The greatest power metal vocalist ever.
He's not a king, he's just a God
I don't like him...
I like black metal...

Total votes: 60
28.10.2008 - 12:18
Nimlot
A. Reader
Well what do you think about Hansi's singing? I personally find it amazing, he's always been my favorite vocalist and I wonder what others think of him and how would they rate him, so here we go It's up to you
28.10.2008 - 14:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why the fuck here are I like black metal there other genres too, Ok I cant find voting poll because he wht out BG isnt big person, ok maybe his voice yes but still i like OLD ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLD Blind Guardian like one, not simple member
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.10.2008 - 16:15
Hellish Star
He's good but far overrated....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
28.10.2008 - 17:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hansi went wrong when he stopped playing bass. well, the music went downhill before, but i dont understand when he stopped. he says he wanted to focus on his singing but i dont think he can sing that well anymore anyway. im rambling.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.10.2008 - 17:58
Ernis
狼獾
Hansi's a good singer, an iconic one, without any doubt and his voice is very distincitve...even peculiar....for me sometimes it becomes difficult to listen to him for a long time....he does sing professionally but his voice indeed is too specific....
28.10.2008 - 17:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why only singing you shood know he also was bass players till dunnow hy he stoped doing it
----

apos;'
[image]
28.10.2008 - 19:00
Damnated
Churchburner
I have no idea who this guy is, but i do like black metal.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.10.2008 - 22:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
why the "I like Black Metal" option??
However I think is a good singer, one of my favourite Power Metal ones, still definitely not a God, or anything similar.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.10.2008 - 23:44
Hrothdane
For me personally there is just something amazing about his voice. I just absolutely love it. I don't think he is objectively the best, but for me he is the power metal god
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
29.10.2008 - 00:38
thesabbathfan
He's my favourite evar!

tbh, i don't care that he stopped playing bass, it only seemed to make him concentrate more on the bass rather than vocals.

anyways, wooooo hansi kursch
----
29.10.2008 - 10:25
Nimlot
A. Reader
Written by Bad English on 28.10.2008 at 17:59

Why only singing you shood know he also was bass players till dunnow hy he stoped doing it

I know he used to play bass until 1996 and he still comes up with the bass parts for most songs, he just doesn't play it live anymore

and about the black metal reference it's just that ppl who listen to black metal don't like power metal (and the fact that all black metal singers sound bad to me)
29.10.2008 - 14:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Those who like doom metal dont like power metal too
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2008 - 16:21
Stigmatized
Written by Bad English on 29.10.2008 at 14:00

Why?
29.10.2008 - 17:42
Elio
Red Nightmare
Well, I like Kursch's voice but Doom and Black are growing on me anyway.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
29.10.2008 - 18:54
MetalSpider
He has a good voice, but I find it a little bit odd. He's not my favourite but I respect his talent.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
31.10.2008 - 17:46
Judas
The Amputator
I could have selected three of those options, and 'I don't like him' and 'He's good but not my favourite' aren't any of the three! I do like Black Metal, I do think he is the best Power Metal vocalist, but above all, I think he's God. And K7, excuse me but people who like Doom Metal sometimes like Power Metal too! I have absolutely no problem with switching from Saint Vitus to Sonata Arctica!

As for the bass situation, he stopped playing bass so he could concentrate on his singing, but he hasn't entirely ruled out playing bass again at some stage hence Oliver Holzwarth is still only listed as a session member of the band. They don't want to make him a full member and then have to kick him out.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
01.11.2008 - 11:16
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i like his vocals but he's not my favorite...not because i can't pick a power metal vocalist, the thing is i find most of them really alike and i can't find an easy way to compare them...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
01.11.2008 - 13:05
Hellish Star

This is bull...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
01.11.2008 - 14:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 01.11.2008 at 13:05

This is bull...

Power is power and not folower

Judas - I can hear Sonata Arctiva maybe firts album there diference between ''those who like doom'' and ''doomester''
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2008 - 15:08
Varegan
Hamranakara
I'm not really a power metal fan, blind guardian is my only favorite power band, and his vocal is my favorite power vocal, his voice is really great in nightfall in middle earth but in other album he is so usual.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
15.12.2008 - 07:33
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 28.10.2008 at 14:52

Why the fuck here are I like black metal there other genres too, Ok I cant find voting poll because he wht out BG isnt big person, ok maybe his voice yes but still i like OLD ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLD Blind Guardian like one, not simple member

*sigh* i SERIOUSLY hope you're kidding......

anyway i choose the 1st option.
15.12.2008 - 08:08
tulkas
el parcero
Good but no the best. i mean, his voice is easily recognizable, and it souns good sometimes, but, he's not great. i prefer tony kakkos voice, speaking of PM. i like him on follow the blind and nightfall in..., but sometimes it gets boring, specially in demons & wizards, they booooore me 'cause it's all the same to me. i haven't been able to listen to a whole album in one sitting.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
15.12.2008 - 08:45
bard
I seriously love this guy, especially in the more folk oriented songs like the Bards Song and Skalds and Shadows, to which I think he's a little more suited. From the first time I heard his minstrel voice I loved it, never seems to get old to me.
----
15.12.2008 - 10:56
Saitenhexerin
Written by bard on 15.12.2008 at 08:45

I seriously love this guy, especially in the more folk oriented songs like the Bards Song and Skalds and Shadows, to which I think he's a little more suited. From the first time I heard his minstrel voice I loved it, never seems to get old to me.

Dito =)
He is one of the best power metal singers ever!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
17.12.2008 - 20:12
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Hansi has just about the most annoying voice in metal..period. I really dont know what the big deal is about him and why people rave about him. Hes the single reason why i cant listen to Blind Guardian because he sounds like a pig that is being skinned alive, squealing and whining. His voice makes my ears bleed...
17.12.2008 - 21:26
Hrothdane
Written by Guest on 17.12.2008 at 20:12

Hansi has just about the most annoying voice in metal..period. I really dont know what the big deal is about him and why people rave about him. Hes the single reason why i cant listen to Blind Guardian because he sounds like a pig that is being skinned alive, squealing and whining. His voice makes my ears bleed...

I know he does sound weird (I don't think he sounds like a pig being skinned alive though), but thats part of why I like him so much. To each his own though
----

18.12.2008 - 00:26
bard
Vocalists indeed seem to be the trickiest part of a band when it comes to listen-ability...I'm having that problem with Symphony X right now.

Another note about Hansi, I'm in love with his voice...but I find the way he looks to be a little distracting on music videos. Something about the way he sings, and his crazy eyes he throws around in his videos, makes me think of a live action 'Wind in the Willows' or something...
----
18.12.2008 - 02:44
Hrothdane
Written by bard on 18.12.2008 at 00:26

Another note about Hansi, I'm in love with his voice...but I find the way he looks to be a little distracting on music videos. Something about the way he sings, and his crazy eyes he throws around in his videos, makes me think of a live action 'Wind in the Willows' or something...

LOL thats hilarious. I never thought of him that way.
----

19.12.2008 - 05:52
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I definitely chose the god option. His voice is so unique and different and just can't be compared with others in the genre. I first heard his voice on Therion's Flesh of the Gods song.. moments later I was at my local record store buying up all the Blind Guardian and Demons & Wizards albums I could find. That man has such a special instrument...

And I also like doom metal so all of yous can just quiet down about people not liking both
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
20.12.2008 - 08:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Well it appears I voted, but didn't post.

I voted "Best Ever." This may not be true on a technical scale but he IS my favorite PM vocalist. On top of that, he is incredibally skilled, and most vocalists could only wish they had his range. That squeal he does on Vallhalla? *Shiver* So yeah, that's my reasoning.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.