Metal Storm logo
Enslaved vs. Opeth

Original post

Posted by TheBigRossowski, 26.11.2008 - 12:22
One could easily say 'Enslaved is the black metal equivalent to Opeth' or vice-versa. They are both masters of their craft in Extreme Metal. Which one would you say is better though?

Based on new albums?
Live shows?

This is something I myself couldn't say as I'm a huge fan of both bands. However, I'm curious to see the results. Could you imagine these two playing together? That would be money well spent!

Poll

Which one do you prefer?

Opeth
Enslaved

Total votes: 277
25.06.2018 - 22:56
Opeth 4 life!
19.06.2019 - 14:57
Tehrin

Enslaved is good, but opeth is another level
03.11.2019 - 21:29
All Metal

I just listened to the whole Enslaved discography. No contest - Opeth is just better in all ways. Enslaved sounded weird on their later albums, like a black metal version of Radiohead.
27.08.2021 - 20:24
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
I only really like Enslaved in their early days, when they were more of a traditional black metal band, but I cannot compare their early material with anything Opeth have done.

So comparing the later, and more progressive Enslaved with Opeth, I have to go with Opeth, I have been into Opeth on and off for a while, sometimes I really like what they do, and sometimes I find them annoyingly boring, but they are a one of a kind band, with such quality musicians, later Enslaved material I've always struggled to can't get into.