Metal Storm logo
Exodus - Two Re-Recorded Songs Online

Exodus have posted the re-recorded versions of "Metal Command" and "A Lesson In Violence" online at their official Myspace. The songs come from the bands new album "Let There Be Blood" which is a re-recording of the bands classic 1985 debut album, "Bonded By Blood." The album will be released on October 28th.

Produced by guitarist Gary Holt, the new "Let There Be Blood" CD was recorded at Sharkbite Studios in Oakland, California; JKZ Production Studio in San Rafael, California; with vocal tracks recorded at J. Rod Production Studios in New City, New York. Andy Sneap is currently mixing the CD at his Backstage studio in Derbyshire, England. An October 2008 release through Zaentz Records is expected.

Exodus vocalist Rob Dukes released the following statement to regarding the band's decision to re-record "Bonded by Blood":

"Paul [Baloff, former Exodus vocalist who passed away in 2002] was rad, totally original. He was not like [ Metallica's James] Hetfield or [ Slayer's Tom] Araya. I think at times he wanted to be but he was simply himself. He had a really cool way of going up with his voice in the weirdest spots. I, myself, find it cool and original.

I have been singing these songs regularly for three years now and I have totally made them my own but with all the nuances that Paul threw in. I have a different voice than Paul, so it would be kinda stupid to just mimic him, but I definitely bite his style but try to remain myself.

This record is a total homage to him with modern technology and for fun. If he was around, which it is unfortunate that he not, he would be doing this record.

My life is cool now, but it was cool before I joined Exodus; I made good money had a great apartment in L.A. and I traveled everywhere and surfed regularly.

Honestly, I would rather hear Paul re-record this.

I will give these songs all the venom and hate I can give, and it's all for the love I have for these songs and this band. If those out there don't like it, and think it's not good, listen to the original ? it will always stand the test of time."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Exodus
Posted: 16.10.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 61 users
16.10.2008 - 17:58
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I think its a good homage for Baloff. The Recordings sound very god too, and maybe the album will get naysayers to agree that new Exodus is actually good.
----
Coldgrits
16.10.2008 - 19:32
King Bonzo

Kind of seems needless, sounds badass but to me bonded by blood is perfect and this is always gonna pale. Also kind of, as oppose to what "Ya, it's a Pie" said, this just confirms to me that new eXodus is no where near as good as old eXodus.

THAT SAID its better than alot of this new thrash crap we're getting. Nice enough tribute. Won't be buying the album.
17.10.2008 - 00:50
Timelord

I really don't see the point in re-recording a classic album like "Bonded by Blood". Let history remain in tact. It was a major influence on the thrash scene of the time in which I was lucky to be a part of. If anything they should have let other bands make a tribute album and give their respects to Paul. I just can't see Slayer re-recording "Show No Mercy" just for the hell of it or "Kill em All" from Lica. Kinda pointless.
17.10.2008 - 01:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Im gonna be really pissed if they screw this up somehow.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.10.2008 - 01:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I think I will buy it anyway just to show me and everyone around me how brilliant the ORIGINAL Bonded By Blood is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2171 | This month: 6