Metal Storm logo
Edguy - Tracklist Of The New Album

Edguy have just revealed the track list of their new album "Tinnitus Sanctus" which will be released on November 14th.
The song titles read as follows:

01. Ministry Of Saints
02. Sex Fire Religion
03. The Pride Of Creation
04. Nine Lives
05. Wake Up Dreaming Black
06. Dragonfly
07. Thorn Without A Rose
08. 9-2-9
09. Speedhoven
10. Dead Or Rock
11. Aren't You A Little Pervert, Too?

Check out an e-card for "Tinnitus Sanctus" at this location.

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy
Posted: 27.09.2008 by Janne

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 107 users
27.09.2008 - 12:58
NaittsirK

...thats great...
----
Between two worlds I am quested not to be...
27.09.2008 - 13:11
insanity.peppers

can't wait
27.09.2008 - 13:11
SteTech

Typical Edguy tracklist, should be good
27.09.2008 - 13:46
watershed
Account deleted
can't wait to listen to it...very talented band...one of my favorites....KEEP UP THE GPPD WORK, GUYS!!!
27.09.2008 - 13:47
Janne
Hugin
is 9-2-9 typical? do somebody know what it is?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
27.09.2008 - 13:55
watershed
Account deleted
27.09.2008 - 14:40
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Anyone else noticing that love and sex more and more step into the focus of Tobias' lyrical work? I liked Edguy more when they had those old-school power metal lyrics.
----
27.09.2008 - 16:24
YoreLore

Hmmm I know its only a track list but I dont really like it lol. I thought with the new album name it was going to be a little bit like the old stuff, instead of the average Rocket Ride. With the new Avantasia album and the last Edguy album...its safe to say he is more into the hard rock and a little bit of heavy metal...shame since the old Edguy albums are incredible. Sex Fire Religion, Speedhoven, Dead or Rock and Aren't You A Little Pervert, Too? ? ??! Sigh
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
27.09.2008 - 16:34
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Absolutely...When I saw the coverwork, I really thought they'd dropped the lame clown-image, but appearantly that's not the case...They are extremely talented, no arguing here, but I really think Tobias is laying it all to waste...Their last two records are just...well, not serious...And I've seen them live, Tobias acts like a 9-year-old...They were a lot better in their early days, and after Mandrake they lost it for me...
27.09.2008 - 19:48
juanopereira

I'll wait to listen the tracks before saying something.
27.09.2008 - 20:21
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LOOLZ i might just get this album simply because of the last track. no just kidding i probably wont, rocket ride was awful.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.09.2008 - 23:43
Tursti

Same here, when I saw the artwork I was shocked, will this take Edguy back to its glory...? Buut, sex-songs (and expesially sex-titled songs!) are not the real Edguy, thats why I'm very disappointed. But still, last record was not "horrible", there was some good stuff indeed but too much mistakes too. And at the end, this does not chance anything, Im totally buying it when it comes out. Hopefully other songs will be something totally awesome...
28.09.2008 - 06:09
iMorphball

Written by Metal Maiden on 27.09.2008 at 16:34

Absolutely...When I saw the coverwork, I really thought they'd dropped the lame clown-image, but appearantly that's not the case...They are extremely talented, no arguing here, but I really think Tobias is laying it all to waste...Their last two records are just...well, not serious...And I've seen them live, Tobias acts like a 9-year-old...They were a lot better in their early days, and after Mandrake they lost it for me...

I wouldn't say Hellfire Club wasn't serious when it was their Heaviest album so far. That album had great songs. Rocket Ride was good but It wasnt that great at the same time. I know that TS will be good because Tobias seems to know what kind of music they want to play now. If its similar to Avantasia's The Scarecrow, Ill be prefectly happy!
28.09.2008 - 14:04
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by iMorphball on 28.09.2008 at 06:09

I wouldn't say Hellfire Club wasn't serious when it was their Heaviest album so far. That album had great songs. Rocket Ride was good but It wasnt that great at the same time. I know that TS will be good because Tobias seems to know what kind of music they want to play now. If its similar to Avantasia's The Scarecrow, Ill be prefectly happy!

I wouldn't. Classic Avantasia didn't sound like Edguy back then. And this time none of the other edguys (I love that abbreviation. Look into the booklet of Hammerfall's 'chapter V ...', they refer to them as 'the guys from ed' ) participated in it. So the sound was nowhere even near old Edguy quality Also if all of your projects sounded alike, why split them into different projects? I definitely expect edguy to sound like edguy once again. This tracklisting and the lyrics those titles suggest seem bad enough, so the least that should happen is this album sound like something between 'Hellfire Club' and 'Mandrake' (yes, Mandrake - it's not that bad, and together they'd make a hell of an album).
Hopefully we don't get disappointed another time...
----
28.09.2008 - 18:19
iMorphball

Written by corrupt on 28.09.2008 at 14:04

Written by iMorphball on 28.09.2008 at 06:09

I wouldn't. Classic Avantasia didn't sound like Edguy back then. And this time none of the other edguys (I love that abbreviation. Look into the booklet of Hammerfall's 'chapter V ...', they refer to them as 'the guys from ed' ) participated in it. So the sound was nowhere even near old Edguy quality Also if all of your projects sounded alike, why split them into different projects? I definitely expect edguy to sound like edguy once again. This tracklisting and the lyrics those titles suggest seem bad enough, so the least that should happen is this album sound like something between 'Hellfire Club' and 'Mandrake' (yes, Mandrake - it's not that bad, and together they'd make a hell of an album).
Hopefully we don't get disappointed another time...

I wasn't totally disappointed with Rocket Ride but I agree completely. Mandrake + Hellfire would make an amazing album, but I guess only time will tell us what Edguy plans to do.
29.09.2008 - 03:01
Baz Anderson

If you like "Rocket Ride" you will like this album, it is in the same vein. But I think this one is even weaker than that one still.

Hits total: 4209 | This month: 2