Metal Storm logo
Crystal Viper

Original post

Posted by mortjoyeux, 28.11.2008 - 05:04
Amazing female fronted heavy metal from Poland, a must listen to for every heavy metal fan.
Recently formed in 2003 the band has 2 full length albums out now.

Take a listen and post your thoughts, they're not too well known yet, but they're fucking killer.

http://www.myspace.com/crystalviperofficial
20.07.2009 - 00:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord_Regnier on 19.07.2009 at 23:35

Written by Ellrohir on 19.07.2009 at 23:20

And i think thrash metal should die, because i dont like it and i think it never was good music...does it mean something

Not really. The problem with Powermetal is it gets worse and worse all the time. I've never seen a genre take such a neverending downward spiral. There's not the slightest hint of hope for some kind of reborn in this genre's case. It only gets more simple, basic, unoriginal, commercial and gay as time goes by.

Thets where I agree whit you take all flower bands who has anout 4/5 albums listen firts n listen last ... cheasy
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.07.2009 - 00:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Still there are good bands like Fairyland, who stands out from being "shit" or "commercial"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.07.2009 - 00:54
Lord_Regnier
Written by Ellrohir on 20.07.2009 at 00:40

Still there are good bands like Fairyland, who stands out from being "shit" or "commercial"

Agreed. Fairyland is one of the very few bands that still makes non-commercial Powermetal like this genre was a decade ago. It's a band that reminds me of the 'old times', if you know what I mean. The others are Gamma Ray, Persuader and Stormwarrior. These are probably the only PM bands I can stand nowadays. Tho other bands are too cheesy.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
20.07.2009 - 02:22
albatros
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 21:09

I really don't understand how people cn still listen to this sort of stuff when t's been done to death by almost every single power metal around.

It's simple enough for me to understand, it's melodious, it doesn't have to grow on me but hits me in the heart from the first second onward, it wakes me up at 4 in the morning and not after my shift is over and I like her voice.
20.07.2009 - 02:24
albatros

Not really. The problem with Powermetal is it gets worse and worse all the time. I've never seen a genre take such a neverending downward spiral. There's not the slightest hint of hope for some kind of reborn in this genre's case. It only gets more simple, basic, unoriginal, commercial and gay as time goes by.

... and I can't think of a more unoriginal word to bash a band or genre than "gay" .
20.07.2009 - 04:01
Lord_Regnier
Written by albatros on 20.07.2009 at 02:24

... and I can't think of a more unoriginal word to bash a band or genre than "gay" .

Replace the word 'gay' by 'so cheesy it becomes laughable', if it pleases you. What I mean is many PM bands are some kind of 'sugar candy music' or pseudo-metal for pussies these days. The genre is a joke compared to what it was in the 80s and 90s. Originally, it was melodic speed metal, and not the commercial hard rock-ish garbage people consider as PM today.

You know, there's a genre called bubblegum pop. Maybe we could invent a genre called bubblegum metal to label bands like current Edguy and Power Quest.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
20.07.2009 - 11:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
About Edguy - i was on their gig in February and probably never felt such a great atmosphere on concert like there...or well - Iron Maiden's Somewhere back in time was better, but compare 1000 people in club with 35000 people on open stadium...

Edguy is exactly one of the bands i can listen to any time...the problem of PM i would see in existence of tons of bands who are just copying these flag bearers like Edguy...
----

21.07.2009 - 00:47
albatros
Written by Lord_Regnier on 20.07.2009 at 04:01

Replace the word 'gay' by 'so cheesy it becomes laughable', if it pleases you. What I mean is many PM bands are some kind of 'sugar candy music' or pseudo-metal for pussies these days. The genre is a joke compared to what it was in the 80s and 90s. Originally, it was melodic speed metal, and not the commercial hard rock-ish garbage people consider as PM today.

You know, there's a genre called bubblegum pop. Maybe we could invent a genre called bubblegum metal to label bands like current Edguy and Power Quest.

If you like 80s speed metal more than today's power metal, I'd say that's fair enough.

However I think "bubblegum metal" has also its place in the world. I've seen Freedom Call and Hammerfall play, which probably also fall in that category, and Edguy. In all cases it was like Ellrohir said, there was a crowd, sort of 1000 people, that had a wonderful time. Same goes for the often bashed Within Temptation, who might be branded as "pop metal".
Crowds of these bands have chosen to avoid mainstream pop and to go to a metal concert, and I think that says something about their wish for an individual life style. Which is, I think, what metal is all about.

Quite possible that 80s speed metal was more complex and more powerful than a lot of today's power metal. However, me wanting to see Crystal Viper live doesn't make me a pussy. And talking more general, I think, no one who holds his own in life should be called a pussy just because he/her listens to cheesy metal with catchy simple melodies.
I've crawled around in a lot of weird places on this planet in all kind of weather, be it day or night, mountain or valley, and don't think I'm more pussy than any hung over wearer of a burzum shirt.
21.07.2009 - 12:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Btw one more thing about Edguy...on their gig, they played Save Me from Rocket Ride too...who knows this song, tell me, if there is any other more cheesy song by them...but anyway, on this concert, it was definitely one of the highlights, because of the atmosphere created

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_XcChaUNg

before the song started, Tobi asked crowd which men wanna be women, then said, who doesnt want, he may leave, because they are now going to play this boring, cheesy, commercial ballad Save Me, which only girls can appreciate...this I take as a proof they are not obsessed by geniality of their work thinking they are doing the only worth-to-listen music ever...

and the experience from listening this song and singing along...yes, you may enter some bm gig, there 2 hours stand as a statue with hands on your chest, afraid even to move in rhytm to stay "serious" and not to be called untrue gay or you may visit power metal show and experience 2 hours of fun...thats why PM has its place in the world
----

21.07.2009 - 14:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 21.07.2009 at 12:29

at their gig, they played Save Me from Rocket Ride too...who knows this song, tell me, if there is any other more cheesy song by them...

First song that springs to mind that is even more cheesy is Lavatory Love Machine
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 15:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But it is an excellent song for making rubbish in mosh pit
----

21.07.2009 - 16:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 21.07.2009 at 15:26

But it is an excellent song for making rubbish in mosh pit

Since when do people mosh to power metal? My God, nowadays people seem to mosh to anything.
Might as well mosh to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Moshing should only be done to thrash metal, hardcore thrash crossover, brutal death metal, that sort of music.

Youth of today
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 16:21
routa
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.07.2009 at 16:10

Since when do people mosh to power metal? My God, nowadays people seem to mosh to anything.

Moshing should only be done to thrash metal, hardcore thrash crossover, brutal death metal, that sort of music.

Youth of today

What, you've never heard of the so-called nightwish-pit?
21.07.2009 - 16:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 21.07.2009 at 16:21

Youth of today

No, but I did witness a Candlemass pit years and years ago, which was fun to see btw... people moshing in slow motion.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 16:40
routa
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.07.2009 at 16:32

Written by Guest on 21.07.2009 at 16:21

Youth of today

No, but I did witness a Candlemass pit years and years ago, which was fun to see btw... people moshing in slow motion.

Reminds me of those fuckers at the St. Vitus' show . At least one of them got what he deserved, hah hah!
21.07.2009 - 17:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

Youth of today

appologize myself, old warrior
----

15.05.2019 - 16:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Time to reveal the news we promised you: we just started to work on our new studio album! It will be entitled "Tales Of Fire And Ice", and will be released this fall on AFM Records as CD, limited edition vinyl LP and digitial download. More details to follow!
----

apos;'
[image]
25.10.2019 - 13:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Marta Gabriel
16 mins ·
DEAR CRYSTAL VIPER FRIENDS, FANS AND FOLLOWERS...
(wersja polska poniżej)

Line up changes are never an easy thing, but band is like a family - divorces sometimes happen as well. That being said, we announce that Crystal Viper and the drummer Tomek Danczak "Golem" decided to go separate ways. There is no bad blood between us, no drama, and we wish Golem nothing but all the best, and we thank him for all the years of cooperation (we did some cool things together, didn't we?).
----

apos;'
[image]
26.10.2019 - 15:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Marta Gabriel
4 hrs ·
THE NEW CRYSTAL VIPER DRUMMER
(wersja polska poniżej)

Please meet the new Crystal Viper drummer, Cederick Forsberg! You might know this Swedish musician from bands such as Blazon Stone or Rocka Rollas. We are very happy to welcome him in the Crystal Viper family! Metalheads of Portugal and Spain will be between the first ones that will see him in action in November and December. See you there, we are metal nation
----

apos;'
[image]
27.10.2019 - 20:14
Joppe
Steelemeister
^ Unexpected. Maybe it can work out.

What are skelator's thoughts about this, though?
----
My vision is augmented
27.10.2019 - 20:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 27.10.2019 at 20:14

^ Unexpected. Maybe it can work out.

What are skelator's thoughts about this, though?

I doubt so, he cant put own band stogether and search for things and so on,,,.,. I dobt its long living project, he in sweden, CV all are based on Poland.
Let firts Rocka Rollas and Blazon Stone comes together or Tristans Fate put new album out(even such band was living maybe 2-3 days)
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2019 - 12:43
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 27.10.2019 at 20:41

I doubt so, he cant put own band stogether and search for things and so on,,,.,. I dobt its long living project, he in sweden, CV all are based on Poland.
Let firts Rocka Rollas and Blazon Stone comes together or Tristans Fate put new album out(even such band was living maybe 2-3 days)

TBH I don't expect anything to last long term. But for short term I can't see why it isn't possible. Who knows even how long CV is planned to continue?
----
My vision is augmented
29.10.2019 - 13:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 29.10.2019 at 12:43

Written by Bad English on 27.10.2019 at 20:41

TBH I don't expect anything to last long term. But for short term I can't see why it isn't possible. Who knows even how long CV is planned to continue?

True, and I Believe cv will play 20 years, maybe not so much in West, but small tours and albums tes. Marta will song long
----

apos;'
[image]
24.01.2020 - 21:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Crystal Viper
Yesterday at 18:17 ·
Crystal Viper will play 4 exclusive shows in Germany next month.
Here's where you can catch us:

22/02/2020 - Rieckhof Harburg, Hamburg
Event page: www.facebook.com/events/343534909630402/

26/02/2020 - Backstage, Munich
Event page: www.facebook.com/events/735780290162448/

28/02/2020 - Cafe Central, Weinheim
Event page: www.facebook.com/events/2587052958245132/

29/02/2020 - Rock Am Stuck Winter Night, Wabern
Event page: www.facebook.com/events/511855189407885/

Photo by Tim Tronckoe

----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2020 - 12:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Crystal Viper
11 February at 14:47 ·
Metalheads of Germany, we have some news for you. Our guitarist Andy won't be able to play the next 4 shows with us (no worries, he is OK) - so once again, Marta Gabriel will be both singer and guitarist for Crystal Viper!

TOUR OF FIRE AND ICE IN GERMANY
22/02/2020 - Heathen Rock, Rieckhof, Hamburg
26/02/2020 - Backstage, Munich
28/02/2020 - Cafe Central, Weinheim
29/02/2020 - Rock Am Stuck Winter Night, Wabern
----

apos;'
[image]
17.12.2021 - 09:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
2021 wasn't an easy year. We released new studio album "The Cult", but we managed to play literally 3 live shows only, as our other festival appearances and the European Tour on which we were supposed to promote new album were either postponed or cancelled. So instead, we did few new studio recordings, including full #RockOutSessions recording, where we played 4 songs from "The Cult" in the live, stripped down versions. We decided to release the video version for free - it's our way of saying thank you to all the fans who are supporting us in those weird times, who bought the new album. The same material will be later released as Side-B of our special Mini Album, which will be released in the next few months, and which will include few rather big surprises!
Watch the video

----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2022 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Few new dates announced.

13/05/2022 - Vitoria, Galia Metal Fest, Spain
14/05/2022 - Revi Live, Madrid, Spain
15/05/2022 - Salamandra, Barcelona, Spain
28/05/2022 - Rockhutte, Eisenhuttenstadt, Germany
09/06/2022 - Lidovy Dum, Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
11/06/2022 - Metal Friends Festival, Jaszbenery, Hungary
16/06/2022 - Potok Club, Warszawa, Poland
----

apos;'
[image]