Joey Jordison - Slipknot
Dirk Verbeuren - Soilwork
Michael Thomas - Bullet For My Valentine
John Boecklin - DevilDriver

Total votes: 247
11.10.2008 - 04:22
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Personally i think that Fredrik Andersson from Amon Amarth is the best overall. some of his best songs areValhal Awaits Me, Twilight Of The Thunder Gods or Cry Of The Blackbirds. but the others Like Joey or Michael Thomas and dirk are really good as well. if you think that another drummer is better than the others here then please add them.
11.10.2008 - 05:42
Branzig

Is this DejaVu or something? I swear I just answered this same question like a couple days ago...maybe the thread got deleted and maker had to repost. Anyways, much like the other post, I don't care for any of those drummers, so I vote other with Neil Peart as my #1, and post my top 3 for everyone else to enjoy.

1. Neil Peart: Rush

2. Kjetil-Vidar Haraldstad (Frost): Satyricon & 1349

3. Jan Axel Blomberg (Hellhammer): Mayhem
----
In Grind We Crust
11.10.2008 - 13:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had seen such poll, sorry there no sence at all put all bands what you like and talk about drummers
Sorry Bullet for my valantine and Amon Amarth, Its ridiciluss, so I wont vote but I like Lars , Nicko and Fredric, because other bands totaly sucks from list and other optin, if I wont be lazy I just post some drummers about waht you never had hear who's much better how others
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2008 - 14:05
Nightmare^

You must be joking. Most of these bands suck and the drummers are just simple "drum players". Get serious. Talking about REAL drummers, i'd vote for Hellhammer or Trym Torson for example. They are amazing.

PS. i also think that such a poll has been here before
----
11.10.2008 - 14:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
1. Lar$ shouldn't be here
2. Fredrik Andersson uses way too much constant double bass
3. Nicko McBrain never plays double bass

so that makes them BAD overall drummers. how about Portnoy?
11.10.2008 - 14:27
routa
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 11.10.2008 at 14:24

Bad overall drummer for not playing double bass? Riiight.
11.10.2008 - 15:24
Elio
Red Nightmare
Hellhammer and Lombardo are the first two that come to my mind. Btw this is the second best drummer thread.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.10.2008 - 17:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Damn... there a LOT of drummers that kick the shit out of the ones here.
I really like Martin Lopez style, unfortunately he's not with Opeth anymore... His style was really awesome for the band.

Brian Harvey from Pig Destroyer also is an awesome drummers, you forget that the band doesn't have a bass thanks to him.

Igor Cavalera also has a really special style, it's like a heart beating... really savage sound IMO.

I think I can say way more drummers, but this ones are my favorites atm.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.10.2008 - 18:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.10.2008 at 17:38

Damn... there a LOT of drummers that kick the shit out of the ones here.
I really like Martin Lopez style, unfortunately he's not with Opeth anymore... His style was really awesome for the band.

Yeah too bad he's not with them anymore
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.10.2008 - 18:24
Hamird
Lieutenant
I have said once about my favorite drummers.. But it seems that topic has been deleted.
Sorted by my level of interest:

Bard G. "Faust" Eithun (ex-Emperor, Aborym, Blood Tsunami): I think he has both speed and talent!! I enjoy his style when he is playing!!

Dave Grohl (Nirvana): He is my favorite, because of his great performances in Nirvana. He was too much for Rock music. You rarely can see such a drummer in Rock music. Just listen to Breed to understand what I say.

Raymond Herrera (Fear Factory): He is just great. He act like a machine.. First time I listened to Fear Factory was their song called Hunter Killer, the drums kicked my head.. His performance is very nice.

Iggor Cavalera (ex-Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy): I think in early 90's he was one of the best drummers in Metal. I like his performance in Arise, fast and genius!

I've also said in that topic that I wonder that who will vote for Lars Ulrich
11.10.2008 - 19:08
Branzig

Written by Hamird on 11.10.2008 at 18:24

I have said once about my favorite drummers.. But it seems that topic has been deleted.

Bard G. "Faust" Eithun (ex-Emperor, Aborym, Blood Tsunami): I think he has both speed and talent!! I enjoy his style when he is playing!!

Dave Grohl (Nirvana): He is my favorite, because of his great performances in Nirvana. He was too much for Rock music. You rarely can see such a drummer in Rock music. Just listen to Breed to understand what I say.

Raymond Herrera (Fear Factory): He is just great. He act like a machine.. First time I listened to Fear Factory was their song called Hunter Killer, the drums kicked my head.. His performance is very nice.

Iggor Cavalera (ex-Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy): I think in early 90's he was one of the best drummers in Metal. I like his performance in Arise, fast and genius!

I totally forgot about Bard G. "Faust" Eithun. Excellen drummer! I should of made a top four drummers and stuck him on there, or a top 5 would of made more sense, then I could put Dave Lombardo on there too
----
In Grind We Crust
11.10.2008 - 19:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nightmare^ on 11.10.2008 at 14:05

You must be joking. Most of these bands suck and the drummers are just simple "drum players". Get serious. Talking about REAL drummers, i'd vote for Hellhammer or Trym Torson for example. They are amazing.

PS. i also think that such a poll has been here before

I know man thaya re just drummer and man who dont put RUSCH drumme rin list dont even know how looks drums and what is drums
----

apos;'
[image]
11.10.2008 - 19:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 11.10.2008 at 14:27

Written by Valentin B on 11.10.2008 at 14:24

Bad overall drummer for not playing double bass? Riiight.

what? if you're a good overall drummer, you need to be good at everything. never play double bass? less points.

and this is coming from an Iron Maiden fan, Nicko isn't really that impressive in the first place.
12.10.2008 - 02:32
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Im a huge fan of Thomas Haake of Meshuggah...hes fuckin rediculous. better than any of the ones mentioned in the poll anyway...
12.10.2008 - 03:36
GodlessOne

where the hell is niles drummer george kollias cant believe he was missed
----
Sometimes I stay awake waiting for somthing and realize its time to rest..., - Chase Srozinski
12.10.2008 - 06:47
Demonmayonnaise

I voted other. My favorite drummers are:
Dave Lombardo
Gene Hoglan
Iggor Cavalera
Paul Bostaph
Tom Hunting
Charlie Benante
Thats in no particular order, but I think these guys murder everyone on the list
12.10.2008 - 07:25
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Rick Allen is twice as good as anyone on that list with half the arms...

"other"
Any of these guys: (check links if you want to see why)

Mike Mangini, Frost, Nicholas Barker, Flo Mounier, Hellhammer, Inferno, John Tempesta, Charlie Benante, Dave Lombardo, Pete Sandoval, George Kollias, Reno Kiilerich, Marco Pitruzzella, Derek Roddy, Yanic Bercier, Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, Sean Reinert, Gene Hoglan, Morgan Ågren, Danny Carey

Written by Guest on 12.10.2008 at 02:32

Im a huge fan of Thomas Haake of Meshuggah...hes fuckin rediculous. better than any of the ones mentioned in the poll anyway...

Congrats on 666 posts my friend...
I love Thomas Haake too...
12.10.2008 - 20:42
Charly546

"other" definitely. Although, Nicko McBrain is the best on the list. He has some really nice beats in Iron Maiden's songs and does not resort to mindless double-bass wankery.

But overall best... I'd go for Cozy Powell or Neil Peart. Cozy puts some serious power into his (skillful) playing (Rainbow - Stargazer), he has also played with very many really good musicians (Emerson, Lake, Blackmore to just name a very few).

Neil on the other hand puts a lot of skill into use to create something really awesome. Also the use of xylophone and other things not usually seen in a drum kit add a lot of diversity to his playing.

I really can't deicide between those two... But since they both fall under the "other" option, I don't have to.
13.10.2008 - 05:22
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 11.10.2008 at 18:24

yeah i kinda forgot them when i made the poll but i like Dave Grohl and Iggor (especially in Cavalera Conspiracy)
13.10.2008 - 09:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 12.10.2008 at 06:47

I voted other. My favorite drummers are:

Charlie Benante
Thats in no particular order, but I think these guys murder everyone on the list

just watched Calitos Way whit Al Pacino, yeah Carlitos benante, are thay cousins

But IMO he is simple drummer, because Anthrasx, thay was band in past nowdays, every emo band drummer can be in nowdays anthrax
----

apos;'
[image]
14.10.2008 - 02:13
Demonmayonnaise

I wasnt talking about nowadays anthrax.
14.10.2008 - 06:05
TEXASTHUNDER

Best drummer? Duh...Neal Peart of RUSH. Hands down. It's not how fast you are that makes you a good drummer. Tommy Aldridge gets honorable mention.
14.10.2008 - 09:18
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I've voted for Fredrik. But I must add Mike Portnoy to the list. He's a damn great drummer he deserves to be in this poll.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.10.2008 - 10:30
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
so many to choose from, but im currently in to suffocation, and the drums in infecting the crypts are so brutal, so its hard to pass mike smith...

however, itll change over time...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
14.10.2008 - 11:41
Demon Warrior
Account deleted
I voted for Joey, because I like his style of playing, yeah there are better drummers out there in other metal bands, like Iggor Cavelera from Cavelera Conspiracy, but Joey is my favorite.
16.10.2008 - 06:44
Barbaydos
Account deleted
i think that joey is a good drummer becuase he can do many kinds of styles of drumming, while Iggor is also really good but is a bit faster and has a deeper sound, im not a big fan of sepultura or CC tho. two other good drummers i like is Tony Chappel and Mike Mangini who have btoh played on annihilator.
16.10.2008 - 14:27
Yossarian

Lombardo
16.10.2008 - 19:39
HugeTheConqeror

This one is a no-brainer for me - Neil Peart from Rush. He plays with finesse, rather that sheer ferocity. His playing, even without any other instrumental, is melodic.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
16.10.2008 - 20:14
VPeter

Putting Lars Ulrich in the poll is a insult to all drummers out there. And guys, Joey isn't that bad of a drummer he is actually quite good and probably the only one with talent in Slipknot.
17.10.2008 - 00:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 16.10.2008 at 20:14

...And guys, Joey isn't that bad of a drummer he is actually quite good and probably the only one with talent in Slipknot.

Exactly. I totally don't Slipknot at all but Joey is a GOOD drummer, why else did he fill in Satyricon & Slayer? Not because he is bad. He is way better than most overrated death metal drummer swho can only drum one style.

Actually out of the drummers mentioned in this poll I would say Dirk Verbeuren is the best closely followed by Joey Jordison. The rest don't even come close.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996