‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Users visited: 289  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by -DC-002- on 14.11.2008 at 19:06
Has anything happened to you involving metal that is just generally shameful, sad, or downright bad.

One of my examples is.... A few of my CD's were recently stolen from me.
At The Gates - Slaughter of The Soul
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times,
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Immortal - Damed in Black and Diabolical Full Moon Mysticism
Dark Tranquillity - Haven, Fiction, and The Minds Eye
Wintersun - Wintersun
and the worst one of all because its gonna be so hard for me to get a new one.... Windir - 1184

I am and was VERY pissed off...

Page 4 of 4

slinx

03.01.2012 at 09:29
Not seeing Heaven & Hell a few years ago when I had the chance to. I had the money to pay for parking and tickets, the day requested off from work, and a ride. (My ride didn't get there either, but that's no consolation).

Not seeing Kamelot with Roy Khan. Didn't feel like blowing 37 dollars for tickets, but I actually did buy The Black Halo and Epica instead of going to the show. Saw Kamelot with the other guy (Fabio Leone?) and it was a great show even with his passable imitation of Roy Khan.

Oh, and I saw my favorite group at the time (All That Remains got me to listen to music with harsher vocals with little adjustment) at Mayhem Fest and realized how horrible they were playing live. Oh, and they were the only group who had chicks singing along to the music with maybe one half-assed most pit.... really really ruined it for me, but I still regard a few songs fondly but nothing new)
----
You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.
lordchadi

06.01.2012 at 03:19
I cant remember any heavy tragedy except one time my Hard Disk get bad sector & didnt want to work again & i lost more than 15 giga byte of metal mp3 .... after i wake up from this shock i tried to recollect my mp3's again on the new HD it took some times but i now have all wat i need
Valentin B
Iconoclast

06.01.2012 at 18:26
I think objectively the biggest loss the metal world ever suffered is the death of Randy Rhoads.

At a time when metal still was pretty much "the music that smelly introverted kid in class listens to", he was one of the first real metal guitar heroes and helped create some of the masterpieces on the first 2 Ozzy albums like Crazy Train or Mr Crowley, with the amazing solo's and unmistakable riffs. Imo he would have probably got worldwide recognition for his skills and talent and probably go on to create even more awesome metal.
----
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil.
1Yossarian1

05.06.2012 at 22:14
I live in South Africa, and very few metal bands ever tour here, so when In Flames announced a tour to SA for the beginning of this year i was incredibly excited even though i knew they wouldn't play anything off their earlier albums. They headlined a festival that occurs once a year which has a slightly metal-ly hard rock vibe, nothing else on the bill was really worth getting excited for, but i happily paid over my cash, because seeing any metal band live is a really big deal for me. Anyway, cutting a long story short, in an attempt to get a nice buzz going i decided to single handily drink three quarters of a bottle of tequila, and ended up being blackout drunk by 6pm, resulting in me passed out in my tent having missed In Flames. I dont know whether my story is really that tragic, i guess it is kinda more stupid then tragic, but anyway....
Timmeh
Music Listoner

09.06.2012 at 17:11
Well when Alcest played in Brisbane not too long ago, the bastards at the Globe Theatre kicked them out 3/4 of the way through their set basically because it was finishing up time. Needless to say the fans were ready to riot and I heard Neige cried, a tragedy indeed.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Login or register to post here.