2001.

A complete inductee list can be found at http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
17.01.2009 - 19:05
Gigginova
Account deleted
No wayy....
I don't think this is right, all they did was a collaboration with Aerosmith!
18.01.2009 - 00:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

Question, has Aerosmith been inducted yet? Because if they haven't I really don't see any excuse for Run DMC being there.

yes they did at 2001 I think.
http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list/
18.01.2009 - 06:10
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 18.01.2009 at 00:18
yes they did at 2001 I think.
http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list/
Thryce said the exact same thing just two posts earlier. Please read at least the last few posts before adding your own.
Written by Guest on 17.01.2009 at 06:47
Ok...so take Puff Daddy for example...he has some rock and metal in his songs in some places...so...if he decides to all of a sudden help some metal or rock band's fallen career by redoing one of their songs with him talking out the words with their music...does he go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too?
The thing is, Run-DMC were the first to do this. They opened up the rap world to a whole lot of rockers and IMO it's no great shame for them to be inducted. Some other inclusions/exclusions, on the other hand...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
18.01.2009 - 21:48
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Well, first of all, who the fuck cares about some stupid rock'n'roll hall of fame anyway?
And also, Run DMC is a great band, them getting kudos wherever they can is good in my book.
19.01.2009 - 01:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by jupitreas on 18.01.2009 at 21:48

Well, first of all, who the fuck cares about some stupid rock'n'roll hall of fame anyway?

Yes. Although it's good to see some bands I like getting some recognition, it is a shitty hall of fame overall.
----
21.01.2009 - 02:45
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 19.01.2009 at 01:12

Yes. Although it's good to see some bands I like getting some recognition, it is a shitty hall of fame overall.

What pisses me off is that they got there first than Metallica. Only for a contribution. pfft.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.01.2009 - 12:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 21.01.2009 at 02:45

Written by Warman on 19.01.2009 at 01:12

What pisses me off is that they got there first than Metallica. Only for a contribution. pfft.

At least ALL of Run DMC's albums are good, which cannot be said abotu Metallica AT ALL
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.01.2009 - 18:56
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Whatever you say Marcel.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.01.2009 - 01:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Metalheads are hilarious.

at one point they defy and deny popular culture, but on the other hand they get their panties in a wad whenever someone outside the metal community fails to give a metal artist what the fans think they are due.

as Jupe said above, "who the fuck cares about some stupid rock'n'roll hall of fame anyway?"

i don't. i don't know who is inducted and who isn't at this point.

and RUN DMC is worthy of some degree of honors. if you think their contribution to music was limited to reviving Hairosmith's career with "Walk this Way" you are sadly mistaken. not that ignorance has done much to stop some of hte folks around here from running their keyboards on things beyond their grasp...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.01.2009 - 01:58
Gigginova
Account deleted

And also, Run DMC is a great band, them getting kudos wherever they can is good in my book.

okay, i guess you're right

I don't think anyone in this thread criticised Run DMC did they? But realistically, a group that doesn't play rock n' roll getting inducted is a little absurd.
30.01.2009 - 21:20
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by BitterCOld on 22.01.2009 at 01:18

as Jupe said above, "who the fuck cares about some stupid rock'n'roll hall of fame anyway?"

i don't. i don't know who is inducted and who isn't at this point.

I kind of do. Sure being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of fame is not like winning the Nobel Prize, but it is something that is kind of cool. The museum they have it really fascinating and an amazing place to learn about rock music, in all its forms. I like seeing which bands get inducted in, but I don't get upset. Honestly, I think it is pretty cool that Run DMC is getting in.

Now when is Dream Theater going to get in!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! SOOPID POSERSA! U DonYT NO ABOUT METALS!!@!
----
(space for rent)
12.03.2009 - 04:38
IronBlackZepp

The rock n roll hall of fame is a joke. They put in rap crap but bands Like Priest and Maiden are not inducted, thats balls. More like The rock n roll hall of shame. At least some great bands like Zeppelin, Sabbath, Floyd, and Metallica are their.
12.03.2009 - 09:21
Kanto

If we want to honor a dead (or alive) music legend...weeell, listen to their music, see/go to their concerts, buy the DVD (there are DVDs for every single artist now...), but don't do s museum to honor his/her image, that's more sell him than admire him IMO.
About the rap thing...Madonna and Bob Marley are over there too. I respect Marley as the reggae master and Madonna too because at the end "she is the pop queen" but....no rock. If they want to just keep the name and add controversial or legendary musicians...I'd like to see Michael Jackson or The Cure soon there...
----
...Dude.
12.03.2009 - 23:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Kanto on 12.03.2009 at 09:21

I'd like to see... ...The Cure soon there...

i don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about the R&R HOF, but i love The Cure. i'd actually tune in to part of that broadcast if i got the chance to see Fat Bob and the Boys play anything from any of their Pre-"Wish" albums.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!