Metal Storm logo
Criminal - First Album Details

Official press release

Anglo-Chilean thrash masters Criminal have set "White Hell" as the title of their upcoming sixth studio album, which will be released on February 27th, 2009 by Massacre Records. The album is currently being recorded at bassist Dan Biggin's home studio.

"'White Hell' could be many things," vocalist/guitarist Anton Reisenegger comments on the title, "a hell of cocaine abuse, or a hell of racism and intolerance, or driving through Europe in the middle of winter in a van with no heating - which we actually did on the Six Feet Under tour! The [original concept is about] someone waking up in an emergency room, not knowing how or why they got there - which is actually based on a real-life experience - and this is what we are going to try and depict on the album cover in a very nightmarish way. Our long-time cover designer Claudio Bergamin has already gone to work on the cover, and I expect it to be killer as always!"

About the recording process, Reisenegger offers the following update: "Two weeks ago, Zac recorded all of his drum tracks in only two days. That's 14 songs in two days! We were just sitting there with our jaws dropped, completely in awe of what Zac was doing on his kit. We got some of it on video, so we will hopefully post a clip on YouTube soon for all you drum freaks. Let me just tell you, this album will contain the sickest drumming ever heard on any Criminal album!

"During the following week we recorded all rhythm guitars and guitar overdubs, and it's sounding pretty fucking phat! Even though he was just doing overdubs, Rod did some serious shredding, so I can't wait until we get to record his actual solos.

"I also started doing some vocals, and I think I've found a very comfortable, somewhat deeper tone. I think the vox sound most similar to what I did on "Cancer". The other guys loved it, so I must be doing something right.

"It's going to be really tough to decide on which songs to include on the album, as we all agree that 14 would be just too much. It's probably going to be between 10 and 12, and I expect some heated discussions, but it's hopefully all going to be for the best."

"White Hell" will be released in a limited edition including a bonus DVD, the contents of which will be announced shortly. A new Criminal track titled "The Infidel" can be heard on the band's MySpace page in demo version.

In other news, Criminal have been confirmed to headline the Red Stage at next year's Cumbre del Rock Chileno (Summit of Chilean Rock) festival. The event, which will be held on Sunday, January 11th, 2009 at Club Hípico in Santiago de Chile, features the country's most successful exponents of each subgenre within rock music, and is expected to draw over 50,000 music fans. Also appearing on the Rockaxis-sponsored Red Stage will be Dorso, Weichafe, Alejandro Silva and many more.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Criminal
Posted: 18.11.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 28 users
18.11.2008 - 20:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Ooooo yeah!!!
This guys are really good, I'm definitely looking forward for this.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.11.2008 - 23:38
dasyatidae

Cool!! i can't wait for "White Hell"... criminal rocks!!

By the way...

Quote:

In other news, Criminal have been confirmed to headline the Red Stage at next year's Cumbre del Rock Chileno (Summit of Chilean Rock) festival. The event, which will be held on Sunday, January 11th, 2009 at Club Hípico in Santiago de Chile, features the country's most successful exponents of each subgenre within rock music, and is expected to draw over 50,000 music fans. Also appearing on the Rockaxis-sponsored Red Stage will be Dorso, Weichafe, Alejandro Silva and many more.

GREAT NEWS!!!
----
Sorry for my bad english.
19.11.2008 - 03:36
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Great news... I am a long time fan of this band, they had never dissapointed me and their last album "Sicario" was stunning, so my hopes are actually high for this shit.

Anton Reissenegger can be fairly called the spearhead of Chilean metal, for what he has done since his very first band Pentagram.

Hits total: 2509 | This month: 7