Metal Storm logo
Edenbridge - Part Ways With Bassist

Bassist Frank Bindig has left Austrian metallers Edenbridge a few days ago. The band posted the following statement:

"Frank Bindig has decided to leave Edenbridge due to his other projects. Edenbridge wish Frank all the best for the future!

Passion, personality, live experience and of course playing technique. If you think you can bring all this, you should not hesitate to apply for the vacant bass player position in Edenbridge!"

Source: edenbridge.org
Band profile: Edenbridge
Posted: 13.11.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 41 users
13.11.2008 - 12:00
GT
Coffee!!
Not again. The number of lineup changes in this band is just getting ridiculous
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
13.11.2008 - 23:58
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by GT on 13.11.2008 at 12:00

Not again. The number of lineup changes in this band is just getting ridiculous

Its not too bad though. There has been 2 drum and bass lineup changes and the other ones were just second guitarists, which really arent necessary anyway.
At least the trend of leaving female vocalists isnt happening. And if Lanvall left, thats the end.
14.11.2008 - 12:27
GT
Coffee!!
Yeah as long as Lanvall and Sabine are still there it should be alright
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
15.11.2008 - 13:58
wrathchild

Good for him! Really, he was the only one worth watching on stage, endangering the boring atmosphere carefully set by the others and their music.
I'm usually not that harsh with bands but I do think Edenbridge has become this "known" only due to the "let's have a beautiful female vocalist" trend that arose in the mid 90s.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
17.11.2008 - 08:04
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by wrathchild on 15.11.2008 at 13:58

Good for him! Really, he was the only one worth watching on stage, endangering the boring atmosphere carefully set by the others and their music.
I'm usually not that harsh with bands but I do think Edenbridge has become this "known" only due to the "let's have a beautiful female vocalist" trend that arose in the mid 90s.

Oh come on wrath I'd have at least agreed a bit with you before their 2008 release, because I never liked anything by them before either.... but their "MyEarthDream" disc is a near masterpiece of symphonic metal to me! And Sabine has an amazing voice as well on it But perhaps you are right about their live performance, as they don't tour here, so I'll never know what they are like live. If they perform their "MyEarthDream" songs boring live, well, then it sounds like they need a little constuctive criticism to tell them to match the energy with their songs. Hopefully when they get another fully stable lineup they can work on that aspect?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.11.2008 - 23:54
wrathchild

Written by Jason W. on 17.11.2008 at 08:04

Oh come on wrath I'd have at least agreed a bit with you before their 2008 release, because I never liked anything by them before either.... but their "MyEarthDream" disc is a near masterpiece of symphonic metal to me! And Sabine has an amazing voice as well on it

Yeah, I admit I haven't listened to the new album. They played one song from it when I saw them on tour with Rage but as far as I'm concerned it didn't save the gig.
Written by Jason W. on 17.11.2008 at 08:04

But perhaps you are right about their live performance, as they don't tour here, so I'll never know what they are like live. If they perform their "MyEarthDream" songs boring live, well, then it sounds like they need a little constuctive criticism to tell them to match the energy with their songs. Hopefully when they get another fully stable lineup they can work on that aspect?

Actually, Jeff shared the same opinion after he saw them on tour with Angra. I mean, he said the same about the bassist but he also said they might need some more live experience:
http://metalstorm.ee/pub/article.php?article_id=31
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz

Hits total: 2235 | This month: 3