‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]
Users visited: 468  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+ on 24.09.2008 at 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.

Page 19 of 19

Dr.Overkill26

26.05.2014 at 22:20
Dude Metallica may well be my Favorite band of all time... those first 4 albums are so catchy, Dynamic, just perfect. The Black album is a masterpiece, I like a few songs off of load and reload, Garage inc is cool cause it Introduced me to a lot of Great bands, Death Magnetic is Excellent minus the Shite overly loud Production, And the Beyond Magnetic ep is just awesome, even Better than DM far as I'm Concerned.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
Lit.
The Witchfinder

27.05.2014 at 00:49
^Fanboy alert.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
deadone
Mainstream Poser

27.05.2014 at 03:07
Written by Dr.Overkill26 on 26.05.2014 at 22:20

Death Magnetic is Excellent minus the Shite overly loud Production, And the Beyond Magnetic ep is just awesome, even Better than DM far as I'm Concerned.

I agree that Beyond Magnetic is better than Death Magnetic. Death Magnetic was good but even without the shit sound it still would not have been excellent in my book.

In any case it nice to have the Metallica boys still in action. This is the band that brought the underground into the mainstream and are perhaps the most commercially successful band of all time. And for many of us Metallica was the first taste of the heavy metal crack!
deadone
Mainstream Poser

27.05.2014 at 03:14
Written by Ruchesko on 26.05.2014 at 18:56

So some pipsqeauk British indie-rocker (Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys) has come out saying he's not sure Metallica are suitable to headline at Glastonbury. http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/77414

I can understand his rationale.

I think a festival has to have a vibe and theme. After all I don't want to go to a Metal festival and have Arctic Monkeys headline.

It's why Australian festivals suck bollocks - they tend to go for a shotgun approach in terms of genres and styles. So not only is there no vibe but it's also hard to justify spending anywhere up to $200 to attend a festival where one might like 2 bands if they're lucky.

Europeans have got it so good when it comes to festivals.
Ruchesko
Symphomaniac

27.05.2014 at 04:20
Written by deadone on 27.05.2014 at 03:14

I think a festival has to have a vibe and theme. After all I don't want to go to a Metal festival and have Arctic Monkeys headline.

Fair point.

I reckon I'd be less indignant about Turner's remarks if the festival itself hadn't made a habit of occasionally booking headliners from outside its alternative/indie remit in recent years: they've had Beyoncé and Jay-Z headline in the last decade. I guess Iron Maiden or Judas Priest might have been a more obvious/less divisive choice for Glasto's first metal headliners, but its not like they booked Meshuggah or Manowar (amusing a thought as that is).
deadone
Mainstream Poser

27.05.2014 at 04:23
Written by Ruchesko on 27.05.2014 at 04:20

Written by deadone on 27.05.2014 at 03:14

Fair point.

I reckon I'd be less indignant about Turner's remarks if the festival itself hadn't made a habit of occasionally booking headliners from outside its alternative/indie remit in recent years: they've had Beyoncé and Jay-Z headline in the last decade. I guess Iron Maiden or Judas Priest might have been a more obvious/less divisive choice for Glasto's first metal headliners, but its not like they booked Meshuggah or Manowar (amusing a thought as that is).

I suppose Metallica could always tone down the set and maybe resurrect a few Load/Reload songs if they don't think the crowd will appreciate the faster and heavier stuff.
Dr.Overkill26

27.05.2014 at 05:38
Death Magnetic is Excellent minus the Shite overly loud Production, And the Beyond Magnetic ep is just awesome, even Better than DM far as I'm Concerned.

I agree that Beyond Magnetic is better than Death Magnetic. Death Magnetic was good but even without the shit sound it still would not have been excellent in my book.

In any case it nice to have the Metallica boys still in action. This is the band that brought the underground into the mainstream and are perhaps the most commercially successful band of all time. And for many of us Metallica was the first taste of the heavy metal crack!

Finally someone who Agrees!
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

28.05.2014 at 03:43
Rediscovered my love for early Metallica while watching Through the Never with a friend of mine. Kill 'em All is such a monster thrashterpiece (I'll use that term unironically for once).
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
K†ulu
Seeker of Truth

28.05.2014 at 21:37
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2014 at 03:43

Rediscovered my love for early Metallica while watching Through the Never with a friend of mine. Kill 'em All is such a monster thrashterpiece (I'll use that term unironically for once).

So how is the movie? I cannot get around to watching it. Kill 'em All is amazing indeed. Man, those first albums...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

28.05.2014 at 21:58
Written by K†ulu on 28.05.2014 at 21:37
So how is the movie?

Good, all things considered. You have to stretch the imagination a bit to "understand" the story though. It's not too abstract or anything like that but there's a lot of unexplained events that take place and you just kind of have to accept what's going on and roll with it. They absolutely kill it on stage though. For old-timers who've gone soft in recent years they can still rock the hell out of their early material, and Robert Trujillo fits that style perfectly.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
deadone
Mainstream Poser

29.05.2014 at 02:05
I didn't like the movie.

Concert footage was good but I was expecting more with the movie. It was meant to have like a plot and characters and shit but instead it was some vaguely related violent scenes.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]

Login or register to post here.