Metal Storm logo
Rob Zombie

25.10.2008 - 00:34
thesabbathfan
There doesn't seem to be a topic already, so... yea.

Rob Zombie, my new addiction. You guys like him?
----
27.10.2008 - 04:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Rob Zombie is ok...I never really took the time to listen to any of his albums in their entirety but songs like Dracula, More Human That Human (I beleive was from White Zombie) and others seemed to be pretty kickass...I had all the oppurtunity in the world to see the man live...he's through here with Ozzfest whenever that comes around so...yeah, I like Rob Zombie...
27.10.2008 - 09:10
Hamird
Lieutenant
I like his movies (first two movies) more than his music... But he is ok, I have some of his singles, and Educated Horses album.. They are good, I enjoyed some of them very much like "Scorpions Sleep", "Ride" and at the top of them, "House of 1000 Corpses"...
28.10.2008 - 01:20
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Rob Zombie is well....ok. After you get everything balanced that is. He's a valedvictorian graduate with a Phd but does music instead. But, he stole white zombie songs when the band was over and got away with it b/c they didn't use ASCAP which is a musician's copyright association. Other than that, he's ok.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
28.10.2008 - 02:18
Branzig
As an artist, I love Zombie. He loves all the things I love. Ratrods, Zombies, Gore, Metal, etc. Furthermore, I find that his music has an awesome groove. I am more of a fan of White Zombie than his solo work, but all in all I'd say he has catchy tunes.

His movies are pretty killer too. I am pumped for Tyrannosaurus Rex. I am expecting greatness haha.
----
In Grind We Crust
28.10.2008 - 09:02
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Yeah he's cool. Kinda a joke-- but in a good way. Excellent for those random times where you want something that in no way shape or form takes itself too seriously (like too many performers out there these days)...
28.10.2008 - 17:34
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Hamird on 27.10.2008 at 09:10

I like his movies (first two movies) more than his music... But he is ok, I have some of his singles, and Educated Horses album.. They are good, I enjoyed some of them very much like "Scorpions Sleep", "Ride" and at the top of them, "House of 1000 Corpses"...

i went to a classic horror movie show kinda thing and the clown from House of 1000 Corpses and the Devil's Rejects was there and did an interview and shit. it was cool i guess.

but as for his music, i find it hilarious that hes driving some sort of vehicle in the majority of his videos.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.11.2008 - 11:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Man, I just cracked out my Rob Zombie CDs for the first time in a loooooong while, I'm gettin flashbacks to Grade 10, this is awesome.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.11.2008 - 04:38
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I really like Zombie.
His obsession with the horror stuff in his albms and on most o his videos is hilarious, but quite unique at the same time...
And is it just me or is his last album "Educated Horses" shall we say... ofter, than the previous ones?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.11.2008 - 04:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.11.2008 at 04:38

I really like Zombie.
His obsession with the horror stuff in his albms and on most o his videos is hilarious, but quite unique at the same time...
And is it just me or is his last album "Educated Horses" shall we say... ofter, than the previous ones?

Oh definitely, I find it has a far more organic sound than the previous albums. I think his influence went from the likes of Alice Cooper to like...Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers (just look at the sound track for The Devils Rejects.) Which would also explain why his attire switched from zombie paint and crazy trench coats to cowboy hats and bellbottoms. Though I don't think hes fully perfected this switch over, I can't wait until the next album to see if he can pull even more classic southern rock & blues influences in, perhaps perfect the downfalls of Educated Horses?

BTW- I love how this topic was created by a 14 year old, how very typical. (not meant as an insult in any way, it just seems a good majority of metalheads (including myself) start with Rob Zombie around the age of 14.)
----
- George Carlin
11.11.2008 - 06:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Doc G. on 11.11.2008 at 04:57

I really like Zombie.

Oh definitely, I find it has a far more organic sound than the previous albums. I think his influence went from the likes of Alice Cooper to like...Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers (just look at the sound track for The Devils Rejects.) Which would also explain why his attire switched from zombie paint and crazy trench coats to cowboy hats and bellbottoms. Though I don't think hes fully perfected this switch over, I can't wait until the next album to see if he can pull even more classic southern rock & blues influences in, perhaps perfect the downfalls of Educated Horses?

BTW- I love how this topic was created by a 14 year old, how very typical. (not meant as an insult in any way, it just seems a good majority of metalheads (including myself) start with Rob Zombie around the age of 14.)

MAybe he wanted to look more "mature" LOL and less obsessed with horror stuff, hehe. Not to mention a guy in a cowboy hat and a shirt that shows a good body (considering he's over 40 YO) and lots of tats sells more than a creepy guy dressed as some kind of zombie king...
I still think Educated Horses is a good album, but The Sinister rge is my fav.
Well i discovered Zombie when I was like 18 LOL, but starting with Zombie at 14 doesnt mean anything... Maybe that in that age we're more attracted towards the image of teh musician that to the music itself?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

11.11.2008 - 07:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.11.2008 at 06:04

MAybe he wanted to look more "mature" LOL and less obsessed with horror stuff, hehe. Not to mention a guy in a cowboy hat and a shirt that shows a good body (considering he's over 40 YO) and lots of tats sells more than a creepy guy dressed as some kind of zombie king...
I still think Educated Horses is a good album, but The Sinister rge is my fav.
Well i discovered Zombie when I was like 18 LOL, but starting with Zombie at 14 doesnt mean anything... Maybe that in that age we're more attracted towards the image of teh musician that to the music itself?

Actually Educated Horses definitely is my favorite Rob Zombie album simply because like you said, it shows maturity, he was able to show he was an actual musical entity rather than just a shock-rock gimmick *cough* cough* Marylin Manson*. Though overall I still prefer the White Zombie stuff, but if Rob Zombie keeps going in a Southern Rock direction the next album might turn out to be a new fav, being a huge Lynyrd Skynyrd fan myself.

As far as it being appealing to 14 year olds, lets face it, you cant put on 'Great American Nightmare' or 'Numb' and still manage to sit still! His songs are catchy as fuck. I noticed these days most kids are getting into metal around the age of 14 (like myself), and its a lot easier to go from whatever you were listening to before through bands like Rob Zombie then progressively get into more intense metal than it is to go straight from whatever you were into before right into lets say...black or brutal death metal. Or at least thats what I've noticed from all the metalheads I know, many cite Rob Zombie as the music that got them into metal. Last week I put on Rob Zombie for the first time since like high school (which has been about 3 years or so) and I started getting crazy flashbacks of high school I wouldn't have remembered otherwise....good times. So for about a week its been a steady rotation between White/Rob Zombie and 3 Inches Of Blood.
----
- George Carlin
12.11.2008 - 01:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Doc G. on 11.11.2008 at 07:12

Actually Educated Horses definitely is my favorite Rob Zombie album simply because like you said, it shows maturity, he was able to show he was an actual musical entity rather than just a shock-rock gimmick *cough* cough* Marylin Manson*. Though overall I still prefer the White Zombie stuff, but if Rob Zombie keeps going in a Southern Rock direction the next album might turn out to be a new fav, being a huge Lynyrd Skynyrd fan myself.

As far as it being appealing to 14 year olds, lets face it, you cant put on 'Great American Nightmare' or 'Numb' and still manage to sit still! His songs are catchy as fuck. I noticed these days most kids are getting into metal around the age of 14 (like myself), and its a lot easier to go from whatever you were listening to before through bands like Rob Zombie then progressively get into more intense metal than it is to go straight from whatever you were into before right into lets say...black or brutal death metal. Or at least thats what I've noticed from all the metalheads I know, many cite Rob Zombie as the music that got them into metal. Last week I put on Rob Zombie for the first time since like high school (which has been about 3 years or so) and I started getting crazy flashbacks of high school I wouldn't have remembered otherwise....good times. So for about a week its been a steady rotation between White/Rob Zombie and 3 Inches Of Blood.

It shows indeed maturity, and it's also more... accessible? Still educated Horses is a great album, but it's liek you said, some kind of ste into what the next album may be.

Well it is very catchy (I'm listening to it right now) and you're right, it explains why many teenagers get into it, it's catchy and "dark/evil"... it's a good way to start
----

12.11.2008 - 02:52
thesabbathfan
Written by Doc G. on 11.11.2008 at 04:57

I really like Zombie.

LOL. hah, yes, he was one of the first metal bands I heard a few years back =D

can't wait for his new movie
----
06.12.2008 - 16:14
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by thesabbathfan on 12.11.2008 at 02:52

What is the new movie? I'm curious to see what will be made by him.. I liked Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses. But not much about Halloween. That wasn't a bad movie but really it doesn't need a re-make for every legendary Slasher movies of 80's.. First Texas Chainsaw Masscare, then Halloween, now Friday the 13th, and next Nightmare on Elm Street..
06.12.2008 - 21:51
thesabbathfan
Written by Hamird on 06.12.2008 at 16:14

Written by thesabbathfan on 12.11.2008 at 02:52

What is the new movie? I'm curious to see what will be made by him.. I liked Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses. But not much about Halloween. That wasn't a bad movie but really it doesn't need a re-make for every legendary Slasher movies of 80's.. First Texas Chainsaw Masscare, then Halloween, now Friday the 13th, and next Nightmare on Elm Street..

its called Tyrannosaurus Rex
----
10.03.2010 - 05:58
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
Thought Id bring this up to all you Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson fans; John 5 is not yet on the site, and is currently in the suggested bands list. Lets get him on here, so go out and vote.

Search "John 5" in this link:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band_suggestions.php
----
Seize the weed of production!
14.04.2010 - 17:15
Kennoth
Dragula (not Dracula) is the song of my youth (thanks to Twisted Metal 4). Not familiar with the rest of his songs, other than singles.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
15.07.2010 - 04:55
Got Mayhem?
Well he lives about 15 minutes away from me
That's about all I know about him. Oh, and sometimes he shops at Big Y. But I only know that because a friend of mine checked out his items for him once.
----
15.07.2010 - 23:40
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Got Mayhem? on 15.07.2010 at 04:55

That's about all I know about him. Oh, and sometimes he shops at Big Y. But I only know that because a friend of mine checked out his items for him once.

You live in LA ?

btw, WOW i did not expect to see tht kind of welcomeing to zombie.. i thought all 'super hardcore guy' would hate the guy ... apparently i'm a big fan considering my nickname
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
16.07.2010 - 01:30
Weaponz248
I love Zombie! Hellbilly Deluxe and hellbilly deluxe 2 are my favs!
16.07.2010 - 06:26
Got Mayhem?
Written by Zombie on 15.07.2010 at 23:40

Written by Got Mayhem? on 15.07.2010 at 04:55

You live in LA ?

btw, WOW i did not expect to see tht kind of welcomeing to zombie.. i thought all 'super hardcore guy' would hate the guy ... apparently i'm a big fan considering my nickname

No, he has a house in CT too.
----
24.09.2010 - 16:10
JD
Account deleted
Lucky Zombie his wife is so hot
09.04.2011 - 16:18
Sophist
I like the songs on Hellbilly Deluxe and The Sinister Urge.

Only watched one movie, wasn't too impressed, I think I'll stick to the music.
10.05.2011 - 03:10
blacktooth85
Umm... I love White Zombie. I never cared much for his solo stuff.
30.05.2011 - 05:46
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Rob zombie is teen goth kid music