Metal Storm logo
Warbringer VS Evile

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 29.10.2008 - 01:33
Seeing both bands live recently brought up a lot of comparisons in my mind. Both of these bands have been commended for playing old school style thrash metal, both bands formed in 2004, and both bands have released their debut albums within the past year. Which one is better?

It was a hard decision for me, while I found Warbringer put on a slightly better show live, Evile has much better song writing in my opinion, I found "Enter The Grave" just one notch above "War Without End", but it could also be because Evile had the privilege of having their debut produced by Flemming Rasmussen. So my vote goes to Evile.

Poll

Which Is The Better Thrash Band?

Warbringer
Evile

Total votes: 70
03.06.2012 - 08:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I'm with you there Guib, although I've never been into Evile. Warbringer just sound more aggressive and more genuine to me, whereas Evile sound like they're trying too hard to be what Metallica should have been after MoP. That being said, I've never seriously enjoyed Warbringer either. Their 2011 release definitely wasn't anything to get excited about. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.06.2012 - 08:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Both bands are quite overrated I would say, and I've never been hugley impressed by what I've heard by either band. I have liked what I've heard from Evile more than Warbringer though, so I'll pick Evile.
06.07.2012 - 10:18
Big-Al
Evile
----

I drink moosepiss
06.07.2012 - 11:32
Void Eater
Account deleted
I really like Enter The Grave, and the first two songs on that album are among the best I've heard of the thrash resurgence, but I can't get into their other albums as much. On the other hand, I like all of Warbringers albums. The new one wasn't quite as good as Waking Into Nightmares, but still beats most other new thrash.
08.07.2012 - 18:25
Lit.
Account deleted
I hated Enter The Grave (aside from Thrasher, even though that boss intro was killed by those atrocious vocals) and if that's their best, I'm going with Warbringer. I kind of liked War Without End and I'm looking forward to listening to Worlds Torn Asunder.
13.07.2012 - 06:51
bran
Warbringer. i like evile as well but i just like warbringer a little more, they are just more aggressive. worlds torn asunder was pretty good album IMO
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
22.07.2012 - 01:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 08.07.2012 at 18:25

I hated Enter The Grave (aside from Thrasher, even though that boss intro was killed by those atrocious vocals) and if that's their best, I'm going with Warbringer. I kind of liked War Without End and I'm looking forward to listening to Worlds Torn Asunder.

did you listen to Waking Into Nightmares... I prefer it to Worlds Torn Asunder even though its a good album aswell
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.07.2012 - 05:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 22.07.2012 at 01:06

Written by Guest on 08.07.2012 at 18:25

did you listen to Waking Into Nightmares... I prefer it to Worlds Torn Asunder even though its a good album aswell

Just recently. I liked it. But I'm going with War Without End over it. We'll see how Worlds Torn Asunder sounds compared to them.