Metal Storm logo
Who Is The Better Guitarist

Original post

Posted by , 15.11.2008 - 09:11
I've had this argument with a couple of my friends already but with no success as to who is the overall best so i'll put it you guys. out of these guitarists who do you guys think is the best. i think that Jeff Waters from annihilator is the best for his riff and solo work, but dave mustaine and angus young are really good as well i reckon.

Poll

Who Is The Better Guitarist Out Of These People

Other
Dave Mustaine - Megadeth
Dimebag Darrel - Pantera
Jeff Loomis - Nevermore
Kirk Hammett - Metallica
Jeff Waters - Annihilator
Angus Young - AC/DC

Total votes: 217
30.07.2010 - 18:05
Javier_000

Other for sure. As for guitar players i guess there are several that we could state as options.

I'd shout the best i've seen are curiously a music couple, Martie Freedman and Jason Becker.
Who could pwn Serrana by JB ?
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
04.08.2010 - 21:03
r4ttlehead

Naturally I would say other, but it does say out of these people... so my vote is Dave
03.04.2011 - 23:23
blacktooth85

Jeff Loomis!!
15.04.2011 - 23:49
IDieForMetal

One of my favorite guitar is "Angus Young"
16.04.2011 - 02:47
Yasmine

Out of them obviously the only 2 to consider here is Loomis and Waters and Waters timing is incredible. Otherwise, Broderick, Cooley, Jerbozak, Drenning, Malone all deserve mentions.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
16.04.2011 - 03:54
Void_Eater
Account deleted
My favorite guitarist evah would have to be Josh Christian from Toxik. Listen to the solo on World Circus and you will agree. Everybody.
16.04.2011 - 05:05
Yasmine

He's very underrated, but I wouldn't put him with Cooley and Broderick, however that said he is a ton of steps up the ladder from Dimebag and Kirk, etc etc. I like the song False Prophets too. lol Exciting thrash disc.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
16.04.2011 - 06:06
Wyrd

Jiff Loomis for me. i love his leads. As for guitar player I like that are not here, I really like Devin Townsend and Andre Olbrich
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
21.04.2011 - 23:10
Balthazine

Written by Guest on 16.04.2011 at 03:54

My favorite guitarist evah would have to be Josh Christian from Toxik. Listen to the solo on World Circus and you will agree. Everybody.

Oh yeah Josh Christian definitely deserves a mention. He's crazy good and crazy fast.

A couple of my picks would also be the riff masters of the Danish Technical thrash band Artillery.

Jorgen Sandau, for his work on Fear of Tomorrow and Terror Squad

and

Michael Stutzer for his work on every other Artillery album, especially By Inheritance, his best work.

Artillery have always been masters of excellent riffage, and it's thanks to those two guitarists.
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
22.04.2011 - 01:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Sorry but Artillery are NOT technical thrash. If they are tech trash then every single bay area thrash band can be considered as such.

Artillery are a great ban indeed but nithing that can be considered tech trash back then. Back then a band such as Watchtower was tech thrash but NOT Artillery. So please no revisionism concerning music here. I have seen that going on far too often to such an extent that people even think Overkill were the first thrash band because they formed earlier than Metallica but forgetting the poart that Ovcerkill only p layed nwobhm and punk covers until after Metallica had already released two thrash demos.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2011 - 18:41
Marillion

Jeff Waters is the best for me, 2nd Steve Rothery (Marillion).
10.06.2011 - 09:36
LWR88

I think Yngwie Malmsteen is by far the best I've seen live. I think if we try to make arguments for who is the best, it needs to be broken down into the best for a certain style of music. I don't think it's possible to compare guitarists that play completely different styles of music to each other fairly.
11.06.2011 - 00:03
papasanchairs

All of them are the best.!!!
16.06.2011 - 04:14
JD
Account deleted
Dimebag.
16.06.2011 - 12:50
barcano1

I've voted Others options.
I think Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) is the best metal guitarist.
But Van Halen, Steve Vai and Randy Rhoads are also great.
----
"Nothing lasts forever.
Everything is dust in the wind..."

For rock music: Siemens SL45 + Sony MDR-E737LP/Grado SR80 \m/
16.06.2011 - 13:17
Metal_4Ever

My vote was to "Other" of course
There are many another Great guitarist Such as:
_Axel Rudi Pell
_Randy Rhoads
_Yngwie Malmsteen....
19.02.2012 - 14:49
Infernal Eternal

It depends on a person's taste.My favourite guitarist for example is Mille Petrozza of Kreator because of his awesome riffs.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
06.07.2012 - 16:44
LichBorne

JON SCHAFFER!!!