Metal Storm logo
Stolen songs (NOT covers)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 28.06.2006 - 14:02
hey.post here the songs(metal or not)which have stolen riffs,keyboards,vocals,etc. from another band without mentioning them in their booklet...
i'll start:Limp Bizkit-behind blue eyes=same as intro of angels fall first(nightwish)
madonna-hung up=abba-gimme gimme gimme(same stupid rhythm)
children of bodom-hatebreeder=nightwish-nemo("nemo sailing home...")
of course i don't know if any one of these have the original song listed in the booklet,so i'm not quite sure...
but anyway a lot of people say that nu metal bands like linkin park and others copy all sorts of riffs and stuff from pantera and sepultura,so fire away and please no posts such as "OMFG THOSE X BAND IDIOTS COPIED THOSE UNBELIEVABLY COOL AND TALENTED GUYS FROM Y BAND'S RIFFS,VOCALS,ETC. IN Z ALBUM WHICH WENT MULTI-PLATINUM!!!WTF HOW CAN SOMEONE IN THEIR FULL CONTROL OF THE BRAIN DO THIS??!?!!?THOSE CHEAP POSER BASTARDS IMITATORS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"
25.12.2006 - 15:54
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Yes...Metalica's Unforgiven2 intro is similar to Iron maiden's Children Of The Damned.
I've noticed that Papa Roach seems to a great maiden fan because the band uses many style of maiden in their song...i don'e mean style but they copy some part of music from maiden song.
Also..Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit music is similar to Chorus of Remember Tomorrow [Iron Maiden]...Isn't it?...Not really same but similar..
29.12.2006 - 20:52
Dan066
Account deleted
"Unrepentant" by Trivium and "Through the Never" by Metallica
23.01.2007 - 18:57
Sunioj

Written by Hyvaarin on 25.12.2006 at 14:17

Written by Sunioj on 14.12.2006 at 15:16

COB - Lake bodom ( I think thats the song ) the solo is ripped right off note by note from the theme track from "The Rock" with Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery, as well as the begginning to "touch by angel of death" on the live album...

The theme from 'The Rock' was used as the 'Touch Like...' intro on Tokyo Warhearts, but it has nothing to do with 'Lake Bodom'.

I found it! Its Bodom after midnight , its not really straight from the rock, as Ive heard that track off other films too. Its from the chase scene.
24.01.2007 - 02:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
Pantera's Domination middle riff (not main) is stolen from The Trial from King Diamond
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.01.2007 - 07:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
R&B and rap is terrible for stealing, like intro to the Destinys child song 'bootilicious' was ripped off Stevie Nicks 'edge of seventeen'
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.01.2007 - 17:04
Arrwyn

On one of Lunatica's songs on 'Fables and Dreams' (I believe it's "The Neverending Story") is the same intro as Nightwish's Oceansoul (Everyone loves to steal from those guys it seems, eh?).
27.01.2007 - 22:11
HeavenDuff

Well... Cob couldnt have stolen a song that was made after theirs...

Written by Guest on 29.12.2006 at 20:52

"Unrepentant" by Trivium and "Through the Never" by Metallica

and Trivium always claim that they love Metallica a lot, so if they took a riff from one of their songs they must have mentionned it.
----
Nothing less than a Metal God
24.02.2007 - 00:07
Black Serpent
Account deleted
"Sorgens Kammer" (The Chamber of Sorrow) from Dimmu Borgir was really a song taken from the theme song of the japanese(?) game "Agony".
25.02.2007 - 21:55
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Malmsteen's solo in Rising force is same like Megadeth's in My last Words. malsteen did it later, so you see...
----
01.03.2007 - 03:50
Dan066
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 25.09.2006 at 01:21

The beginning of Blind Guardian's 'Another Stranger Me' guitar sounds like Hammerfall's 'Riders Of The Storm'.

I just played both intro's and I see the simularity.
22.03.2007 - 04:28
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Doc G. on 26.01.2007 at 07:19

R&B and rap is terrible for stealing, like intro to the Destinys child song 'bootilicious' was ripped off Stevie Nicks 'edge of seventeen'

maybe they steal from obscure musicians isn't it? I think that's what bad mainstream (so-called) musicians do.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.03.2007 - 04:31
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Guest on 24.02.2007 at 00:07

"Sorgens Kammer" (The Chamber of Sorrow) from Dimmu Borgir was really a song taken from the theme song of the japanese(?) game "Agony".

That's shocking! I really like this instrumental very much, is it totally copied?
----
22.03.2007 - 05:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Paganblood on 22.03.2007 at 04:28

maybe they steal from obscure musicians isn't it? I think that's what bad mainstream (so-called) musicians do.

Is Stevie Nicks really that obscure? then again there 13 year old teeny-bopper audience wouldnt know classic rock if it bit them in the ass.
----
- George Carlin
22.03.2007 - 09:55
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Doc G. on 22.03.2007 at 05:17

Written by Paganblood on 22.03.2007 at 04:28

Is Stevie Nicks really that obscure? then again there 13 year old teeny-bopper audience wouldnt know classic rock if it bit them in the ass.

No, that isn't what I mean, I refer to other cases as well and not only that particular case. Because that's what the mainstream bozos do here: steal from musicians who are unknown to the local listeners here.
----
22.03.2007 - 10:38
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Guest on 25.12.2006 at 15:54

Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit music is similar to Chorus of Remember Tomorrow [Iron Maiden]...Isn't it?...Not really same but similar..

Similar? totally and shamelessly stolen, this's what I think. Very very similar, and its clearly understood that the riffs are stolen from the Maidens.... and just think, that's the song wich took Nirvana to great heights!
----
24.03.2007 - 11:04
iaberis
Advice Troll
Hm... nice thread!
The main guitar riff of Dio's "Rock And Roll" from the album "Killing the Dragon" is stolen form Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up !!!
Also if you know a greek band called On Thorns I Lay the song "Black Cold Nights" from the album "Angeldust" has the violin melody of a trance song called "ResuRection" from a Russian band called "PPK". Both songs were out the same year and they have the same melody. The metal song in the violin and the trance in the keyboards...
----
Bitch! Please
24.03.2007 - 14:50
Carrion
Account deleted
Hmm.. Well Stone has this song, Get Stoned. It has quite a same kinda riff than Metallica's Enter Sandman, but it's not exactly the same and I don't think that Hetfield, Ulrich or Hammet even knew guys called Roope Latvala or Janne Joutsenniemi that time.
Apart from that I've heard alot same sounding songs, but it doesn't mind me that much, it can easily be a coinsidence.
24.03.2007 - 20:55
RavenLord

The intro of Trivium's 'Detonation' is a more or less note-for-note copy of the intro to 'Extreme Aggressions' by Kreator. Yet another example of how Trivium can't think up an original riff by themselves. I also seem to remember someone showing me a riff from 'Fear of the Dark' in one of their songs...I believe it's the main pre-verse riff from FotD is used in 'A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation', but I'm not sure.
----
25.11.2007 - 14:47
GT
Coffee!!
Tvangste - Under The Black Raven's Wings has the same intro as Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.11.2007 - 19:28
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Dream Theater stole the intro from Michael Jacksons "Give In To Me" for their intro to "Endless Sacrifice". They're just too similiar to be a coincident. I meen, it's totally spot on.
----
THRASH!!!
25.11.2007 - 22:30
destroyah
supercharger
Written by Guest on 25.12.2006 at 15:54

I've noticed that Papa Roach seems to a great maiden fan because the band uses many style of maiden in their song...

Check out the band Stalingrad Cowgirls, Their "You Won't Get it" is suspiciously similar to Maiden's "Wickerman"
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
26.11.2007 - 05:32
panchowl

Papa Roach in the intro of "Between Angels And Insects" uses the same rythm of Iron Maiden riff intro in "Prowler" !
26.11.2007 - 07:30
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2k1TqPdChY it sounds EXACTLY like dimmu borgir - mourning palace - and ive heard hes getting sued by them as well - i hope he gets his ass sued for millions
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
26.11.2007 - 07:35
Oracle
Orcinus
I downloaded Astarte's new album and the song 'Mutter Astarte' sounds exactly like 'Invocation of Naamah' by Therion. its the same tune but the lyrics are different.
26.11.2007 - 07:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Behemoths 'Conquer All' has the exact same main riff as Anthrax' 'Be All, End All'. Tsk Tsk Nergal, thought you could be a little more creative.
----
- George Carlin
26.11.2007 - 07:57
Oracle
Orcinus
I found another. the Start of Freedom Call's song 'Kings and Queens' and Ozzy's song 'Bark At The Moon' sound exactly the same as well. both songs just have that same riff which sounds the same but then it changes.
27.11.2007 - 06:45
Deathamphetamine
Account deleted
the intro riff to Laid to Rest by Lamb of God seems to rip off Into the Pit by Testament (I'm not sure if that was mentioned yet or not).
27.11.2007 - 07:51
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
One of the most puzzling cases of a band 'stealing' something from another band is Anathema's "Eternity pt1" being so damn similar to Secret Discovery's "Flowers And Dust". Anathema is usually a very original and unique band so the similarity of these two songs is weird as hell.
27.11.2007 - 10:20
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Ive got quite a few of them:

Pagan's Mind - The Prophecy Of Pleiades is an identical tune to Dream Theater - Learning To Live

Astarte - Mutter Astarte is an identical tune to Therion - Invocation of Naamah

Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire has a SIMILAR intro, not the same, as Ozzy Osbourne - Goodbye To Romance

There is a rap song too, not sure the title, has the Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train theme.
27.11.2007 - 11:11
Jewel Throne
Account deleted
How's this for an embarrassing first post, knowing the answer to this. The rap song in question is Twista - Let's Go, and it does use the Crazy Train theme. However as it also includes clips of Ozzy laughing I would imagine full rights etc, have been paid for the usage of the music.