Metal Storm logo
A Terrible Metal Tragedy... what are some of yours?

Original post

Posted by -DC-002-, 14.11.2008 - 19:06
Has anything happened to you involving metal that is just generally shameful, sad, or downright bad.

One of my examples is.... A few of my CD's were recently stolen from me.
At The Gates - Slaughter of The Soul
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times,
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Immortal - Damed in Black and Diabolical Full Moon Mysticism
Dark Tranquillity - Haven, Fiction, and The Minds Eye
Wintersun - Wintersun
and the worst one of all because its gonna be so hard for me to get a new one.... Windir - 1184

I am and was VERY pissed off...
25.06.2009 - 19:50
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Went to a local pub last night, wanted to put some songs on the electronic jukebox. Looked at what Metallica they had: two songs only, Fuel and The Day That Never Comes. Now that was dissapointing but expected in a none metal bar. The thing that surprised me however was when I came across Kittie. There were in all six Kittie songs to choose from. Now how can Kittie have a larger choice than Metallica, that just doesn't make sense.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
26.06.2009 - 18:16
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Like the author of this topic, i got some originals stolen also : Some one stole my car, and took all the cds. Between the originals were Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Paradise Lost, Mudvayne and Rage Against The Machine. Those were sad days, but that was over a year ago by now.

A more recent tragedy was probably missing the AC/DC concert
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
27.06.2009 - 10:54
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Haddonfield on 25.06.2009 at 19:50

Went to a local pub last night, wanted to put some songs on the electronic jukebox. Looked at what Metallica they had: two songs only, Fuel and The Day That Never Comes. Now that was dissapointing but expected in a none metal bar. The thing that surprised me however was when I came across Kittie. There were in all six Kittie songs to choose from. Now how can Kittie have a larger choice than Metallica, that just doesn't make sense.

The world and MOST people fucking suck. Makes sense to me. It would be fucking EPIC if you could play Orion at a bar, though.
28.06.2009 - 22:38
Derwood

I parted ways with my 1500+ vinyl collection in 1996 (for nothing!), probably about half of which was metal, and quite a bit of it rare and unreplaceable. I bought a lot of obscure and underground stuff, like Sacrifice's Torment in Fire and an octagonal picture disc from a band called Raving Mad I've never encountered anywhere else. I had a copy of the picture disc Creeping Death EP in there, a whole lot of Sabbath, Zeppelin, Priest, Maiden...

Of all the things I've done wrong in my life, that is the one I regret the most.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
28.06.2009 - 22:50
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.06.2009 at 10:54

The world and MOST people fucking suck. Makes sense to me. It would be fucking EPIC if you could play Orion at a bar, though.

Sure Orion would be magnificent but I weren't asking for that much just a few classics like Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, One or even some stuff of the Black Album would have been welcome.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
28.06.2009 - 22:54
Elio
Red Nightmare

Who the fuck is/are Kittie?

(serious)
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.06.2009 - 23:40
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Elio on 28.06.2009 at 22:54

Who the fuck is/are Kittie?

(serious)

A Canadian all female alternative meatal band, their first album was pretty decent, here's my favorite of the album:

Their second album was a bit darker and the vocals where heavier, the third goes slightly back to the roots of the first album but isn't as raw.
----

30.06.2009 - 14:08
Black Mass

Written by Dane Train on 17.06.2009 at 03:07

I bought it.

Hehehehee, that's gold dude! Its definitely a metal tragedy, AUD$25 I'll never get back
18.07.2009 - 00:26
Evil Chip

I couldn´t go to the iron maiden concert here in Chile and next year I'm gonna be in Sweden.
18.07.2009 - 00:55
Piro

My car broke down on the way to my favorite bands concert (The one in Hartford, CT by Insomnium). I had no way of possibly getting there. It sucked.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
18.07.2009 - 13:08
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
My mom took away my Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast T-Shit cause it was a bit weary and washed out, so she thought it wasn't suitable for wearing and she made herself clotsh for wiping dust from it
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.07.2009 - 14:23
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by AnGina-- on 18.07.2009 at 13:08

My mom took away my Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast T-Shit cause it was a bit weary and washed out, so she thought it wasn't suitable for wearing and she made herself clotsh for wiping dust from it

What did you do to your mam? I'd have had a fit. Especially since I've seen that old worn old band merch is worth more than new band merch?!?!? I saw a second hand motorhead shirt in a vintage shop, it must have dated back from the 80s, the color had faded, the sleeves had been cut off, it was being sold for £18 which is more than it would cost new, Seems some people will pay extra for that worn out look.
----

18.07.2009 - 14:46
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
^^Nuthin, my mom has always taken the right to put away my old clothes whenever she felt they were not fit to wear anymore and she always does that, she just tares is off and has a bunch of clothes.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.07.2009 - 22:40
Biedrik

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.06.2009 at 19:14

Written by Dane Train on 17.06.2009 at 03:07

I bought it.

If you call that a tragedy, here's mine:
I LIKE IT!

Man, I know exactly how you feel.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
23.07.2009 - 23:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
A tragedy I don't knwo but I still get pissed off thinking back to the incident.

Okay, I lived with my parents until 1989 and I had kept ALL the metal mags I had bought and was subscribed to. I used to store them in my parents' attic, also the mags I received after I had moved out. So there were literally hundreds and hundres of metal mag and fanzines and stuff (complete years of Kerrang, Aardschok, Metal Forces, fanzins such as the Norwegian Slayer Mag etc etc) about four years ago I decided I wanted all the mags in my own home so I went over to my parents' place only to find out that my mum had thrown them all out with the old paper a year earlier.
And those mags had several copies which were signed by band members of various bands (one I was particularly proud of was the Aardschok I had signed by Mercyful Fate, Raven, Accept and Vandenberg at the first concert I attended in my life)
I think that because my mu had thrown ALL those mags I didn't speak to hear for a couple of months. Yes, even 37 year olds can go haywie whn it come to such things

So, now I have most of my music collection stored at my parents' place as well (all the really rare stuff and suff I never listen to) ad my dad told me that my mum doesn't even dare come near all the vinyl, cd's etc. because of what happened four years ago
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2009 - 23:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
My worst tragedy was when I had to see The Other Flesh open up for Deathstars. You don't believe me? Watch this.
----
23.07.2009 - 23:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Warman on 23.07.2009 at 23:46

My worst tragedy was when I had to see The Other Flesh open up for Deathstars. You don't believe me? Watch this.

Mmm I hecked it out and actually it i a lot better than Dathstars imho.
But then again for me it would be a tragedy having to see Deathstars.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2009 - 23:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.07.2009 at 23:53

Haha, I knew it! I knew you would write that, I almost had it word for word in my head.
Sad Marcel, so sad.
----
23.07.2009 - 23:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Warman on 23.07.2009 at 23:56

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.07.2009 at 23:53

Haha, I knew it! I knew you would write that, I almost had it word for word in my head.
Sad Marcel, so sad.

Okay the band you posted was just slightly lees bad than Deathstars, I should not overdo it
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2009 - 23:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.07.2009 at 23:58

Okay the band you posted was just slightly lees bad than Deathstars, I should not overdo it

I can live with that!
----
24.07.2009 - 00:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Recieving Megadeth's The World Needs A Hero album as present...i never listened to Megadeth before and i guess this album really wont move things around, because it is really, really bad...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.07.2009 - 01:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ellrohir on 24.07.2009 at 00:43

Recieving Megadeth's The World Needs A Hero album as present...i never listened to Megadeth before and i guess this album really wont move things around, because it is really, really bad...

Just read what some of us said in the Megadeth thread
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.07.2009 - 12:17
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.07.2009 at 23:24

A tragedy I don't knwo but I still get pissed off thinking back to the incident.

Okay, I lived with my parents until 1989 and I had kept ALL the metal mags I had bought and was subscribed to. I used to store them in my parents' attic, also the mags I received after I had moved out. So there were literally hundreds and hundres of metal mag and fanzines and stuff (complete years of Kerrang, Aardschok, Metal Forces, fanzins such as the Norwegian Slayer Mag etc etc) about four years ago I decided I wanted all the mags in my own home so I went over to my parents' place only to find out that my mum had thrown them all out with the old paper a year earlier.
And those mags had several copies which were signed by band members of various bands (one I was particularly proud of was the Aardschok I had signed by Mercyful Fate, Raven, Accept and Vandenberg at the first concert I attended in my life)
I think that because my mu had thrown ALL those mags I didn't speak to hear for a couple of months. Yes, even 37 year olds can go haywie whn it come to such things

So, now I have most of my music collection stored at my parents' place as well (all the really rare stuff and suff I never listen to) ad my dad told me that my mum doesn't even dare come near all the vinyl, cd's etc. because of what happened four years ago

I know how does that feel! I wasn't about metal in my case, but my brother donated our book collection to a library because he and his girlfriend wanted to win a "who can donate more books" contest. There were some books I had a hard time to get and still I don't have some of them
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.07.2009 - 01:01
wormdrink414

Attempting to meet the lead singer from Eluveitie.
25.07.2009 - 07:28
thesabbathfan

Deicide - Till Death Do Us Part (which really is a shame, Stench and Scars kicked ass)
Black Sabbath - Seventh Star
CoB - Are You Dead Yet?
Kreator - the "experimental" period

all the albums themselves are tragedies, nothing in particular has happened to me... yet ...

and im not going to lie, I somewhat liked Megadeth's Risk.
----
25.07.2009 - 09:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast

shit! one kvlt Nwobhm band, another band which tours something like every 10 years(it's about time for a new tour, KIM!!!), and one that's disbanded with no hope in sight of getting re-united with their vocalist....

such a shame, that mag would have made you rich hahhahhah anything signed by Mayhem or magazines with Mayhem on them? or did you sell those already?

ah, by the way, beat this, people:

i was feeling down after miserably failing my Maths exam in January, so my mom decided to give in to my demands and offered to buy me plane tickets to Barcelona(at the time, the city in which my sister was staying) - flying for about 2000 KM, just in time to see the SAXON / ICED EARTH gig, the final gig of their February/March tour. i was so happy i was shocked.

then one fine 16th of February day, i had just closed the media player where Iced Earth was playing, and i was still humming the main riff of "1776" (yes that sounds a bit cartoon-ish but it's the exact way i remember it all), when i see in the news "SAXON/ICED EARTH SPANISH DATES CANCELED"... man was i pissed. i could have attended Hammerfall, Judas Priest and Megadeth, Exodus or Ac/Dc in Barcelona, none of these shows were canceled, i could have gone to them but noooo i chose the gig with 2 of my favorite bands.... fuck! i spent the 4 days visiting stuff and shit, but i still was pretty pissed off at whomever is responsible for this..
11.08.2009 - 20:05
Razorback

I wasn't able to see my favorite band live,that was tragedy,but i hope it will be another opportunity.i have experience about stolen cd's too..wierd.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
11.08.2009 - 20:11
routa
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 25.07.2009 at 09:10

shit! one kvlt Nwobhm band, another band which tours something like every 10 years(it's about time for a new tour, KIM!!!), and one that's disbanded with no hope in sight of getting re-united with their vocalist....

such a shame, that mag would have made you rich hahhahhah anything signed by Mayhem or magazines with Mayhem on them? or did you sell those already?

ah, by the way, beat this, people:

i was feeling down after miserably failing my Maths exam in January, so my mom decided to give in to my demands and offered to buy me plane tickets to Barcelona(at the time, the city in which my sister was staying) - flying for about 2000 KM, just in time to see the SAXON / ICED EARTH gig, the final gig of their February/March tour. i was so happy i was shocked.

then one fine 16th of February day, i had just closed the media player where Iced Earth was playing, and i was still humming the main riff of "1776" (yes that sounds a bit cartoon-ish but it's the exact way i remember it all), when i see in the news "SAXON/ICED EARTH SPANISH DATES CANCELED"... man was i pissed. i could have attended Hammerfall, Judas Priest and Megadeth, Exodus or Ac/Dc in Barcelona, none of these shows were canceled, i could have gone to them but noooo i chose the gig with 2 of my favorite bands.... fuck! i spent the 4 days visiting stuff and shit, but i still was pretty pissed off at whomever is responsible for this..

I was riding a bus few hours away from Hellfest when Marcel texted me that Pentagram had cancelled. I could have picked Hell's Pleasure or Hole in the Sky instead.
18.08.2009 - 05:08
danielllewis

When cryptopsy released "The Unspoken King", that was a fucking tragedy...
----
18.08.2009 - 05:38
flickaa

I was on vacation in stockholm sweden.. I checked my email... and a friend told me that peter from opeth left the band XD !! he was my favourite band member!!!!!