Poll

which is the better guitarist?

Karl Logan (1993- )
Ross 'the Boss' Friedman (1980-1988)

Total votes: 8
25.09.2008 - 11:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
if you ask me Ross is better, Karl's riffs are a bit repetitive, and while being a much more technical guitarist than Ross, he doesn't quite have that badass edge in the riffs, like Metal Daze, Army of Immortals or Blood of My Enemies. Manowar has matured and gained a much more 'classic' sound with Karl, but Ross is to be given credit for being the badass motherfucker he is and creating the Manowar attitude.

"other bands play, Manowar kills" - Ross Friedman, cca. 1988
25.09.2008 - 11:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont know, because it's hard tell, boat skills are simmilar if thay can play, it depends what albums you like more
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.09.2008 - 12:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
My God, this is a total no-brainer, Ross The Boss is just superior, and ONLY with him on guitar have Manowar recorded anything that can slightly be regarded as classic. Listen to Ross' latest solo album or toe his guest appearance on Atlantean Kodex - The Pnakotic Demos and this question wouldn't even have been asked.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.09.2008 - 23:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.09.2008 at 12:28

My God, this is a total no-brainer, Ross The Boss is just superior, and ONLY with him on guitar have Manowar recorded anything that can slightly be regarded as classic. Listen to Ross' latest solo album or toe his guest appearance on Atlantean Kodex - The Pnakotic Demos and this question wouldn't even have been asked.

people might like the stripped-down approach from Louder Than Hell and Warriors of The World and of course the absurdly epic Gods of War so that's why i thought people would vote for Karl. at least he is more technical than Ross, check out his solo from that DVD called The Absolute Power: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YFOwsFqfkU pretty impressive solo if you ask me.
27.09.2008 - 02:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I vote David Shankle. Triumph of Steel was a sweet album.

But I guess its not a poll over who Manowars best guitarist is, if its just between them, I suppose Karl Logan, the latest Gods Of War live was a spectacular album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.09.2008 - 08:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 27.09.2008 at 02:47

I vote David Shankle. Triumph of Steel was a sweet album.

But I guess its not a poll over who Manowars best guitarist is, if its just between them, I suppose Karl Logan, the latest Gods Of War live was a spectacular album.

shankle over ross and karl? now that's a premiere
28.09.2008 - 22:30
Gigginova
Account deleted
I actually like Karl Logan better!
His Neo-Classical influence goes better with Metal than Ross' Blues influence.

29.09.2008 - 23:44
Hyvaarin

"Neoclassical influence" is a pretty generous label. He uses Yngwieish techniques (very poorly), that's about it.

ROSS THE BOSS is the supreme Manowar guitarist. The only one who's ever played with any sort of balls (in my correct opinion, of course).
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."