Metal Storm logo
Paganfest II. European/American Tour Possibilitiies

14.10.2008 - 14:43
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
The Next Paganfest is bound to happen. The first one did very well both in Europe and America. I've heard somewhere that Unleashed will be headlining Paganfest II.
What I want to know is what bands you think should be on the bill both for the European and American sides of the tour.

I think they should keep a tradition of bringing a lesser known band along at least for the U.S. and Canada tours like how Tyr was there

Headlining possibilities: Unleashed, Enslaved, Finntroll, Amon Amarth, Turisas, Ensiferum, and maybe Wintersun (unlikely)...

Main Support Possibilities: Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Equilibrium, Turisas, Wintersun, Eluveitie, Tyr...

Support: Thyrfing, Primordial, Tyr, Elvenking, Korpiklaani, Equilibrium...
----
Coldgrits
15.10.2008 - 18:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I think another Ensiferum-Turisas-Eluveitie line-up would be by far the best. Personally I have a feeling its going to be Amon Amarth-Equilibrium-Tyr. Amon Amarth seem to be on a non-stop tour, Equilibrium seems to be stirring up a lot of attention lately and Tyr just seems like an obvious choice, I think Primordial being thrown in could be very likely.

Now I wait and see how my predictions pan out.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.10.2008 - 19:07
Janne
Hugin
it'd be great to see Wintersun and Amon Amarth or Ensiferum and Moonsorrow again!
anyway I can see the others other tours this year or next february.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.10.2008 - 19:55
MetalSpider

To see any of those bands would be awesome! I love them all (havent really heard much of Korpikilanni though).

Unfortunately Im missing Amon Amarth and Ensiferum which fucking sucks. Hopefully they both come back soon. Moonsorrow is coming to Toronto soon so I will definitely try and see them again...although it would be nice to see them on a big stage. I missed the last Paganfest. Hopefully if they do it again, I'll actually be able to go.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
16.10.2008 - 00:41
ß
Problem?
I wouldn't mind seeing any of the bands mentioned there with the exception of like one or two. But one band I really want to see is Eluveitie because they were unable to get into Canada for the last PaganFest and I was really pissed about that considering I was looking forward to them the most.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
16.10.2008 - 00:58
Frija

All of the bands mentioned would be awesome. I think it would be GREAT if Wintersun came along, though that'd be pretty unlikely, it seems. I think Unleashed was confirmed to headline, but Ensiferum, Turisas, Eluveitie, and Amon Amarth would be the best IMO.
18.12.2008 - 20:48
VPeter

Aw crap Primordial is added to the USA line up, I hope they won't be on the European part. Altough Eluveitie and Moonsorrow are great I prefer some more unkown bands like Arkona and Asmegin ans Svartsot, they also deserve to shine!
18.12.2008 - 22:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 18.12.2008 at 20:48

Aw crap Primordial is added to the USA line up, I hope they won't be on the European part. Altough Eluveitie and Moonsorrow are great I prefer some more unkown bands like Arkona and Asmegin ans Svartsot, they also deserve to shine!

Primordial I far superior to all the other bands on the line-up, although I like Moonsorrow a lot. But I now you disagree with me on that one
Primoridal is just so much more emotional than the other bands on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.12.2008 - 12:44
VPeter

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.12.2008 at 22:27

Written by VPeter on 18.12.2008 at 20:48

Primordial I far superior to all the other bands on the line-up, although I like Moonsorrow a lot. But I now you disagree with me on that one
Primoridal is just so much more emotional than the other bands on it.

Yeah I know I sound like a broken record but to be honest I don't find early Primordial that bad, the debut and A Journey's End are good albums. I just find To The Nameless Dead awful, it's full of those whiny vocals and the riffs are weak and so many other problems. So tell me Marcel where do you see the emotion in Primordial? Because to me there emotional vocals are just as campy and fake as any generic European power metal band. I doubt they will get more promotion with paganfest tough, they were already badly received by the crowd on Heidenfest, but the fans still enjoy it.
20.12.2008 - 08:50
mortjoyeux

DO WANT MOONSORROW!!
This would be the best, seeing as I missed paganfest last year.
20.12.2008 - 09:15
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
The new line up for Paganfest II US according to an update on Myspace.

Headliners. Korpiklaani. Great surprise headliners. I've been waiting to see them.

Main Support. Eluveitie. UGH, I was never the biggest fan of this band,
Primordial. Sucks their not headlining but at least their there. Primordial is going to be great
Moonsorrow. I've liked what I've heard of Moonsorrow and am looking forward to seeing them

Support. Blackgaurd. I really don't give a shit about these guys. its just generic folk metal
Swashbuckle. Pirate themed Death/Thrash!? sounds like it could be pretty cool... or suck horribly

apparently its going to start in April of 09 so YAY
----
Coldgrits
20.12.2008 - 09:24
mortjoyeux

That will be awesome, birthday in that month too. I agree with pretty much everything you have to say about the bands you mentioned though haha.
I'd only attend for moonsorrow and primordial I think tbh.
20.12.2008 - 09:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by -DC-002- on 20.12.2008 at 09:15

The new line up for Paganfest II US according to an update on Myspace.

Headliners. Korpiklaani. Great surprise headliners. I've been waiting to see them.

Main Support. Eluveitie. UGH, I was never the biggest fan of this band,
Primordial. Sucks their not headlining but at least their there. Primordial is going to be great
Moonsorrow. I've liked what I've heard of Moonsorrow and am looking forward to seeing them

Support. Blackgaurd. I really don't give a shit about these guys. its just generic folk metal
Swashbuckle. Pirate themed Death/Thrash!? sounds like it could be pretty cool... or suck horribly

apparently its going to start in April of 09 so YAY

I gotta admit that line up really fucking sucks. Korpiklaani sounded pretty bad live when I saw them, even some of my friends who are big fans of the band talked about how badly they screwed up a lot of songs. Eluveitie is pretty decent but should not be main support, especially ahead of Primordial. Last years was much better (Ensiferum, Turisas, Tyr and Eluveitie opening - and Suidakra on some dates if my memory recalls correctly).
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.12.2008 - 19:00
ß
Problem?
The lineup isn't very strong at all if you ask me. Korpiklaani is good and all but they definitely shouldn't be headlining. Out of the bands mentioned the ones that should be headlining be either Moonsorrow or Primordial but of course that's my opinion. I checked out a few samples of Swashbuckle on their Myspace it's just basically generic folk metal what a surprise. Blackguard are fairly good I totally forgot that their name used to be called Profugus Mortis
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
30.12.2008 - 15:45
Janne
Hugin
Is there any news about European Paganfest 2?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
04.04.2009 - 12:00
Janne
Hugin
At last some news about the European Paganfest II. !!!
Korpiklaani will headline and Alestorm and Die Apokalyptischen Reiter are already confirmed!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
05.04.2009 - 10:37
VPeter

Ugh Alestorm, o well hopefully Primordial won't come. And I hope at least Arkona will come along this time.