Metal Storm logo
Satyricon - Streaming Upcoming Single, Video Online

Original news, posted on 08.10.2008

Satyricon have made their upcoming single "Black Crow On A Tombstone" (which will be released on the 20th October) available for your listening pleasure, at this location (check it out in the player below that page).

The single is the first off the upcoming album "The Age Of Nero" which will be released on the 3rd November. All info about the album here.

UPDATE (thanks to ArtiA)

"Black Crow On A Tombstone", the new video from Satyricon can now be viewed at this location. The band also posted a "The Age Of Nero" song-by-song video online, which can be watched at the same location.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Satyricon
Posted: 12.11.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 132 users
08.10.2008 - 16:28
Judas
The Amputator
Not bad, not bad, slightly repetitive, but on the whole it was rather palatable. Of course, people who just want Satyricon to rehash what they did in their first three albums will be disappointed, but I can deal with this, bring on the full thing...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
08.10.2008 - 16:38
Vermin

I kinda accepted Volcano and Now, Diabolical for what they where, both enjoyable and technically competent albums. But this is just bland and uninteresting. Seems like they're running out of good riffs, and are now using the ones which didn't make it on the earlier albums. I'm not keeping my hopes up for this one.
08.10.2008 - 16:50
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
The songs kinda boring whether or not you only like the old Satyricon or not. I could see this song being good live though
----
Coldgrits
08.10.2008 - 16:54
VPeter

God awfull crap by Shityricon once again, totaly no hope for the new album.
08.10.2008 - 17:32
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
In the same vein of their previous stuff. I'm curious to listen to the whole new album.
08.10.2008 - 18:30
Slyfang

i'm getting the feeling that they were inspired by their own song 'Black Lava' for the entire album.. nice riffs, doomy premise, but all in a vein of absolute indifference
08.10.2008 - 23:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
this has promise. its not really a bad song, waaaay better than K.I.N.G., just not the satyricon i know and love.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.10.2008 - 00:11
ß
Problem?
Kind of boring but could be a lot worse.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
09.10.2008 - 01:33
kaylamacgavin

I never had much hope for this album or the future of satyricon . . the songs really boring, same for the lyrics. But I'm not surprised.
Only if they could revive their sound from the first three albums
09.10.2008 - 08:00
Marilin
Account deleted
Argh, get over this- they wont sound like their earliest stuff anymore! Every band needs to develop and bring up some new elements. Satyricon for this matter has surely taken a huge leap, entertaining the music fans who are above common BM and look for some new and exciting approaching to the music.
09.10.2008 - 19:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by kaylamacgavin on 09.10.2008 at 01:33

I never had much hope for this album or the future of satyricon . . the songs really boring, same for the lyrics. But I'm not surprised.
Only if they could revive their sound from the first three albums

I catually find the first the old Satyricon albums the most overrated black metal albums ever. They only started getting interesting and good with Nemeisis Divina. And at least they have the guts to develop their sound into a fresher more biting sound.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.11.2008 - 02:05
-Soulreaper-

I actually really like that song Black Crows On The Tombstone. The song is very catchy. But does Satyr look like Jim Carrey to anyone else since he has cut his hair?
13.11.2008 - 05:08
xdissectionx

Whether you like old or new satyr, you will find this album a boring waste of time. half of the problem is the boring production, the other half the lack of any good riffs, melodies or anything good.
----
13.11.2008 - 11:28
Martinikuss

Sweet
13.11.2008 - 11:36
DanielViking

I like the video and the album... the wolfpack is a great track... and the video focus very well frost having a good time rocking!
13.11.2008 - 15:00
mara

I like video and music but satyr... i don't know.. he just look so gay with this haircut =/
14.11.2008 - 10:09
kaylamacgavin

BORING
14.11.2008 - 15:36
FOOCK Nam

Boring song.

Hits total: 4853 | This month: 2