Metal Storm logo
What happens with colombian metal bands?

Poll

do u know any of this bands?

Masacre
Neurosis INC
Amputated Genitals
Dark Manthra
Dried Life Memories
Internal Suffernig
Misty Fate
Ultratumba
Purulent

Total votes: 16
30.06.2006 - 08:32
Bhavok

i've been thinking, why metal bands from colombia are not well known in the rest of the world... i think you may have heard abour shakira... or maybe juanes... but what about internal suffering? or masacre? and they are gonna be at Obscene fest en Czech Republic, and masacre is also having an european tour, i just wanna know your opinions about my country and its metal my metalhead friends from all arrownd the world
30.06.2006 - 08:39
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
This is very poorly contructed and why do you have a poll in it? Dont like the chances of this staying open how it is ... but anyway ... uuummm, no i havnt heard any of those bands.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
30.06.2006 - 14:41
HardSide

Don't know Ultratumbam other then that I know, unfortunately all the bands you listed do not have any distributation in Europe nor America...hence forth its almost impossible to hear a song from these bands unless you find it by an accident or you look really hard online.
30.06.2006 - 14:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by HardSide on 30.06.2006 at 14:41

Don't know Ultratumbam other then that I know, unfortunately all the bands you listed do not have any distributation in Europe nor America...hence forth its almost impossible to hear a song from these bands unless you find it by an accident or you look really hard online.

Internal Suffering IS distributed in Europe via Displeased records. I even think that they are on the Displeased label, but not entirely sure about that. But Internal Suffering is readily available here.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2006 - 15:37
Ruines
Account deleted
Inquisition is the only colombian band i know and they are amazing !
30.06.2006 - 21:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Partner, I barely know masacre. And you forgot Tenebrarum, which is another great band.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.07.2006 - 03:11
tulkas
el parcero
I´ve heard Neurosis INC which is one of the most important and more known Colombian bands besides Kraken, and Masacre and Misty Fate ring a bell but I´m not too sure
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
01.07.2006 - 03:14
Alouqua
Account deleted
Yeah, Reinhardt is right! of those band you mentioned there I only know Masacre and Neurosis INC and is so hard to take out our music if we didn't even know our own bands don't you think?
@Ruines: have you seen them in concert? they are too good!
01.07.2006 - 19:49
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Another band which you forgot to put here is Gaias Pendulum, but I must recognize that I don't know many good colombian bands, so, I must check them out
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
01.07.2006 - 23:36
Alouqua
Account deleted
Oh my dear Alchemist, do you like Gaias Pendulum too?? I love them! I have their albums and I really enjoy their sound.
tulkas: Yeah man your right, he forgot Kraken which is one of the most famous band here, if doesn't matter if you like them or you don't they are really famous. I have hear one rumor (Ok, is not a rumor, Elkin told me!) that they will play in "El Campin" this year and this is probably the bigger concert in Bogotá of one local band.
02.07.2006 - 00:33
tulkas
el parcero
Alouqua: that´d be great. And if it that 'rumor' comes from Elkin himself, I think that´s more than true
I also heard Gaia´s Pendulum once, and I liked it, that was some real good music I think there´s good musical talent in Colombia, but it´s a shame that most of them, if not all, don´t make out of the country. Let´s hope that can change soon.
----
02.07.2006 - 06:22
Bhavok

ok, i know i missed a lot of good colombian bands, but i had no more space... and about kraken... i just wanted to know about "gutural" metal, u know death blah blah blah
03.07.2006 - 04:20
vallhalen
Account deleted
well, last year we had a concert in my city where massacre was the main band. too bad but i couldn't go. you know, most of the good bands of southamerican countries are really underground. to the concerts here go from 150 to 200 people and most of the time you see the same faces, but we do what we can to keep the scene alive
03.07.2006 - 21:57
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Alouqua: yes, Gaias Pendulum is really good band, and how many albums have they released? I have 2: Vite and I don't remember the name of the other
----

Sensorium - Epica
04.07.2006 - 15:41
Alouqua
Account deleted
Hi my dear! Ok so they have 2 albums Vité, the first one, and Scarlet Visions. So you have it all. And what about Ethereal? or Occultus... this are good bands from colombia. I dindn't saw Occultus in Metalmania festival but I saw Ethereal and they are really great...
04.07.2006 - 19:29
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Alouqua: I don't know the other 2 bands: Ethereal and Occultus, what genre are they? If they're gothic, symphonic, or just melodic stuff, I'm sure I'll like them.

And if someone knows about folk/symphonic bands, please tell me
----

Sensorium - Epica
04.07.2006 - 20:58
Bhavok

ok ethereal, is sumthing like black gothic... their frirst albums are really symphonic, but in the last one they change... and it becomes that classic black... freezing darkness (colombian band) style, occultus idk, its also black... i really don't know... and about folk... it depends on what u want... i can say guahaihoque, its colombian and it like prehispanic metal, or finntroll, or ensiferum, or idk, in this moment i cant remember a lot... i'll try to remember and i'll tell u later
05.07.2006 - 00:47
lazarus

I've heard to Masacre (they came to my country the last year). I'm not so sure if Gaias Pendulum is from Colombia, it's one amazing band too (though I've heard the Vité album only).
----
And sometimes I despair
At who I've become
I have to come to terms
With what I've done
05.07.2006 - 01:35
Alouqua
Account deleted
as Dried_Life said, my dear Alchemist, Ethereal is a black metal band, they have a very famous cover of the song "fear of the dark" if you want to, I will share with you 2 of their works I have.
Shroud Of Flesh, where is the cover song, and Cessatio A Divinis.
For those who want to know this band: http://www.etherealsite.com/main.htm
Occultus is a black metal band that I really like, thay have amazing instrumental songs and great lyrics. I have one album of them is call Cosmos.
http://www.occultus.info/
I don't know a single Folk metal band... have you heard Noizart? they play a cover of therion in Rock al Parque some years ago... I don't have a single work of them, but they are kind of cool. For more info. PM me
@ lazarus: yeah, Gaias Pendulum is a Colombian Metal band, and I'm glad you like it.
05.07.2006 - 03:16
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Thank you my dear Alouqua, yes, I'd like to share music, I don't like so much black metal, except if it's melodic/symphonic, since the first albums of Ethereal are symphonic, I'd like to know them, and as for the melodic bands, I'll search, I haven't heard any of them

@Dried_Life: thank you for the recommendations. Btw: join the colombian metalstormers thread
----

Sensorium - Epica
05.07.2006 - 05:52
Icewings
La Luna
Ok interesting Thread my dear ,Yes good bands you mention very good very influential..and is impossible to vote because each one of them are pretty good and has something to give ...so Ok Colombian bands are not that famous because of their record label if they have one , the one's that they have a record label are very underground records labels and well is not their fault either ...The music bussiness can be complicated sometimes and if you don't have economic sources then is gonna be difficult ..like Shakira and Juanes of course they are famosu because their label is rich pop culture label ...you think that Juanes would have made it with that band he was before ?I doubt it , sorry to be brutal honest but it's true I mean yeah he sold himself and everything but that's what he did , he saw he had a good oportunity with a big label and he took it and now he is filthy rich Lol but anyways the point is : This bands can make it if they work hard ... the problem might be that they don't do enought promotion ...or change the label , I mean if you sign with Century Media or Nuclear Blast of course they are gonna know them everywhere ..well no everywhere sorry guys but In USA sure you have opportunities and stuff to be big , but the culture is very different I mean I don'know One thing I feel proud is the excellent metal scene in colombia and south america YAY!and is growing so much ......

Ok good bands you mention dear, but you forgot Ethereal ,I think they were one of the most influential bands of all besides Kraken ...I have asked a lot of people and yes they know colombian metal thanks to ethereal and yes they have change some things , vocals ect ect but they are great .....and well guys don't forget Guahaihoque I love this guys to death ,they change some people and stuff but well I'm sure Mun would do great with the new guys also look around all the new talents like Infinity and Funeral Dusk ..or dani's proyect Hidden path ... ahhh I'm so proud !!!!anyways Great Thread
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
05.07.2006 - 06:22
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Mmm, very interesting point my dear Icewings, I didn't think that before. I agree with you about the record label, but I'm not sure if that's all, because like you said, to be famous we must work hard on that and maybe that's the problem with many colombian bands. the 2 points are interesting
Anyways, we have a great potential here, our metal scene is pretty known and good, at least at cultural radio, they play metal sometimes as a part of the culture of the society and that counts.
And tell more about Guahaihoque, it seems to be an interesting band, what genre are they? Hope to see you soon.
----

Sensorium - Epica
06.07.2006 - 02:30
Bhavok

ok so guahaihoque is sumthing like folk metal, south american folk metal.... sumthing i like to call prehispanic metal... they use quenas and zampoñas, and theres some other groups like it, theres one from bogota called Atavi, and i also know some groups like it from peru and diadema tristis fron argentina... and please.... stop saying " u forgot" or "u missed" it had no more space!!! i missed bestialized... ethereal, astreas domain... luciferian, broken.... and a lot more!!
alchemist let me ask u something.... how long have u been in this cuento? (being a metalhead, hehehe)
06.07.2006 - 03:22
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Two Black Metal acts I know: Utuk-Xul and Inquisition... the first one is amazing, the second is decent but has the worst vocals ever...
06.07.2006 - 03:27
Alouqua
Account deleted
Icewings, dear! you are right about what you say...but I'm sure we can show all our music if we, the people support the local bands, and if them find a way to take out their music without changing their style (like Juanes) and btw... do you know all those bands? That is great, i live here and i don't even know a half.
Dried_Life Ok, I understand there is not enough space to mention all the Colombian metal bands, or the best...
06.07.2006 - 04:15
tulkas
el parcero
Icewings is right, the biggest problem is that of labels. The labels here only arrange contracts with popular regeton bands and don´t even give the opportunity to a lot of great bands out there. I myself, as I said in another forum, have some friends with bands, so I´ve been able to see a lot of great bands with amazing potential live, so for me that problem is a shame.
Also, another good band that I hadn´t seen anyone mention and that has gained some recognition is Fury of Fire. Anyone else familiar with it??
----
06.07.2006 - 05:02
Danigar

Well from the list I only know Masacre, Neurosis inc. and Internal Suffering (what a surprise ). And yeah i agree with what you guys say about the labels, its the big problem not only here but in many countries in south america and around the world, many bands that have a lot of potential dont get a lot of recongnition. And yeah like Alouqua said we have to support our bands but is always going to be a problem and something veery dificult to take our bands out. And like tulkas said with a culture like ours is very difficult to build a strong scene when we have all this caribean and well latino in general sounds so strong within the population.
@My dear Icewings, yeah you're right. And yeah i saw Hidden Path in the concert and they were really great i liked them a lot. Another band i got to like was Freezing Darkness, they have one album out i have to get it
06.07.2006 - 06:40
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Bhavok on 06.07.2006 at 02:30

ok so guahaihoque is sumthing like folk metal, south american folk metal.... sumthing i like to call prehispanic metal... they use quenas and zampoñas, and theres some other groups like it, theres one from bogota called Atavi, and i also know some groups like it from peru and diadema tristis fron argentina... and please.... stop saying " u forgot" or "u missed" it had no more space!!! i missed bestialized... ethereal, astreas domain... luciferian, broken.... and a lot more!!
alchemist let me ask u something.... how long have u been in this cuento? (being a metalhead, hehehe)

Well, I don't know if I can call myself a metalhead, because I love metal, I represent myself with it, but I also like other kinds of music, like classical, new age, rock... and I think that I don't have the appareance of a metalhead
I started listening to metal in June 2004, when I heard about Therion and Tristania, so, I downloaded some stuff from them and in November a friend lend me some stuff from Nightwish, After Forever and some other bands, like Within Temptation, My Dying Bride. But I started feeling represented with Metal in September 2005, when I knew lots and lots of new bands in many genres. But just for curiosity, why this question?

@Danigar: yes, we have to support our bands, otherwise, they'll never be famous and recognized. It's true that there are lots of popular music in the society, but at least metal is already recognized in radio and there are some kinds of festivals, like Metalmania and Rock al Parque or "Toques" and if you talk about metal to someone, in the majority of the cases, they'll know what it is, so, it has already a place in the society, some little, but has it
----

Sensorium - Epica
06.07.2006 - 10:07
Bhavok

it wasnt for sumthing special... like u said just curiosity.... hey! remember, theres Masacre, colombia...... Masacre, peru..... and Massacre, USA......
theyre not the same... so please, be sure when u talk bout it...
10.07.2006 - 08:27
Icewings
La Luna
Ok guys ? yes it is true about the labels and stuff, trust me..I work with some labels and is only small jobs or small things and it is very difficult, and what you guys said is very true we must work hard for it, just spread the word around and stuff. I mean we have great potentials in our country and I know we can make it I know. ? Because if you think about it like some of you said we have great bands in there and musicians doing anything possible to spread their music and stuff but well we must see that running and having a label is not an easy thing either ?so is like both parts ?but well bands have to collaborate too so it could happen..And well like my dear Alouqua said the bands shouldn't change at all, I mean I'm no one to judge but there's nothing more beautiful to see the same talent along their musical career to see how they grow and stuff but still being the same, or ok they might have small changes but not Huge one's like Juanes but ok he is another cuento ?

And like my dear Danigar said well is not only there, but I think everywhere, this is a big problem the metal community faces, because one thing that I see with some bands is that some places don't want to the booking for the band meaning they want to do a show in this place let's say bar X but they think that because is metal and stuff that they are going to loose money for that night or things like that so is like we have problems everywhere but despite that, we have made it all this years and we can continue doing it , but we have to give in order to receive meaning that ok I don't want to say anything bad but some bands and fans should stop being so arrogant , like if someone doesn't know a band oh please show the person ..Your helping the band ?or like something happen with the record label I help , they did the promotion and everything and something went wrong with one of the songs in the cd but it wasn't our fault ohhhhh the band made such big deal when the label was going to fixed it , but it was a serious problem that stop production for some good time ?.so again my point is that we have to help each other and stuff ?and I'm sure they can be big , and no only the bands the scene in general ?.

@Alouqua : Yes my dear , but I'm sure there's bands that you know and have seen that I don't know , but this bands well they are not that new so ?..

@Danigar :I'm glad you saw the dear, Daniel is an excellent musician !

@Tulkas : Yeah I see what you are saying , and you are very right ?.

@The Alchemist: yes my dear I agree with you , there's a lot of things out there ..that they have in Colombia and is great ?I love that ?.
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back