Bleak3
Other (there has to be others)2
The Lepper Affinity0
A Fair Judgment0

Total votes: 27

-DC-002-
Mastercommander

05.10.2008 at 13:33
I've seen Opeth live twice. their closers are always very strong and most of the time different. I was wondering what my fellow metalstormers favorite closer has been for the mighty band Opeth.
My Favorite has been Bleak. Its always been one of my favorite Opeth songs and it has good Ups and downs and showcases Opeth very well....:D
----
Coldgrits
Bad English
nobody

05.10.2008 at 13:37
This is for those who has seen band life, since I havnt seen it I cant judge, but I probobly want Demon Of The Dall, because its my fav Opeth song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Duy Hung
Account deleted
  05.10.2008 at 17:50
Written by Bad English on 05.10.2008 at 13:37

This is for those who has seen band life, since I havnt seen it I cant judge, but I probobly want Demon Of The Dall, because its my fav Opeth song

Me too! And i think they play that song for the encore quite regularly. A friend of mine went to see Opeth in Vancouver the other day and the very last song was actually Demon Of The Fall (and before that was Deliverance!)
Metal_Militia

05.10.2008 at 21:47
//They closed with Wreath when i saw them in May. It was an awesome closer. Great way to go out //
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

BloodTears
Stella Artois

08.10.2008 at 21:10
I think demon of the fall works pretty well. Deliverance also works pretty well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late

13.11.2008 at 04:02
Well when i saw opeth they played the drapery falls as a closer...that was good, a great end to an amazing night...the setlist was pretty fucking awesome, they played one song off every album
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
-Soulreaper-

13.11.2008 at 16:43
When I seen them in 2006 they closed with Deliverance and then came back out and played Blackwater Park. BP is a great song for them to close out with in my opinion. When I seen them last month they ended with Demon of the Fall, which is also a great song. Hell, they could close with any of their songs and it would still be fantastic.
Spliff
Account deleted
  18.02.2009 at 18:21
Blackwater Park is a phenomenal outro to a gig. Demon Of The Fall is fantastic, but I don't find it epic enough. Blackwater Park is just perfect, especially with that lyric at the end "The sun sets forever, over Blackwater Park". Stunning.
Andresopeth

29.07.2009 at 19:45
Deliverance because of its outro, but i would die to listen In Mist She Was Standing with its 3 last instrumental minutes closing a show. Another one could be Heir Apparent
TheBigRossowski
Dudeist Priest'

29.07.2009 at 21:37
This is quite a silly thread isn't it? Just seems rather pointless, but that's just like..uh, my opinion, man.

I've seen them three times in three years and I don't remember the closers of the first two shows, so I'd have to say Deliverance. In Wiesbaden, they played a loooong ass time it seemed like, but I wasn't ready for it to be over.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel

11.08.2009 at 23:45
I never really thought that Opeth would be good for a concert until I saw them and they blew me away.
SODOM666

24.08.2011 at 00:10
I'm seeing Opeth for the first time in a couple months so I can't say but on the list I would probably want them to close with Deliverance because of the hypnotic riff at the end. Not on the list I would love to hear In The Mist She Was Standing or Black Rose Immortal or When.
----
Wendy's frostys are "black metal."
Codera the Great
Account deleted
  26.02.2012 at 23:09
Demon of the Fall has been the traditional show closer for the band, and it's a great one. Gets energy pumping in the audience one last time, so that everyone feels energized and refreshed once they leave.
Sonic MrSumo

05.03.2012 at 23:37
I've seen them 4 times...don't they always close with Deliverance? They certainly do here in Australia!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
Infernal Eternal

02.06.2012 at 10:03
Blackwater Park or Demons of the Fall.
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Angry Chair

27.09.2012 at 03:41
Blackwater park as its my favorite song of all time, straight out masterpiece for me.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.