Users visited: 116  
Search this topic:  
Which Is The Better Thrash Band?

Warbringer40
Evile28

Total votes: 68

The original post

Posted by Doc Godin on 29.10.2008 at 01:33
Seeing both bands live recently brought up a lot of comparisons in my mind. Both of these bands have been commended for playing old school style thrash metal, both bands formed in 2004, and both bands have released their debut albums within the past year. Which one is better?

It was a hard decision for me, while I found Warbringer put on a slightly better show live, Evile has much better song writing in my opinion, I found "Enter The Grave" just one notch above "War Without End", but it could also be because Evile had the privilege of having their debut produced by Flemming Rasmussen. So my vote goes to Evile.

Page 2 of 2

Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

03.06.2012 at 08:41
I'm with you there Guib, although I've never been into Evile. Warbringer just sound more aggressive and more genuine to me, whereas Evile sound like they're trying too hard to be what Metallica should have been after MoP. That being said, I've never seriously enjoyed Warbringer either. Their 2011 release definitely wasn't anything to get excited about. :/
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Angelic Storm
Melodious

03.06.2012 at 08:48
Both bands are quite overrated I would say, and I've never been hugley impressed by what I've heard by either band. I have liked what I've heard from Evile more than Warbringer though, so I'll pick Evile.
Big-Al

06.07.2012 at 10:18
Evile
----

I drink moosepiss
Void Eater
Crunkcore Fan

06.07.2012 at 11:32
I really like Enter The Grave, and the first two songs on that album are among the best I've heard of the thrash resurgence, but I can't get into their other albums as much. On the other hand, I like all of Warbringers albums. The new one wasn't quite as good as Waking Into Nightmares, but still beats most other new thrash.
----
Lit.
Brütal Legend

08.07.2012 at 18:25
I hated Enter The Grave (aside from Thrasher, even though that boss intro was killed by those atrocious vocals) and if that's their best, I'm going with Warbringer. I kind of liked War Without End and I'm looking forward to listening to Worlds Torn Asunder.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
bran

13.07.2012 at 06:51
Warbringer. i like evile as well but i just like warbringer a little more, they are just more aggressive. worlds torn asunder was pretty good album IMO
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
Guib

22.07.2012 at 01:06
Written by Lit. on 08.07.2012 at 18:25

I hated Enter The Grave (aside from Thrasher, even though that boss intro was killed by those atrocious vocals) and if that's their best, I'm going with Warbringer. I kind of liked War Without End and I'm looking forward to listening to Worlds Torn Asunder.

did you listen to Waking Into Nightmares... I prefer it to Worlds Torn Asunder even though its a good album aswell
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Lit.
Brütal Legend

22.07.2012 at 05:19
Written by Guib on 22.07.2012 at 01:06

Written by Lit. on 08.07.2012 at 18:25

did you listen to Waking Into Nightmares... I prefer it to Worlds Torn Asunder even though its a good album aswell

Just recently. I liked it. But I'm going with War Without End over it. We'll see how Worlds Torn Asunder sounds compared to them.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.