Metal Storm logo
Corrupted

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 07.10.2008 - 20:05
Corrupted is, or should be, a household name for any fan of Sludge/Drone/Extreme Doom metal. Creating some of the heaviest music ever, mostly because of the unreal sledgehammer riffs, they are a treat for every one that craves underground sickeningly amazing music. But they are more than just sledgehammer riffs, their vocalist has an unmatched deep roar, shaking your very bones, and they always surprise. For example, they have used both harps and piano's in their maelstrom of sludge and not just as a gimmick but as real mood enhancers and integral parts of the music. "El Mundo Frio" is a perfect example of this, a journey where both heaven and hell are visited multiple times. "Llenandose De Gusanos" also comes to mind with its epic heaven vs hell - the fall of the Beast atmosphere.

They've been around since 1994 and have released four full-lengths, of which I own the last three and should receive the other one in a week or three. Besides the full-lengths they have released a lot of hard/impossible-to-find splits and ep's, of which I have heard none. But at this point, I can assure you the last three full-lengths are all pure gold. If you want to read a review, you can. There's a "El Mundo Frio" review here, and a "Se Hace Por Los Suenos Asesinos" review here. A review for "Llenandose De Gusanos" should be on its way.

Did I mention this band is slowly becoming one of my favourites? Surely, their songs are always very long, but in my experience they are always rewarding. So here is their official topic!

SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH.
23.11.2010 - 20:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
It isn't on their official website and official myspace though.
And to be honest I have seen loads of incorrect info pop up on MA. especially concerning line-ups (ex_members especially) and discographies (stating stuff to be demos or live recordings when in fact they are non authorized bootlegs)
latest case in point being While Heaven Wept where it says the live dvd is separate from the cd and it says the vinyl and cd of that same gig are released by High Roller. Where in fact the vintyl is released by vinyl only label High Roller and the cd/dvd by Cruz Del Sur. There simply is no separate live cd and separat live dvd. Maybe later during a second pressing but not now.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2010 - 21:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I refuse to believe Hevi left the band. They better release new stuff soon.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.11.2010 - 05:04
obliscence

I speak with Hevi occasionally and he is in fact out of the band, though he did record tracks for the new album. He was not certain whethere they will keep his tracks or replace them with the new singer though. It seems he is out of touch with the guys in the band since leaving. Also, Corrupted recently played a show without drums or vocals when Laudanum was on their recent tour in Japan because Chew and the new vocalist could not make it, but they didn't want to show disrespect and cancel the gig. I wish someone could have taped that! Anyway, no idea when this album is coming out, but it is recorded...
25.11.2010 - 11:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.08.2011 - 05:25
spirit_inblack
harshhead
New album, "Garten Der Unbewusstheit," is out apparently. Cannot wait to hear it.
23.08.2011 - 18:46
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by spirit_inblack on 23.08.2011 at 05:25

New album, "Garten Der Unbewusstheit," is out apparently. Cannot wait to hear it.

Awesome ! . but without Hevi this will be different
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
23.08.2011 - 19:32
(((O)))

Written by InnerSelf on 23.08.2011 at 18:46

Written by spirit_inblack on 23.08.2011 at 05:25

Awesome ! . but without Hevi this will be different
The album was recorded before Hevi left so he still does the monstrous vocals on this one.

EDIT: ..however this will be the last Corrupted recording with Hevi (apparently he is into cosplay and manga now!)
23.08.2011 - 19:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by (((O))) on 23.08.2011 at 19:32

Hevi (apparently he is into cosplay and manga now!

I can't find any word that describes how dissapointed I am about that man.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.08.2011 - 19:57
(((O)))

Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.08.2011 at 19:51

Hevi (apparently he is into cosplay and manga now!

I can't find any word that describes how dissapointed I am about that man.

He is starting up a cosplay website, I think there is a picture of him wearing a pirate costume but I can't find it now.
23.08.2011 - 23:29
InnerSelf
proofread free

The album was recorded before Hevi left so he still does the monstrous vocals on this one.

EDIT: ..however this will be the last Corrupted recording with Hevi (apparently he is into cosplay and manga now!)

How does a man turn from being the lead vocalist of one of the most extreme bands ever to csoplay ?
but glad to know that he did the vocals in this
----
is not bold enough
24.08.2011 - 11:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by InnerSelf on 23.08.2011 at 23:29

How does a man turn from being the lead vocalist of one of the most extreme bands ever to csoplay ?

By being a typical Japanese guy
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.08.2011 - 11:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.08.2011 at 11:38

Hhahahahahahahahhaha Nice one
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.08.2011 - 16:33
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.08.2011 at 11:38

hahaha
----
is not bold enough
28.09.2011 - 22:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Time to talk Corrupted! Anybody heard the new album? I ordered it, no idea if it's actually released already, but I don't care. I want it. Bad.

Anybody knows what's up with the song titles? Metal Archives says one of the songs is called "Gekkou No Daichi", but they already had a song like that on Se Hace... ? Except this one is twice is long? Anybody with any info?
----

28.09.2011 - 22:34
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Lucas on 28.09.2011 at 22:07

Time to talk Corrupted! Anybody heard the new album? I ordered it, no idea if it's actually released already, but I don't care. I want it. Bad.

Anybody knows what's up with the song titles? Metal Archives says one of the songs is called "Gekkou No Daichi", but they already had a song like that on Se Hace... ? Except this one is twice is long? Anybody with any info?

The new album KILLS, really it has the same intensity that was always present in their albums but now it is more mellow and somehow tragic "but not in a MDB cheesy way" and it has the basic Corrupted elements and themes but somehow it is totally different. I can't tell how exited I am about right now
----
is not bold enough
28.09.2011 - 23:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'm going to love it, I know it.
----

28.09.2011 - 23:31
Slayer666

Written by InnerSelf on 28.09.2011 at 22:34

The new album KILLS, really it has the same intensity that was always present in their albums but now it is more mellow and somehow tragic "but not in a MDB cheesy way" and it has the basic Corrupted elements and themes but somehow it is totally different. I can't tell how exited I am about right now

Damn, you left me with zero valid reasons not to check the album. My attention span is a tad short these days, so I doubted I would have the patience for the gigantic tracks, but you convinced me here.
29.09.2011 - 00:43
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Slayer666 on 28.09.2011 at 23:31

Damn, you left me with zero valid reasons not to check the album. My attention span is a tad short these days, so I doubted I would have the patience for the gigantic tracks, but you convinced me here.

You should , you definitely should . the songs "as usual" tend to take a little long time to hit the heavy parts but they manage to keep their build ups interesting
----
is not bold enough
29.09.2011 - 11:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

It's been released a couple of weeks ago. I already have it for a couple of weeks now.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.09.2011 - 11:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Oh I heard it was out, but couldnt find it anywhere. Ordered it from psychedoomelic, so should be here soon?
----

29.09.2011 - 12:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 29.09.2011 at 11:50

Oh I heard it was out, but couldnt find it anywhere. Ordered it from psychedoomelic, so should be here soon?

When did you order? And how many items?

It can take from 3 to 7 days for it to arrive.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.09.2011 - 13:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yesterday, one. It'll be delivered at my parents anyway, so I expect to have it within two weeks. Gonna be great.

But can anyone answer my question concerning one of the track titles? According to MA one of the songs is called, "Gekkou No Daichi", which is also a song on "Se Hace...". Are they similar? One is 17 mins., this one is supposedly half an hour. Anybody?
----

29.09.2011 - 23:09
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Lucas on 29.09.2011 at 13:15

But can anyone answer my question concerning one of the track titles? According to MA one of the songs is called, "Gekkou No Daichi", which is also a song on "Se Hace...". Are they similar? One is 17 mins., this one is supposedly half an hour. Anybody?

Yes , it is the third track but it is not the same song and it doesn't have any similarities musically so I don't know what was going through their mind.
----
is not bold enough
07.07.2012 - 03:08
InnerSelf
proofread free
I youtubed Corrupted and got some nice results
A good review of their latest album (which I totally love)

And a couple of good quality live vids of them playing El Mundo Frio

I'm really happy right now
----
is not bold enough
01.03.2014 - 21:03
InnerSelf
proofread free
Was in the Corrupted mode today and after listening to Garten Der Unbewusstheit and Se Hace Por Los Suenos Asesinos I googled them hoping for some news and came by this freaky thing (a collaboration between Corrupted and Asunder). I still haven't listened to it but I think it's going to be monstrous judging by the names!
----
is not bold enough