Metal Storm logo
Locrian Mist (Check them out!)

30.06.2006 - 23:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Locrian Mist is a one-man band from Charlotte, North Carolina. The only member, John Taylor, plays everything except for drums, which are done by a drum machine. I have just heard them for the first time today and so far I'm really impressed. I haven't heard any vocals yet, but the songs that I've heard are filled with amazing guitar solos. Check them out:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=27105543
01.07.2006 - 01:51
Daru Jericho

After hearing the song 'Harmony' (Myspace went all usual and unreliable and refused to play any of the other songs) I have to say that this man is an awesome guitarist. That instrumental was really exciting! I'd like to hear more of this band.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

02.07.2006 - 02:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The only songs I've heard are the ones on the myspace page and they all are pretty good. The first two are just instrumentals, but the other two have vocals and I don't think they are as good. One song features death metal vocals and the other just has singing.
02.07.2006 - 03:45
Daru Jericho

Yeah, I saw they had death under their genre. I do wonder what that would sound like. Damn broken Myspace...
----

02.07.2006 - 03:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yes, myspace is a piece of shit. Try this- http://www.locrianmist.com/audio.html
02.07.2006 - 04:37
Daru Jericho

Thanks for that link.

OK, it's official; yet another guitar god has appeared on the scene. Wow, is all I can say. Crazy solos! Also, that 'Endless Void' song was great. Quite a few tempo changes and reminds me of Edge Of Sanity.
----

02.07.2006 - 04:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Now, if only more people tried the link...
02.07.2006 - 05:05
Daru Jericho

It's only a matter of time (hopefully). People will NOT be disappointed if they hear this! Highly recommended.
----

05.07.2006 - 04:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Check them out!
05.07.2006 - 19:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Doing that right now. Harmony is good.

I'll try to download the other songs and edit my post with opinion afterwards..

My god, he's good! However, the last two songs aren't really that good. But the first two definatly are!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.07.2006 - 15:56
okt31
Account deleted
Just checking right now!

Later:
Great guitarist, but I feel the play-as-fast-and-technical-as-you-can-to-SHOW-OFF syndrome. However he's good
08.07.2006 - 01:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
True, but anytime a band consists of one musician that person almost always is a showoff.
20.09.2006 - 11:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I chack them in MySpace and band are good, I realy like it remainds me bkack haired Yngwee Malmsteen good band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.08.2007 - 03:55
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I guess this dude is looking for band members, so I'm hoping they'll continue in a positive direction. They still haven't uploaded any new songs though