Metal Storm logo
Hanoi Rocks - Breaking Up At The End Of The Year

According to their website, Hanoi Rocks have decided to break up by the end of the year 2008. Michael Monroe and Andy McCoy feel that they've taken the band as far as it can go and now wish to go their separate ways.

All commitments until the end of the year, including the UK tour starting in London on Halloween, will naturally be honoured.

In addition, the band has decided to say farewell to their fans by doing a final tour of Japan in the spring 2009 and immediately thereafter wrapping things up with a few nights at the legendary Tavastia Club in Helsinki, Finland where their career originally got started in the 80's.

November 26th will see the timely release of the first ever career-spanning Hanoi Rocks retrospective: a 2-CD set titled "This One's For Rock'n'Roll - The Best Of Hanoi Rocks 1980-2008".

The band wishes to thank all their fans, co-workers and business partners for their continued love and support throughout the years.

Source: hanoirocks.info
Band profile: Hanoi Rocks
Posted: 21.10.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 40 users
21.10.2008 - 18:34
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Mmm theyre gonna be missed. razzle would probably approve.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.10.2008 - 20:02
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I guess we all knew that this day was gonna come sooner or later, since those guys aren't all that young anymore. But I'm still gonna miss them. I hope Michael Monroe still continues making music though. I'm glad I saw them live last summer.
----
You'll never walk alone.

Hits total: 2885 | This month: 8