Metal Storm logo
Greatest Metal Music Ensembles

28.11.2008 - 11:26
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I mean by Greatest metal music ensembles, which band in your opinion has the best combination of musicians, IMO Dream Theater has the greatest music ensembles, because they have one of the best drummers, guitarist and keyboardist.
28.11.2008 - 11:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Only one Rush and dont aks me why because you shood know it if you know anything about muisc they are 3 and get such sound , no doubt Rush
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.11.2008 - 12:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Led Zeppelin hands down, I'm sure many will agree with me on this one. Everyone in Zep were top notch musicians, all fitting together perfectly, no one seemed out of place - ever.

Also the original Danzig line-up, for the first 2 albums the chemistry just seemed flawless, musically speaking.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.11.2008 - 14:11
Sunioj

Burzum.

Oh wait...
28.11.2008 - 15:19
Nightmare^

IMO Dream Theater has one of the best lineups, but i really hate their vocals. They ruin some of their best songs. Almost the same goes for Nevermore, great musicians but although Warell has an amazing voice, I'd prefer plenty of their songs with another, more heavy vocals. For example, the song "I Voyager" has very aggressive music but gay vocals

As for my personal favourites, Control Denied or Death after the Sound Of Perseverance had a great lineup, really fitting with each other. Another one would be Necrophagist, back to their Epitaph album lineup. This goes because i still haven't heard any of Sami Raatikainen's work with them, just watched him live.
----
28.11.2008 - 22:42
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm gonna say Rush. Every person in that band seemed to have pioneered something with their instruments. Each one is a legend at what they do.
----
Coldgrits
28.11.2008 - 22:51
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Right now, I'd say Death on "Human" or maybe Control Denied. The whole Rush hype is really curious to me... I listened to "2112" and a recent TOP 100 newcomer "Moving Pictures" and I don't get why they are so praised. It's been only one time each. Maybe later, I will be able to evaluate them decently. And it's also interesting how people describe their drummer saying he is like very melodic and just by his drumming he creates riffs or something. Anyway, my point is... so far I don't see anything great about their musicianship.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.11.2008 - 23:17
tulkas
el parcero
I'd have to agree on Dream Theater. everyone of them is just great with their instrument, playing it amazingly and also making it sound good. they're a really great band, one of my favs
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.11.2008 - 12:20
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Nightmare^ on 28.11.2008 at 15:19

IMO Dream Theater has one of the best lineups, but i really hate their vocals. They ruin some of their best songs. Almost the same goes for Nevermore, great musicians but although Warell has an amazing voice, I'd prefer plenty of their songs with another, more heavy vocals. For example, the song "I Voyager" has very aggressive music but gay vocals

As for my personal favourites, Control Denied or Death after the Sound Of Perseverance had a great lineup, really fitting with each other. Another one would be Necrophagist, back to their Epitaph album lineup. This goes because i still haven't heard any of Sami Raatikainen's work with them, just watched him live.

I agree with you Dream Theater's vocals are kind of poor
28.05.2009 - 23:14
Andresopeth

Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
every member of that band knows what to do, i think is the best line up ever!
29.05.2009 - 15:20
Nimlot
A. Reader
Blind Guardian, no question about it.... no line-up changes for about 20 years and kicking of ass is unlimited.
03.10.2009 - 10:44
FOOCK Nam

I think Haggard, they are not flawless but their Ensembles need to be good at control and coordination.
21.10.2009 - 20:32
soadbyob
Account deleted
Does War Ensemble count?
21.10.2009 - 21:43
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by FOOCK Nam on 03.10.2009 at 10:44

I think Haggard, they are not flawless but their Ensembles need to be good at control and coordination.

Haggard has my vote too, especially live they were so awesome!
01.11.2009 - 03:02
STEELER

Iron maiden....piece of mind-seventh son era....
01.11.2009 - 03:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Andresopeth on 28.05.2009 at 23:14

Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
every member of that band knows what to do, i think is the best line up ever!

Without question. There will never be another band with the chemistry that Zep had.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.01.2010 - 11:16
Immortal

I think as a super-group, Bloodbath are pretty awesome.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
04.01.2010 - 12:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
When it comes to metal then it's Dream Theater, no doubt. Such a skilled ensemble of musicians, they always keep on stunning me. For rock music it's hands down Rush. For probably the same reasons as DT.
----
16.08.2011 - 15:54
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Megadeth on Rust In Peace. Dave Mustaine, Friedman, Ellefson..... Top notch dudes.
12.02.2012 - 06:35
lordchadi

Death - Individual Thought Patterns ( chuck , Andy la roque , gene hoglain )
iron maiden for sure
26.07.2013 - 11:15
Infernal Eternal

Sex Pistols! Shit, I'm trolling again!
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
26.07.2013 - 16:19
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
How about the King Diamond lineup on the 1st 2 albums. Diamond, Denner, LaRoque, Dee and Hansen.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.08.2013 - 20:21
FOOCK Nam

Windir, the album 1184 proved their talents each of members.