Metal Storm logo
Vanishing Point

28.06.2006 - 12:43
SteTech

Any other fans of this Australian band? I have their previous two releases, Embrace The Silence and Tangled In Dream. Apparently "In Thought" is going to be reissued. Embrace The Silence has got to be my all time fave album, not a single bad song on it
28.06.2006 - 12:57
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Great 'Straiyan Prog/Power band. As CyGuy6587 said, there is no bad song on Embrace the Silence, one of the best albums of 2005. I got to know this band thanks to Metalstorm and to the cover Sonata Arctica did on their masterpiece "Two Minds, One Soul" (Tangled in Dream). My favourite songs are "Two Minds, One Soul" (Tangled in Dream), "If Only I" (Embrace the Silence) and "Season of Sundays" (Embrace the Silence). There's another nice ballad that I like, "Dancing With the Devil" (Tangled in Dream).
28.06.2006 - 13:28
SteTech

Yeah I discovered VP through Sonata's cover as well. I knew of them before I heard it, but I was blwon away when I first heard the song, I thought I had to get into them! Glad I did
13.08.2006 - 11:37
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Yes,I rather enjoy Vanishing Point,haven't heard much but from what I've heard from Embrace the Silence,it was very good,and I mean very good! I'll definitely have to check more out from these guys!
02.10.2006 - 11:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SteTech on 28.06.2006 at 12:43

Any other fans of this Australian band? I have their previous two releases, Embrace The Silence and Tangled In Dream. Apparently "In Thought" is going to be reissued. Embrace The Silence has got to be my all time fave album, not a single bad song on it

I had hera firts album an dit remainds me some Nevermore that type of music and just quasten, band h smade any video I had memnories I had seen some video of them, Im not shore
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2006 - 16:21
SteTech

I managed to obtain the first album by downloading. As soon as I can find the actual album I'll buy it. It's a lot heavier than the later albums, but it's still got that melodic edge, and I love it just as much as the other albums.

They did make a video for The Only One, it's on their myspace
02.10.2006 - 20:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SteTech on 02.10.2006 at 16:21

I managed to obtain the first album by downloading. As soon as I can find the actual album I'll buy it. It's a lot heavier than the later albums, but it's still got that melodic edge, and I love it just as much as the other albums.

Actualy I had seen them in DC++ hubs, but i didnt dounloud and I see this vidoe, no its not hat I mean, maybe I mix videos
----

apos;'
[image]
02.10.2006 - 21:27
SteTech

Written by Bad English on 02.10.2006 at 20:03

Written by SteTech on 02.10.2006 at 16:21

Actualy I had seen them in DC++ hubs, but i didnt dounloud and I see this vidoe, no its not hat I mean, maybe I mix videos

Well as far as I'm aware there's a video for Never Walk Away from the Tangled In Dream album and one for My Virtue from Embrace The Silence. They're both live vids overdubbed with the studio version of the song
03.10.2006 - 08:30
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Yep they are a great band, even better live! Ive seen the video for Never Walk Away (my personal fav song), its cut clips from their European tours including live.
I think my favourite album is Tangled In A Dream, but Embrace The Silence is amazing in itself. They seem to be receiving alot of attention throughout the world now, definatly one of our bigger Metal acts.
26.10.2006 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
where I can get those videos? I dounloud video - ''Never Walk Away'' and its so good I realy like it and band too, from witch album it is?
Where can I get others?
----

apos;'
[image]
27.10.2006 - 09:52
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I cant recall any others, i think there is another though. I really want to see them live again.
11.07.2007 - 22:31
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
I think that Vanishing Point is the most exponent of the Australian Power Metal.

Tangled In Dream.... amazing work !!!!
12.07.2007 - 07:49
Shadowslave
Account deleted
I LOVE Vanashing Point i saw them live at the dragonforce Australian Tour n i met the singer n lead guitarist afterwards, they were heaps chiller but unfortunately i cant find an album of theirs at JB's
12.07.2007 - 07:54
Shadowslave
Account deleted
hey can anyone who has any of their songs send it 2 my email walkaboutwalkerishere@hotmail.com?
12.07.2007 - 08:31
Eternal Flames

For anyone interested in their video clips there's "Never Walk Away" which can be downloaded from their official website and there's "The Only One" which can be seen on their official myspace page. The only other two that have been released I think were "My Virtue" and "Two Minds And One Soul" which can be found on youtube.
My Virtue
Two Minds, One Soul

@Shadowslave - JB should definitely have their albums. Their debut album "In Thought" has recently been re-issued and I've seen "Embrace The Silence" a lot at various JB stores. If you still can't find any albums though, I'm pretty sure you can order them on their official website. If you still have trouble though, PM me and I'll send you some songs.

As for the new album, it's now entitled "The Fourth Season", not "When Truth Lies" anymore. A rough release date has been set for late August. They're also shooting a new video clip for a song off the new album I believe. Can't wait to see these guys touring nationally again.
Anyway, looks like their newest album should be released soon.
12.07.2007 - 10:48
Shadowslave
Account deleted
thanks eternal flame, i come from adelaide n they dont have shit in the way of music in any of the stores!!! doesn't it cost more 2 buy it off their site?
12.07.2007 - 16:05
Eternal Flames

Written by Guest on 12.07.2007 at 10:48

thanks eternal flame, i come from adelaide n they dont have shit in the way of music in any of the stores!!! doesn't it cost more 2 buy it off their site?

Don't think it's much more expensive. Just had a look at their website and they've got all three albums available for purchase for $20 US which would be around $25 AUS, so no, it's not more expensive than it is in stores. And I believe that price includes shipping and postage costs. They do have "Tangled In Dream" on there as well, but I'm not too sure if that one is still available. If you're going to go with one CD at the moment, I highly recommend "Embrace The Silence".
18.10.2007 - 14:10
Eternal Flames

Anyone heard the new album "The Fourth Season" yet? I just picked up the Australian version of the album which contains a bonus DVD with an interview with the band, video for "Surrender" and a brief farewell message from Jack Lukic (ex-drummer). The interview was great, very informative and gives a nice insight into the new members' backgrounds and their contributions to the album.

As for the album itself, I think it's great. First thing that I noticed was the length of the songs were much shorter than that of "Embrace The Silence". Most of the songs are between 4-5 minutes, although that does not detract from the album in any way. "The Fourth Season" is also a lot heavier than previous Vanishing Point work. It's seems to be a mix between "Tangled In Dream" and "Embrace The Silence". It's still very melodic nevertheless.

What I have noticed about Vanishing Point is that they progress and mature with each album. When I listen to "In Thought" through to "The Fourth Season", I can immediately hear the maturity and improvement throughout their career. Silvio's vocals have improved with every single album, as have their guitar work, their songwriting, and in general their sound.

I don't know yet whether I prefer this album over "Embrace The Silence" though. That album is one of my all-time favourites, and while I love the new album, I think I need to give it a few more listens for it to really take its effect.
18.03.2008 - 20:01
SteTech

The Fourth Season is fantastic, my fave album alongside Embrace...

I would love to see them live, but I don't think they're popular enough to come to the UK. They told me on MySpace that they're gonna try playing Wacken 2009, which would be brill if they did
16.08.2008 - 16:51
Janne
Hugin
I saw that they will play before Sonata Arctica in November so I downloaded their album "The Fourth Season"...and it's great!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.08.2008 - 12:10
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Written by Janne on 16.08.2008 at 16:51

I saw that they will play before Sonata Arctica in November so I downloaded their album "The Fourth Season"...and it's great!

Same with me, I also downloaded The Fourth Season, it is not one of my favorite albums but it is not bad.