Metal Storm logo
Delain - New Album Due Next Year

February 9th will see the release of "April Rain", the eagerly awaited new album from Dutch metal band Delain. "April Rain" follows the successful 2006 debut "Lucidity", which sky-rocketed the career of the band in their home country of The Netherlands. "The new album "April Rain" is a real group effort, that's what we're most proud of" says Martijn Westerholt, keyboard player and composer for Delain.

Delain has been Westerholt's project from the start and the debut "Lucidity" was recorded with a star studded cast of musical friends. Westerholt: "The album was never meant to be played live, but the demand was strong, so we eventually got a live band together. That's the band we've recorded "April Rain" with. Compared to "Lucidity", I'd say that this album musically is more coherent and consistent because of the fact that it was recorded all the way through by the same musicians. Production wise this album has more of a metal feel to it, as opposed to the more 'poppy' production of "Lucidity". Also the songs tend to be a bit faster. Less 'doomy' than on our debut. That said, that album was never intended to be played live and when performing we all felt that these kind of songs were missing in our repertoire. We can't wait to go out and play these new songs on stage! Another big difference is that there are almost no guest appearances on this album. There's only Nightwish vocalist Marco Hietala, whom we also worked with on "Lucidity", providing guest vocals on the song "Control The Storm"."

Currently Delain is in the studio working on the final details of "April Rain", which will be mixed and mastered soon after. The rest of 2008 and early 2009 will be used to go on tour again. First up is a tour through Germany in December. Then on February 5th the album will be launched in Amsterdam at a special event at the Melkweg venue before hitting the stores on February 9th. Westerholt adds: "And after that we'll tour Europe with Kamelot and do multiple headline shows throughout Europe. I'd never intended Delain to be a real touring band? but now that we've become one, I'm definitely enjoying it to the fullest. We're looking forward to seeing our fans again real soon!"

Source: delain.nl
Band profile: Delain
Posted: 25.11.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 79 users
25.11.2008 - 16:36
darklos

More metal and faster, it sounds great.
25.11.2008 - 17:58
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Good news. Although I liked the 'doomy' and gothic side from Lucidity. But still looking forward to it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
25.11.2008 - 18:36
Holy_Diver

Sounds very interesting, definatly going to listen this one
25.11.2008 - 19:35
juanopereira

"Production wise this album has more of a metal feel to it, as opposed to the more 'poppy' production of "Lucidity". Also the songs tend to be a bit faster."
Really wise words can't wait!!!
25.11.2008 - 20:10
Abattoir

Uuu, looking forward to this one of course They always make my day better with listening of Lucidity...
25.11.2008 - 20:24
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I listened to Lucidity many months ago and thought it was nothing special, maybe I'll give it a try again...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
26.11.2008 - 01:42
Symmachus

I have not heard this band in a while. I think I should change that. This will hopefully be a pretty good album.
26.11.2008 - 09:29
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I really love some of the songs on "Lucidity" but it did have too many guest appearances in it to make me fully love the band or to have a concrete opinion on Delain the band. But this new album seems really promising, and a more "metal" feel to the production will only help I think!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
26.11.2008 - 13:40
Enissa

Sounds really interesting, I should get it
26.11.2008 - 14:13
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Lucidity was really interesting, so can't wait to hear new Delain stuff!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
27.11.2008 - 20:45
Elodie Artour
Slania
Sounds great! I'm looking forward to hearing it!

However, the fact that firstly the band wasn't planned to play live is a bit weird... :
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
28.11.2008 - 19:52
marco

It was a project and not a band
----
the proggy bubblefucker
20.12.2008 - 20:23
Metal Symphony

Lucidity was one of the best albums ever!! i hope this would be the same or better;D
----
What is the meaning of this conspiracy,
The conspiracy that God has offered me,
Clinging me to the hands of insanity,
Concealing me in a lifetime fond of misery.

Hits total: 3176 | This month: 6