Metal Storm logo
Bass players

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 30.06.2006 - 16:14
Well, I just like to know who the bass players on this forum are, the bass is not to be underestimated ...
I play bass myself, pretty shitty gear actually .. I'm playing exactly one year right now.
An adonis four strings, and a Stagg 80W amplifier, it's just doable to play in a band
Monday I'm recording a demo
I love to play rock and metal (of course) Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy name and Dream of Mirrors are heaven!

So .. What's your gear ? Favorite songs to play on the bass ? Band ?
10.10.2014 - 16:59
Malphas
Well, i do like to play some prog shit like Gojira, Persefone, Ne Obliviscaris (the last one being extremely difficult but fun as fuck), even stuff like Dream Theater or Epica are fun to play for a change. Also i play some black metal from time time, including Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth (mentioning them separately because people usually don't consider them to be black metal, i honestly don't care about that though ) because it's fun and also pretty neat for your right hand stamina (finger style). Meshuggah aren't death metal either...oh and i enjoy playing some stuff by Kreator too. What i play outside of metal is classical music, covering some famous pieces on bass is awesome and Muse...they have some good songs, especially on bass. So yeah, that's more or less it, but sooner or later i find myself shredding Cryptopsy again

what about you? what are your ventures outside the comfort zone?
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10.10.2014 - 20:15
Sunioj
Cool, yeah Ne Obliscaris can be complex but they have some awesome bass lines.

Yeah, like I said before - I like playing crust/post hardcore/hardcore, I like those really meaty bass lines. Alice in Chains, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Journey, Queen, and a myriad of other stuff. I guess I lean more towards the blues side of things as opposed to classical. Besides DM, I play Watain, Scar Symmetry, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, Devildriver.
10.10.2014 - 21:53
Malphas
Nice, it's always good to play a wide array of different genres as they all have something specific which you can pick up and incorporate into your own style
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle