Metal Storm logo
Détente - Working On New Material

Reunited California-based metallers Détente ? featuring vocalist Ann Boleyn ( Hellion) and guitarist Michael Carlino ( Fear Of God) alongside original Détente members Dennis Butler (drums), Caleb Quinn (guitar) and Steve Hochheiser (bass) ? has issued the following short update:

"Détente will take a couple months off from playing live to focus on new material. The new material will be introduced in December at a Los Angeles show soon to be announced."

As posted on blabbermouth, Cognitive Records/MVD Entertainment Group has just released the "History I" CD containing the original four-song demo from Détente plus the demo from the post-Détente band Catalepsy. According to a press release, "The original [Détente] four-song demo recorded in 1985 generated such excitement in the extreme metal scene that [UK's] Kerrang! [magazine] called Détente the 'most promising band to emerge from the thrash genre.' Mastered and available for the first time this recording has been coupled with the [demo recording from the] post-Détente [band] Catalepsy. Catalepsy featured the Détente songwriting duo of Steve Hochheiser and Ross Robinson as well as Machine Head's Dave McClain on drums. Critics praised Catalepsy as one of the first progressive thrash bands and as the natural evolution of DétenteE."

"History I" CD track listing:

01. Holy War
02. Widow's Walk
03. Shattered Illusions
04. Vultures in the Sky
05. An Offering
06. Obituary Fear
07. Evil Within
08. Under the influence
09. Who Can You Trust?
10. Law and Disorder

Détente's classic album "Recognize No Authority" was reissued in July 2007 via MVD Audio.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Détente
Posted: 06.10.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 13 users
07.10.2008 - 03:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
OKay this line I don't comprehend "Détente's classic album "Recognize No Authority" was reissued in July 2007 via MVD Audio."
Cause I am sure it was re-released in either December 2006 or January 2007 by Cognitive Records (the same company that has just released the abovementioned History 1). I am sure of it since that is the re-release I reviewed for Metal Storm here: Recognize No Authority
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2008 - 04:38
Symmachus

First full-length studio album ever since 1986. A lot of bands have been releasing full-length albums after unusally long breaks from doing such this year. That's interesting.
07.10.2008 - 13:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Symmachus on 07.10.2008 at 04:38

First full-length studio album ever since 1986. A lot of bands have been releasing full-length albums after unusally long breaks from doing such this year. That's interesting.

Yeah, but I wouldn't really call the upcoming release a Détente review though. Becuase one of Détente's defining factors, namely the vocals of Dawn Crosby are missing. Vocals are now being handled by Ann Boleyn (formerly of Hellion) although I am sure Ann will do a fine job I for one will surely miss Dawn's vocals.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.10.2008 - 01:16
Symmachus

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2008 at 13:52

Written by Symmachus on 07.10.2008 at 04:38

Yeah, but I wouldn't really call the upcoming release a Détente review though. Becuase one of Détente's defining factors, namely the vocals of Dawn Crosby are missing. Vocals are now being handled by Ann Boleyn (formerly of Hellion) although I am sure Ann will do a fine job I for one will surely miss Dawn's vocals.

Hmm, I didn't realize when I was researching them that they had female vocalists. That's pretty cool. This news report is the reason why I first heard of the band, so they're kind of new to me.

Hits total: 2760 | This month: 6