Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - New Video Online

Behemoth's recently filmed video for the song "Inner Sanctum" can be viewed here. The clip was shot with director Mateusz "Mania" Winkiel.

Commented by the band's mainman Nergal: "What's up everybody! Here we finally come with our brand new video? surprised? I fuckin' hope so. I'm still blown away by the effect myself. Why? Coz it looks like NOTHING I've ever seen in the metal genre. Lately it felt like we've pretty much explored every territory in the world of music videos, especially with our last clip for "At The Left Hand Ov God". This time we took completely opposite artistic approach? we went black and white, absolutely no effects, analogue film tape? and something we're doing for the first time ever: acting. I truly believe this bizarre video will show you a little bit different aspect of Behemoth's complex nature. Watch and enjoy!"

Source: regainrecords.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 15.10.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 204 users
15.10.2008 - 15:48
NaittsirK

At The Left Hand Ov God was my favorite .....up till now...this video is just indomitable!
----
Between two worlds I am quested not to be...
15.10.2008 - 16:57
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
best clip in Behemoth's history. but still not that big deal, worse than ''At The Left Hand Ov God'' and ten times better than ''Conquer All''.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
15.10.2008 - 17:52
thesabbathfan

whew.... thats a pretty powerful video...
----
15.10.2008 - 18:46
King Bonzo

one of best songs from apostasy imo, don't care for the video. Never really got music videos that try and tell a story, no need, just put the band in a fucking garage or something and have them play to song , that'll do.
15.10.2008 - 18:47
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Uirapuru on 15.10.2008 at 16:57

best clip in Behemoth's history. but still not that big deal, worse than ''At The Left Hand Ov God'' and ten times better than ''Conquer All''.

How can it be their best clip, and still worse than another of their clips?

I think it's really cool, although the song is one of the worse on the album, I don't think Warrel Dane's voice fits with their concept at all (even though I love Nevermore).
15.10.2008 - 19:11
VaFaan
Account deleted
I really love this
15.10.2008 - 20:15
Carrion Misery

This video is a very interesting take on Inner Sanctum. I did not expect this video at all. It might be boring at first. Just like their music, if you aren't a fan, you most likely won't enjoy them instantly. You just have to study it a little bit. I like the ominous tone it brings and the open ended story it leaves you.

Written by Spyroid on 15.10.2008 at 18:47

I think it's really cool, although the song is one of the worse on the album, I don't think Warrel Dane's voice fits with their concept at all (even though I love Nevermore).

To me, Nevermore and Behemoth are roughly in the same part of the metal spectrum. Besides the live attire, both bands share many similar traits. Their music is heavy, progressive, very dark and very precise. Both bands talk about what scum the human race is. I felt Warrel Dane's vocals really brought an eerie aspect to Inner Sanctum due to the fact that his vocals are usually on similar toned songs. They could definitely go on tour together and neither band would overshadow the other or look like a mitch match line up.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
15.10.2008 - 20:57
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
good video, At The Left Hand Of God was better though I thought.
16.10.2008 - 00:35
ß
Problem?
Fairly good video.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
16.10.2008 - 00:38
a MasT

Didn't really enjoy it, personally. I could have just done with an awesome performance.
16.10.2008 - 00:40
a MasT

I agree I don't like Warrel Dane+ Behemoth at all, there stuff just needs a grunt IMO
16.10.2008 - 01:24
Uirapuru
Liver Failure

pfff you're right.. it was an unintentional contradiction.. ''At the hand ov god'' is a better clip in my opinion, ''Inner sanctum'' is a better song.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
16.10.2008 - 01:31
DoomGuard

its okay...i didnt get the video...some of ya'll might call me 'primitive' but i really don't think music videos are supposed to get you thinking...their entertainment in my eyes...
16.10.2008 - 01:44
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Im another who prefers just a band playing instruments for videos. Some can be cool... but its not about the music.
It was an alright video, but i didnt really get it either. Something about being possessed? Not very interesting.
16.10.2008 - 04:00
Gigginova
Account deleted
wow......I hate the song.
parts of it were good, but it's damn boring compared to what they're capable of
16.10.2008 - 07:09
Alfgart

At the Left Hand ov God is the best metal video I have ever seen. But this video and song are boring as hell, mostly because of those sucky Nevermore influences.
16.10.2008 - 09:09
Murder

good video... but I think At the left hand ov God is better!
16.10.2008 - 09:32
TheBigRossowski

It is okay, but definitely a bit different. Reminds me of Darkthrone's first video recording trees and shit. At The Left Hand Ov God was a thousand times better and more Behemoth.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
16.10.2008 - 22:58
deathovertime
Account deleted
Well it's interesting, I'll give it that. Quite surprised Nergal only has about a one second part in the entire video, but he was right, it definitely isn't something they've ever done before.

Hits total: 3584 | This month: 5